Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Fulham *** Official Match Thread ***

SanchoMitoma

Feb 13, 2023
Since RDZ said he couldn’t substitute Mitoma, Mitoma has been bloody awful
If he doesn’t win the game for two games in a row he becomes awful, come on … I’m biased but today he started many good moves : he made the crossfield pass for March’s big chance, he set up Veltman perfectly in the box, should have earned a PK, worked hard from start to finish … March missed a lot of passes too but there isn’t that expectation that he’s gonna do something magical with the ball everytime so he will always like he came off better.

The dribbling was off today but there’s always games like that. Let’s hope the team will rebound.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
1676751212572.png

Fulham physio's heat map...

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
To be honest it’s a pleasure watching this team and the passing. Got the bottle to play out from the back etc. I think Ferguson is the future but we just need that Murray type player( won’t argue on who that is), but please after all the drivvle I’ve watched over the years appreciate what we have. Possible euro place and I fancy us for a cup run. We got jobbed today, we’ve done it to other teams, Swindon play off semis away ? Jeez. Not our day but we can toe to toe with the best, no problem. A team to be proud of.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
We need better decision making in the final third. Mitoma and Estupinan were trying shots from impossibly narrow angles when it would have been better to cross the ball.

We also had the likes of Veltman, Gross and Mac Allister passing the ball when in clear sight of goal and other shots going straight at the keeper.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
Is it poor finishing or bad luck? A short while ago the shots were going in . Lately they have gone wide. With our former forwards they never scored ( or rarely) . This team is more quality. It will come back, this is a mid season barren spell... that happens. Keep the faith!
If we beat Stoke and West Ham, I’d certainly settle for seeing the last few games as being our mid season barren spell.

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
Is it poor finishing or bad luck? A short while ago the shots were going in . Lately they have gone wide. With our former forwards they never scored ( or rarely) . This team is more quality. It will come back, this is a mid season barren spell... that happens. Keep the faith!
It's probably a combination of bad luck and weariness. Arsenal had that little spell where things temporarily turned to crap too. it's a long season and players get tired. When that happens you need luck to go your way as well. They'll come back, hopefully sooner rather than later.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Even during our hot streak, and with our form now on the downturn, I did maintain that we still need striking options in the summer and would’ve liked one ideally in January. The breakthrough of an 18 year old isn’t enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What's the number / email to contact about people keep standing in our seats?
Recently the stewards have stopped checking tickets at the back of North and the group of about 15 youth are starting to take over again. Can see it getting violent, people were pissed off telling them to f*** off but they just all stand there with their arms crossed, not singing, stone island on show trying to look hard. One of them looks like a mini Elton John too ffs

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What's the number / email to contact about people keep standing in our seats?
Recently the stewards have stopped checking tickets at the back of North and the group of about 15 youth are starting to take over again. Can see it getting violent, people were pissed off telling them to f*** off but they just all stand there with their arms crossed, not singing, stone island on show trying to look hard. One of them looks like a mini Elton John too ffs
The bitches are back…

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Since RDZ said he couldn’t substitute Mitoma, Mitoma has been bloody awful
By 'bloody awful' I imagine you meant 'Isn't quite hitting the absolutely unplayable world class level he has been playing at recently'.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Even during our hot streak, and with our form now on the downturn, I did maintain that we still need striking options in the summer and would’ve liked one ideally in January. The breakthrough of an 18 year old isn’t enough.
As we demonstrated to Arsenal over Caicedo, it’s easier said than done to buy an in-demand player in January even when you’ve got the financial clout. And a striker ready to step into a top-half PL team is definitely going to be in-demand.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Should be a proper end to end game today, boths teams will think they can win it.
Should have been. Surprised Silva didn’t come and have a go such is the respect for our performances now.

Shame about the result as I genuinely thought De Zerbi’s tactical nous would outwit a low block, time wasting counter only merchant.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Should have been. Surprised Silva didn’t come and have a go such is the respect for our performances now.

Shame about the result as I genuinely thought De Zerbi’s tactical nous would outwit a low block, time wasting counter only merchant.
I wonder if Fulham’s approach caught RDZ out a bit too, everyone I’ve spoken too expected a much more open game, including a Fulham supporting friend of mine, perhaps RDZ did too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if Fulham’s approach caught RDZ out a bit too, everyone I’ve spoken too expected a much more open game, including a Fulham supporting friend of mine, perhaps RDZ did too.
Me too, I expected a toe to toe open game. I suppose we can take some comfort in the fact that Fulham shat themselves about doing that so reverted to Forest/ Villa tactics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here