Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Just to make sure I've understood this correctly: if we win tonight, we're champions of England, right?

And before anyone accuses me of being "thick", that's how it works in conkers.

You are almost correct.

This rule was created after the Scots beat our ‘66 World Cup winning team. It enabled them to become the World Champions but in Scotland only. I believe the rule is still enforced but there are two caveats.

1. It only has jurisdiction in Scotland. So only the Scots would view us as Premier League Champions.

2. If another club beat Liverpool, they’d take the title, nothing we can do about that.

Hope this helps.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Always hope against hope against the big uns, but I’m sure it’ll be a case of us trying to keep their score down. Still, always that little bit of hope.

Are we doing the guard of honour thing?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Spare a thought tonight as well for Liverpool fan resident of Dunboyne Co. Meath in Ireland - Sean Cox - the man injured more than two years ago before the Liverpool v Roma game. Sean was finally able to return home to his family a few weeks ago after more than two years in hospital. He will face life-long dependency as a result of his injuries and is fortunate to have a loving family to care for him.

0013effb-614.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just to make sure I've understood this correctly: if we win tonight, we're champions of England, right?

And before anyone accuses me of being "thick", that's how it works in conkers.

By that logic, Southampton are currently champions of England.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
2013 - FA cup, we just hoped we would perform well, whilst getting beaten by Arsenal.

These days we are disappointed if we don't get 6 points a season :wink: How long before we 'expect' to beat Liverpool ?

(I know we're at home, but I would settle for a point tonight :thumbsup:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1280910812958330882[/tweet]

Those kind of love ins make me nervous - we'll end up doing a Sergio Ramos on one of their players now :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1280928385380712449[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here