Brighton flag at EDL march on Getty Images

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Gods` sake everyone chill out!! The great Sir Oswald Moseley must be turning in his grave.Those young patriots look like fine sussex stock.Now go and pour yourselves another herbal tea,have another slice of carrot cake and treat yourselves to another look at the latest Amex pics.(While the muslim extremists plot their next terrorist attack!!)

not being rude mate but that is without doubt the least imaginative hackneyed and tediously rehashed post of other peoples points cliches and opinions you are ever likely to read on a debate like this, and believe me we have all tried very hard on ours.

Like I give a thingy really spanish. The fact is DR asked, and for once he and I are being polite to each other which is unusual in itself, and I replied honestly. You may think it's hackneyed, I say it's an honest representation of what I think.

He asked me if they do not really love England then what do they love and genuinely do not know. Because so far as I am concerned many of them do not love England in any way shape or form.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Like I give a thingy really spanish. The fact is DR asked, and for once he and I are being polite to each other which is unusual in itself, and I replied honestly. You may think it's hackneyed, I say it's an honest representation of what I think.

He asked me if they do not really love England then what do they love and genuinely do not know. Because so far as I am concerned many of them do not love England in any way shape or form.

you forgot to mention the hugenots the normans the fact chicken tikka masala is our national dish etc etc etc repeat until everyone has fallen into a very shaky not real or conclusive fact coma from boredom.

so they dont love england as much as you and you would like to debate the finer points of the magna carta with them as if having read up on that puts you at a massive advantage in an Englishness competition.

i think your problem is England is different for everyone. You may find theirs one dimensional and lacking in sophistication but they probably think yours is the snooty side that is famous the world over.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's not quite a handful of extremists unfortunately. I've known and lived amongst many muslims and I know that hatred of Jews is bred into them. The Quran is full of anti-semitic rhetoric - that's fact, not right wing Propoganda! Muslims that aren't anti-semetic either don't believe in the Quran or aren't being entirely honest about their beliefs.

I don't think the EDL should deal with anyone. I'm not an EDL supporter.

If you see the way Isrealies treat the Arabs you could understand it. However I fail to see how support of the EDL would change that issue, it's hardly new is it ? In fact it's rather irrelevent to this thread as it's about the EDL using Brighton's logos and not how Muslims feel about Jews and vice versa.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If you see the way Isrealies treat the Arabs you could understand it.
I agree, but the big question is, what in particular does that have to do with a muslim from karachi, or indeed leeds ? When i see news of indonesian muslims massacring christians in a church etc, it doesnt make me want to go spray a machine gun around the local jakarta palace restaurant .

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I agree, but the big question is, what in particular does that have to do with a muslim from karachi, or indeed leeds ? When i see news of indonesian muslims massacring christians in a church etc, it doesnt make me want to go spray a machine gun around the local jakarta palace restaurant .

Sure but what has that got to do with the EDL using a Brighton badge ?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Sure but what has that got to do with the EDL using a Brighton badge ?

Wasn't exactly the edl was it it was a couple of their followers who also happen to follow Brighton No such thing as bad publicity

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wasn't exactly the edl was it it was a couple of their followers who also happen to follow Brighton No such thing as bad publicity

For the EDL maybe. There certainly is for the Albion.

And who exactly are the EDL if not their 'followers'?

Crawley 'Gull

Oct 3, 2005
Crawley
If you see the way Isrealies treat the Arabs you could understand it. However I fail to see how support of the EDL would change that issue, it's hardly new is it ? In fact it's rather irrelevent to this thread as it's about the EDL using Brighton's logos and not how Muslims feel about Jews and vice versa.

It's not related to the thread title, I was just responding to your comment! The reason why I originally asked the question to DaveinPrague is because I can't understand how anyone (let alone someone with Jewish relatives) can be SO anti-EDL because a few people have been caught making Nazi salutes on their marches and yet say nothing about a religion that commands it's followers to kill those that don't follow it (regardless of the fact that it's only a minority that actually follow its instructions). The Isralie/Arab conflict has nothing to do withit's anti-semitism Ias the Koran was written centuries before this conflict began.

I just can't understand the hysteria behind this picture. I think people outside the club are probably able to grasp the fact that BHAFC are a club with thousands of supporters all with different backgrounds and beliefs. Just because a few EDL supporters have decided to identify themselves as Brighton fans doens't mean that people are going to think that we're affiliated with the EDL!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I just can't understand the hysteria behind this picture. I think people outside the club are probably able to grasp the fact that BHAFC are a club with thousands of supporters all with different backgrounds and beliefs. Just because a few EDL supporters have decided to identify themselves as Brighton fans doens't mean that people are going to think that we're affiliated with the EDL!!

exactly that mate and the saddest most depressing thing of all is plenty of the outraged on this thread know that really, but why let that get in the way of some posturing and bringing your own politics into football, while making hilariously pompous references to the legality of using an image and discussing the tits off that until you actually start to hurt for them.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Blimey !! is this still going on ?

It's about the use of badge in the context of a political march , not about the pro's and cons of the EDL or the UAF .
I have to say , I've been going to watch the Albion for 40 years and have been to numerous gigs were there has always been a mix of punks and skins right up until the UK Subs a few weeks ago in the Hydrant.There were Skinheads in attendence that night and there was a particularlly large one wearing an EDL t shirt who had his nose redirected for still thinking he was somehow harder than people with hair.
My point is , he's not in that picture and do not recognise any of the others. Either from football or punk gigs .So my question is , do they actually come Brighton????
And while we're at it EDL , UAF . BNP , SWP , NF , ANL , RAC , AA and f***ing Judean Peoples Front !!!
Not with our badge and not in our name !!!!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
those shirts you sell do all the clubs get a a share if i buy something then its mine to do as i want with simple Go to the club get them to get the law team on to it Theres f*** all they can do about it They the boys have done fucl all wrong So when you going to go and call them theiving bastards I would mind seeing that well Did the club Ask them not to write anything on the flag or do they sell their flags on the understanding that you cant fly them

When I said you didn't have a clue what you're on about, it wasn't an invitation to carry on proving it. :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008

maybe they just enjoy the camaraderie of it all ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports