Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Everton *** Official Match Thread ***

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Horrific performance today. I see some people defending RDZ but he’s had a mare today. Two players with zero fatigue in Gilmour and Enciso who’ve been on fire get dropped. Buonannote no where near strong enough to play against physical sides like Everton yet. Undav, I’m sorry yes he scored a cheeky goal against a totally useless wolves but he is not a premier league footballer. All that compounded by Mitoma looking like he’s packed up for the season and Gross deciding to give an impression of a tortoise when tracking runners and we’ve seen the end result.
All good points. Think oppo teams and managers have worked out how to stop Mitoma. He went under the radar earlier a bit.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
And the other goals ? I agree we had some poor individual performances and although RDZ made subs he didn’t change our shape or try to make us better defensively at all

2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
No point in pulling that apart. We were just shìt. Really really shìt and and complacent in the first half and EVERYONE was sloppy. Once you're 0-3 down you're always going to get picked off even when you're the better side.

So, I'd rather be dignified and give credit where its due. You can only beat what's in front of you and Everton had a good gameplan and executed it and defended resolutely. Also, unlike some others on here, I thought their fans were exceptional. The loudest weve had this season even more than Grmsby.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Up to the point Welbeck was subbed, I forgot he was even in the team? Where was he?

Also, I don’t think we should do the National Anthem again. Clearly not good for us.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Ultimately also we were also punished for being brave, gung ho. Punished on the counter. It was bound to happen with de Zerbi ball at some point. Nearly happened v Utd - got away with some passages of play and having Caicedo at RB, wouldn’t have been a big surprise.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Credit to Everton who played very well and did a job on us and deserved to win. However I disagree the scoreline was fully justified. First half we were absolutely woeful but we completely dominated the second and if it wasn't for some worldies by Pickford and the woodwork we could have got back into it. They scored two goals totally against the run of play - which obviously can happen if you're chasing the game.

Hopefully we'll see a reaction against Arsenal. There's no way RDZ will put up with anything less. It wouldn't surprise me if we won at the Emirates.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then what can we say? He got today horribly wrong and if he can be praised as highly as he is then he can be examined negatively also. He was woeful today and showed arrogance
What did he do to show arrogance?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
2nd goal, Webster/Mac turn the ball over, Doucore outruns Mac on the counter to be unmarked at the back post, and a top quality finish.

3rd goal, Gross slips and Steele is out of position.

4th goal, March under hits a pass leaving us out of position from a corner. Caicedo slips chasing back, March pulls his hammy chasing back.

5th goal, Gross has the pace of a snail chasing back the through ball to McNeil. McNeil blasts it top bins (Steele possibly could have done better)

All preventable goals, not because of the tactics of RDZ.
I disagree. Welbeck & Undav shouldn’t have started together or even made 45mins. Gilmour should have started to give us more bite in midfield after his last 2 performances where we were getting over run.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I disagree. Welbeck & Undav shouldn’t have started together or even made 45mins. Gilmour should have started to give us more bite in midfield after his last 2 performances where we were getting over run.

So you mean team selection, not tactics?

In that case, I agree. I would have played Enciso over Undav for sure and possibly Gilmour over Buonanotte.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I really don’t care. We just lost a game, that’s all. During a glorious season - even if we lose every remaining game. Which we won’t. Therefore more glory to come, what’s not to like about that? :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bonkers!

Attachments

• IMG_3865.jpeg
    IMG_3865.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 52

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wonder if turning us around did us mentally at the start, they got the early mind games and that helped them get the early goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here