Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just to make sure I've understood this correctly: if we win tonight, we're champions of England, right?

And before anyone accuses me of being "thick", that's how it works in conkers.
Yep, thats it - mind you, we'd then have to defend the title against Man City on Saturday.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Just to make sure I've understood this correctly: if we win tonight, we're champions of England, right?

And before anyone accuses me of being "thick", that's how it works in conkers.

Aren't Southampton currently the champs then, or do I need to go back to conkerschool?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
When did we stop doing the big badge little badge thing?

Not complaining. just trying to work out whether our change of fortunes is linked.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Pre virus, Liverpool were unstoppable and I'd have given us a fraction above zero chance of any result. Since the restart Liverpool haven't been so impressive bar the thumping of Palace. With the game being pretty much a dead rubber for them, I am (slightly) optimistic of a sneaky result if we go into the game with a positive approach and 'if' they are a little disinterested. Same tactics as we deployed in the first half against United, we could get thumped if Liverpool are on song.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are a better opponent for us than Man United as they dont quite have the same pace. Losing is still likely though, obviously.

Curious to see how Potter rotates the squad as someone will need to be fit against City as well.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cannot see us getting much out of today's game I hope it's not a cricket score and that we make a game of it

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not scored in 4 aways? Once teams come off peak performance and they've wrapped things up, precedent suggests it's very hard to get back on it. We've only lost by the odd goal in our last 3 games against them.

Still too good for us, I fear though. Heart says draw, head says 0-2.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Gave them a right scare at Anfield and were slightly unfortunate not to get anything , we were undone from 2 corners with some woeful defending.

I would like to see Duffy come in tonight to replace Webster and perhaps Bernado for Burn , this is a good chance to see how good young Lamptey is up against a fantastic crosser of the ball .

We can do this , and if you can't get up for a game against the European champions and Premier league winners then you never will .

Come on Brighton .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's clear there has been a (subconscious probably) lessening of effort for the Scousers, regardless of what Klopp says/wants - bound to happen with the job done. At PL level even a small % gives the lesser team a much better chance. Not as clear cut as the bookies will have it. We should be well up for it and Liverpool have also struggled away recently. Looking forward to it, partly because a loss isn't a big deal anyway now so no real pressure.

Interestingly just heard a discussion on the radio that a win for West Ham tonight 'leaves them safe'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here