[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not happy with Bissouma being dropped to the bench , pace, skill and tackling ability. Hope Stephens doesn’t get carried away chasing shadows and diving and getting sent off

I can see the sense in his energy late in the game but worry we might be down to 10 by then

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ot happy with Bissouma being dropped, pace, skill and tackling ability. Hope Stephens doesn’t get carried away chasing shadows and diving and getting sent off
Saving Yves for City, another easy game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know Alzate is nursing an injury but hope to see him back before end of the season...he appears to have so much time on the ball ..really enjoy watching him play

No point in risking him with an injury worry. We’ve got a squad full of similar players in terms of talent levels. I think he’ll be a star next year too. Not sure which position he’ll play though but perhaps in a midfield three with Bissouma & Pröpper.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Bakhsh again
Ali’s bakhsh, tell a friend
Guess who's bakhsh, guess who's back?
Guess who's bakhsh ?

Recovered for Covid-19 at last!

Everybody
Rock your body
Everybody
Rock your body right
Jahanbaksh alright!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not so odd. He needs a rest but I'm sure he will be on for last 20 mins

Does he, though? Played last saturday, its now Wednesday. Norwich wasn't the most taxing game. They're professional athletes!

Edit - I suppose I'm being harsh after the 3 month break

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So we drop Bissouma, arguably our best player of late. Very odd but it'll be great to see such a dynamic midfield trio in full flow.

I was waiting for someone to not understand that a midfielder cant play 8 games in 30 days after a 3 month break.

He will be missed but players need to be rested every now and then when its so tight between the games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's clear there has been a (subconscious probably) lessening of effort for the Scousers, regardless of what Klopp says/wants - bound to happen with the job done. At PL level even a small % gives the lesser team a much better chance. Not as clear cut as the bookies will have it. We should be well up for it and Liverpool have also struggled away recently. Looking forward to it, partly because a loss isn't a big deal anyway now so no real pressure.

Interestingly just heard a discussion on the radio that a win for West Ham tonight 'leaves them safe'.

I heard that West Ham comment, which means we’re very safe.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

So AJ hasn’t been sold then!

There goes that theory. Maybe it really was COVID. Happy to see him back anyway [emoji122]

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Team news - Neco Williams starts
Brighton v Liverpool (20:15 BST)

Phil McNulty
BBC Sport chief football writer
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp shuffles the pack for the champions as key striker Sadio Mane drops down to the bench after scoring in the win against Aston Villa at Anfield.

Youngster Neco Williams comes in for Andrew Robertson, while Jordan Henderson and Roberto Firmino also come back into the side. Divock Origi and Fabinho are also on the bench. Sadio Mane is only a substitute.

Brighton also make changes as they go in search of Premier League survival. Alexis Mac Allister, Lewis Dunk and Pascal Gross are back in the side as they hope to build on the crucial three points they won at Norwich City.

Aaron Mooy, Aaron Connolly and Yves Bissouma are on the bench.

Dunk? :moo:

The writers and pundits don't really research 'teams like Brighton'...cannon fodder all looks the same I guess 🤔

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Shame about Bissouma. Said after Utd that Stephens and Propper should never start together again but they’ll do better this time. Do wish we had Bissouma and Mooy in for Stephens and Grosscas after watching Liverpool in Sunday it’ll be an easier game than City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports