Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I agree. In hindsight a mistake, but I see what RDZ was trying to do. In his defence it was a ridiculous mix up between Undav and Buonanotte (I think it was them) on the break that led to them breaking on us.

I thought we were good for 70 minutes until the change. Several players not quite on it today, including Ali Mac and Karou. Solly was sublime until the last 20. Really hope I'm wrong about Undav but still think he's a poor man's Hemed at this point. Somebody compared him to Baldock on here - cannot see that comparison as they're completely different body shapes and Super Sam scored some of the best goals seen at the Amex. Boy that man could hit a ball.

Anyway, I digress. Less concerned about Fulham leapfrogging us and happier that Chelsea lost as I see them as the bigger threat as I can only see Potter turning things around OR they get rid and get a manager who does before the end of the season. Onwards and upwards. Still positive.
A great finish in the cup game but I've seen very little to suggest he is anywhere near as good as Hemed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mugged

Once again a terrible game from a ref taken in by a team of schooled cheats and timewasters

BUT, no excuses, our final ball and finishing was abysmal, Potterball revisited

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They have to do something about fake head injuries. Would like to see Var checking every one for head contact and ref giving a yellow every time there is none.
Totally agree. I don't actually mind that players are doing it. It's an obvious rule to take advantage of. But whilst they're down, it would be easy to check for contact. No obvious contact, yellow card. Simple.

SanchoMitoma

Feb 13, 2023
1676741305948.png

This really deserved a VAR check.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We were excellent today. On that showing we can definitely still make top 6
Yep - can't believe some on here saying we didn't play well. We battered them. On another day - especially this season with the amount of goals we've scored - we win that comfortably. Just hope the goals don't dry up - some big chances missed today.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can’t see Europe happening because we’re still too easy to frustrate.

That’s not a complaint as such. I’m loving the football and the novelty about not worrying about relegation. It’s just a measure of the difficulty in kicking on to the next level.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
It doesn’t happen occasionally though. How many times have we seen games like this over the last few years? We can’t claim to be unlucky if the keeps happening. We have a problem converting our chances and we make sloppy mistakes at the back at crucial times. Very frustrating.
I suspect you'll find this is exactly what happens every time one of the big clubs loses. They rarely get dominated in a loss!

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Dunk was right in the post match interview, there was 8-10 minutes added time in World Cup matches. Just shows how much wasted time is in a game of football when it’s actually being monitored. It needs to monitored and wasted time needs adding on. Too much play acting/cheating/unsporting behaviour whatever you want to call it-it needs stamping out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ho hum - disappointing, as we played well enough to win, or at least share the points. Sometimes, things just don't go the way that they should.
Too many missed opportunities cost us a lead, and they rarely threatened at all. That's football, and it really won't have any bearing on our chances of Europe, come to the end of the season.
No need for bed-wetting - just one of those days, I'm afraid, and we played well....better than Fulham.
You’re right, and our form in the final third will almost certainly pick up eventually, although it’d be nice to be on the right side of one of these smash-and-grab wins in a PL match for a change. The last time I remember it happening was in the Championship, against Fulham ironically.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Reaction from RDZ on BBC website:

Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi, who received a red card at the final whistle, speaking to BBC Sport: "I told the referee that I lost time in the meeting with his boss this week. Nothing more."

On the result: "We know very well how football can be, we played very well but made mistakes when we had chances to score. I'm happy for the performance.

"We could win and I think we deserved to win but in football it can happen to shoot 21 times against two or maybe three shots and to lose the game.

"But if we speak in the future I prefer to lose one game in this mentality than to win many games not to play well like we did. In the future this type of game will help us progress.

"We shot a lot of times and created many chances to score. If we didn't shoot and didn't create anything there is a problem. But if we play like this I think in the second half the opponent was not very dangerous. We can't do more than a performance like today."

On sharing a hug with Fulham scorer Manor Solomon, who he managed at Shakhtar Donetsk: "He was my player and I love him because we stayed six months. I'm happy for him, but sad for the result. At the end of the game he is my friend."

Shame but I do think we would win most games of that kind so am not too downhearted. Fulham yes they were shithouses but their fans won’t care so not sure we should cry about it. We were just a little bit off it today, misplaced passes, weak shots, no real dash on the wing for once. Ferguson good to see him back but nothing quite went for him and Undav frustrating as ever. These are the type of games you can lose without that real predatory striker. Again am not going to cry about that, we are still great to watch even on these so-so days and I’ll still look forward to the next game this season more than I have for countless years

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On way back from the game. It was very, very Potterish again today, as it was against Palace. Lots of flattering play and chances which looked dangerous. But thinking about it’s hard to remember clear cut chances. It was a stream of half chances and dominating possession.

Their winner was sadly very predictable. They had our number. The time wasting from Leno, breaking momentum from around the 10th minute onwards. It was basically a masterclass in how to kill a game, similar to that which Villa gave us at the Amex earlier this season.

The refereeing was very poor yet again, he failed to get control of the game and game some baffling decisions both for but mostly against us. A clear push in the back of Pervis on the edge of the area was given as a foul to Fulham and I have absolutely no idea what he has seen there.

Sanchez - 6
Veltman - 6
Dunk - 7
Webster - 6
Estupinan - 7
Gross - 4
Caicedo - 8 - MOTM
Mitoma - 5
MacAllister - 6
Ferguson - 7
March - 6

Can’t be arsed with the subs.

Very disappointing result and concerning performance - not that we were dreadful. That is was identical to a Potter home loss in basically every single way. All the evidence suggested we had moved on from that, but today confirmed otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here