Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not strengthening when in the transfer window comming home to roost
No, that was not the issue.

No doubt you had much higher expectations than top 7

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Brighton winger Solly March on dominating the game against Fulham but still losing: "It's a tough one to take. You can't win games by playing well, you have to put the ball in the back of the net and unfortunately we didn't do that.

"I thought we deserved something from the game.

"I don't think they came to win the game but somehow they did. That's football, unfortunately. We have to take it on the chin and bounce back.

"We're confident we can win games and if we still play like that we will win a lot more than we draw or lose."

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Bitterly disappointed with the last 2 results given we have totally dominated both games. I don't think either Palace or Fulham would have had too much to gripe about had we won 3 or 4 nil.
Id love to say i can just brush this off but it does ruin my evenings when we lose or draw games we should have won very comfortably.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
You have a valid point here... I am personally delighted we sit 7th in the best league in the world. Having said that we really should have seen off Palace, Leicester and Fulham and so we could arguably be above Spurs and Newcastle already with a game in hand.

This is in response to doogie's comment about having bigger expectations than Fulham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have bigger expectations than Fulham yes don’t you ?
Sure, but football isn't a straight line - we won't simply win the easy games and lose the harder games, we'll win some we don't expect and lose some we should win.

Although I will say that overall we outperformed Fulham far more today than I expected.

People can pretend they did a job on us, but the truth is we missed chances we should have scored and they got away with it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We need another decent no 9

There…. Bollox Ive said it.
Difficult to get … I know all that.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Hats off to Marco Silva he came for a point and told his team to use everything possible to make it happen. We again struggled when trying to get through defensive minded teams - had Fulham come and ‘played’ we’d probably have won 3 or 4 -0

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sure, but football isn't a straight line - we won't simply win the easy games and lose the harder games, we'll win some we don't expect and lose some we should win.

Although I will say that overall we outperformed Fulham far more today than I expected.

People can pretend they did a job on us, but the truth is we missed chances we should have scored and they got away with it.
Yep. Was speaking to a couple of Fulham lads on the way back on the train…….they absolutely know they got away with one and didn’t deserve anything.

Two weeks in a row is very frustrating though.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Filthy result, sounds like we played well but I hope De Zerbi has them all doing final pass/finishing drills on Monday. And if I hear “the corner fails to beat the first man” one more time this season, I think my head will explode. At Premier League level, every corner bar a mis-kick or short corner should beat the first man.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I’ll take whatever happens as long as we don’t cheat like Fulham and Villa. How refs keep getting taken in by blatant cheating astounds me. Delighted we are not like that.

I think all head injuries should go to VAR for a check on what happened, simulation should be a red card
Simulation should be a free kick and a yellow card. Let's see the fuckers fake it in the area then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Since RDZ said he couldn’t substitute Mitoma, Mitoma has been bloody awful

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
We need another decent no 9

There…. Bollox Ive said it.
Difficult to get … I know all that.
I thought Ferguson had a reasonable game, he snatched at an early chance and his other shot was on his weaker foot, but got it on target.vHis hold up play and passes were good. The problem was ultimately we didn't have "a must score from that chance", despite the 21 shots. Most of them were shots or headers under pressure. On another day, some of them might have gone in.

They actually had the only clear cut chance, I e. A player in a good position with time to shoot, and they scored!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Since RDZ said he couldn’t substitute Mitoma, Mitoma has been bloody awful
Agreed - been poor for a while, the winner against Bournemouth saved him a bit. Should have been taken off today IMO

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Roberto wasn’t happy. Definitely was raging at during first half, could hear him a couple of times from the East stand.

Managers don’t score goals though. Another familiar Amex performance.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Haven’t seen it confirmed but was Estupinan a tactical sub? I was quite supposed to see a knackered Pascal Gross at left back after coming back from two avoidable offsides?

Seems odd to take off our best crosser of the ball if he wasn’t injured?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Haven’t seen it confirmed but was Estupinan a tactical sub? I was quite supposed to see a knackered Pascal Gross at left back after coming back from two avoidable offsides?

Seems odd to take off our best crosser of the ball if he wasn’t injured?

They said hamstring on Radio Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here