Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton deserve to be promoted

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Im not saying it should be an non-contact sport but there was absolutely no need to go in with studs showing at that angle. Ramirez has a lump the size of a turnip and needed 12 stitches. It was a dirty challenge and very much warranted a red card - bias or bitterness is affecting your judgement and from your post I can see you're a very reasonable thinker so I'd imagine over time it will actually be you that sees things differently.

Anyway maybe the other lads is right and I should back off for a bit.

Good luck in the play offs - you do indeed deserve promotion.

You're a braindead moron

He needed stitches because he's a retard who didn't wear appropriate shin protection then kicked our players boot after he was too slow to get anywhere near the ball. Enjoy your promotion but **** off

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How is having a different opinion to someone flaming? I'm not giving it the big one or saying how 'superior' we are etc I am saying that the tackle was awful and that Calderwood is a disgrace.

It wasn't even a tackle. Tackles happen when a player has the ball - Ramirez didn't have the ball. The ball was in the air to be won which Stephens did. Ramirez was so slow to react, his attempt to kick the ball resulted in him shinning the bottom of Stephens' boot. Doing so with teeny-tiny shin pads and hitting a modern bladed boot caused what was clearly an ugly injury.

If this was the other way round, you would be saying exactly the same. You'll say you wouldn't, you may even believe you wouldn't, but you would.

I could post 20 or 30 comments now from non-Albion fans who are saying it wasn't a red. Some saying it wasn't a yellow. Many saying it wasn't even a foul. It's not going to help or prove anything so I'm not going to bother.

If that was a red card then we should be seeing them now every time 2 players contest a high ball and a clash of heads results in someone getting cut. Because that is the same as what happened here. A bad injury does not automatically equate to a red card.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
How is having a different opinion to someone flaming? I'm not giving it the big one or saying how 'superior' we are etc I am saying that the tackle was awful and that Calderwood is a disgrace.

Even though the other poster is having a little breakdown and swearing and insulting me and you're trying to get me banned because I disagree with you, I still like this board. So that's why I'm posting.

Ok then, so why does the footage show Stephens getting the ball, why even though Dean thought it was a "foul" (footage proves different) had he only the yellow card in his hand until Gaston knocked it out.
Calderwood acted not very sportingly, the same as your players surrounding the ref, your ball boys going awol for the last quarter, the tit in your management team that tried to keep hold of the ball, and what comments Krankie may have made to officials or our staff in the match..... i would state glass houses when stating "disgrace".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Im not saying it should be an non-contact sport but there was absolutely no need to go in with studs showing at that angle. Ramirez has a lump the size of a turnip and needed 12 stitches. It was a dirty challenge and very much warranted a red card - bias or bitterness is affecting your judgement and from your post I can see you're a very reasonable thinker so I'd imagine over time it will actually be you that sees things differently.

And for your information, right now on Goals on Sunday, Kami, Steve Walsh and Teddy Sheringham have all agreed it wasn't even a booking. They are all ex pro's that have watched it a fair few times in super slow mo. Are they wrong too?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Well you are wrong on both counts. There was no tackle, your player kicked ours with his shin. His own fault he had insufficient protection.

As to Calderwood perhaps you need to be looking a bit closer to home to the old cvnt who tried to grab the ball to time waste. Hopefully he will be fined himself.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Think we'll have to disagree on this one. [emoji2]. The level of injury is completely irrelevant. If I'm being very pedantic, I always thought striking an official was a straight red, after all Ramirez did knock the yellow out of his hand [emoji6].

Good luck in the prem, I thought the atmosphere was great and both sets of supporters were excellent.

Thought celeb's shouting 'come on Boro at h/t' was a bit corny though, thank goodness Jack Charlton didn't (legend).

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
image.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Going back to the original post: Brighton don't deserve to be promoted.

However, we did deserve to be given a fair crack at it yesterday, and that was denied us.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
A picture is worth a thousand words (see above) - what's to discuss???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes, like Ramirez, a consummate professional.

Look, well done on promotion and all, but we all know Brighton were cheated.

We weren't cheated.

Look up what it means in the dictionary and stop feeling sorry for yourself.

No issue with Boro, we played well for 45 minutes yesterday but it wasn't enough.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A picture is worth a thousand words (see above) - what's to discuss???

I'm sure the FA will see it as a life threatening piece of thuggery ala Joey Barton at the appeal and give him six more games on top of his ban. Whilst quaffing on their brandy and patting each other on the backs for another great stitch up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We weren't cheated.

No issue with Boro, we played well for 45 minutes yesterday but it wasn't enough.

Agreed, no cheating from the official whatsoever, just a bloody awful decision.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We weren't cheated.

Disagree, respectfully.

We were cheated of our opportunity to have a full crack at it by Mike Dean.

Note: I'm neither calling Dean nor Middlesborough cheats, but we were cheated. And I know what the word means.

Apr 5, 2016
I've posted on this forum since December - admittedly more in the build up to this game. I like this board. That being said, I am perfectly entitled to comment on nonsense being written on here about you being cheated because it's simply not true. There is also no baiting going on - I've sent you good luck messages on several occasions - even gave advice on car parking but because I support a different club and have a differing opinion I'm baiting?

It is laughable and embarrassing that posters on here call for the moderators as soon as an opposition fan disagrees with them.

For what it's worth, I hope The red card is recinded for two reasons. One, it would be the right decision and two, I wouldn't want him missing Burnley's opening game in the Prem.

I'm amazed how easily we did it in the end, I thought we would all be 90 points plus.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Top day all in all, spent all day with boro fans buying us drinks until our train back at 7pm!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There is a difference between claiming the opposition are cheats and feeling cheated (in this case by an awful refereeing decision).

I genuinely felt that had we still 11 on the pitch, we would have gone on to win. Having that taken away from us 3 minutes later because dean looked at the injury and changed his mind was absolutely gutting.

All these well-wishers, who under normal circumstances would be well received, do not seem to fathom how raw this still is. Most boro fans I spoke to were relieved and thankful it happened the way it did even though they also agreed it was a wrong decision. They're up, they don't care anymore and have the luxury of admitting this.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Im a Boro supporter, so obviously I'm pleased at the outcome. I think Boro were the better team on the day, but I've watched Brighton a few times, and they can be awesome. They play great attacking stuff. Good luck in the play-offs. The players just need to keep calm.

Thanks but "Boro being better" is not strictly true because in actual fact you didn't win. On another day a draw would have been a great result for us considering we went down to 10 men. We were poor in the first half and good in the second. Shame it didn't finish 11 v 11 because we always finish strong.

The real difference was your 0-3 win over us when we were at our weakest point of the season due to injuries.

Taking my Brighton hat off though, yesterday's game was a good advert for football, and the wrongly given red just added to the drama. Hopefully we can right the wrong and will be joining you.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
It is laughable and embarrassing that posters on here call for the moderators as soon as an opposition fan disagrees with them.

For what it's worth, I hope The red card is recinded for two reasons. One, it would be the right decision and two, I wouldn't want him missing Burnley's opening game in the Prem.

I'm amazed how easily we did it in the end, I thought we would all be 90 points plus.

I'm amazed you've managed over 100 posts on an opposition team's forum and are still acting like a ****.

It's laughable and embarrassing how someone who supports Burnley can be pleased with what they watch every week. I'd rather be dead than watch the disgusting excuse for football your team plays. Congrats on your promotion but you are more than welcome to **** off elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here