Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton deserve to be promoted

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Boro haven't had it all easy either. They had a winning goal disallowed at Birmingham, when it clearly shouldn't have been. It's the nature of the game, I'm afraid.

Good luck in the prem you deserve to be there and most of your fans are a good bunch. Your chairman is a gent and a fan like ours.

Promotion is over 46 games, not one. We have both had good luck and bad this season, highs & lows. We came up a little short.

It's how you respond when things don't go your way ard our season is not over. We now need to concentrate on beating the Wendys (who don't deserve to be in the poem) so let's focus on that and back up off the floor.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Alright. Don't get eggy, or I'll leave! I came on here to wish Brighton good luck, not to get involved in arguments.

Just **** off. Your players and staff are a bunch of cheating *****, and there's no way that Boro's income is sufficient for you to have not beached FFP regs with the money that they've spent this year. Is that enough for you to piss off?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think most of us are feeling thoroughly pissed off due to the inconsistency of the refereeing in this division. I'm sure you've got a lot of instances of that inconsistency as well.

Let's take yesterday for instance and two that Dale Stephens was involved in.

Early in the first half he made an excellent, ball winning tackle that somehow was given as a free kick.
Then the red card. Again, a ball winning tackle that did unfortunately catch the player. At worst that is a yellow card.

Now, casting back to that relentless jizz-gargler Joey Barton and his stamp on Kayal that got nothing.

Bad referee calls are part of the game but when a call is as bad as yesterdays, and in a game as big as yesterdays, you can see why we're feeling "cheated".

I like Boro, I do, but right now it feels unbelievably unfair that we've probably lost one of our best players for the playoffs and we've missed out on goal difference. Not points. Goal difference. But good luck. Do me a personal favour and see what you can do about Joey Barton next season.

svewa54

Banned
May 7, 2016
Thanks KZN. I think someone should have a word with NWGull. No more from me. Good luck.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Congratulations to Boro. We just missed out because over 46 games we didn't score enough goals not one silly ref yesterday. We didn't kill off enough teams and hung on for the 1 goal lead in to many games. Fair play though we're level on points and stand a good chance in the playoffs. At least the championship is a league for real fans and not glory hunting fools who don't have the character or patience to support their local team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Do we have an issue with discipline on the pitch? Dunk, Stephens, ( and whatever the rights and wrings of the yellow/red card, he had just had a bust-up with Gaston....). one or two others yesterday were close to losing it.. Might be worth Mr H having a word with the squad.

Stephens won the ball. He didn't go in to hurt the fella. There was a lot riding on the game and players give their all to get a result. Ridiculous to suggest we are not disciplined, especially Stephens.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Alright. Don't get eggy, or I'll leave! I came on here to wish Brighton good luck, not to get involved in arguments.

Listen, congratulations and all that. Nothing personal. A lot of grievance here at the moment, that's all. We've been utterly stitched by a couple of PL refs in the past couple of weeks and the feeling pervades that they favour players they know or know about. Barton could have been booked 3 times (including a straight red) when we were all over Burnley and leading but instead had a running cosy chat with Pawson, and they equalise in stoppage time which would have been highly unlikely after half an hour with ten men. And then yesterday's shocker for Stephens (who's never been sent off in well over 200 previous league appearances) where Dean is persuaded to produce red because he's taken a judgement on your flair player's importance, leaving us needing to score in half an hour with ten men - equally highly unlikely.

I've seen us lose to Derby and Palace (!) in the play-offs in the past few seasons and pretty much shrugged that off immediately because we were beaten fair and square. Yesterday we weren't, largely through no fault of Boro's bearing in mind all footballers pressure the ref these days. This one I'm afraid is right up there with Norman Whiteside crippling Chris Ramsey in the Cup Final before they equalised. The only other decision that rankles as much..

But good luck next season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Just **** off. Your players and staff are a bunch of cheating *****, and there's no way that Boro's income is sufficient for you to have not beached FFP regs with the money that they've spent this year. Is that enough for you to piss off?

Alright fella rein it in that's embarrassing. The fella was genuinely coming on to wish us luck in the play offs. Unnecessary response.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i cant be upset at Middlesbrough, or their sensible fans as this poster. they've played good football, beat us soundly back in December (albeit our B team) and got on with their promotion as we would have. Even Rameriz did what any player would do, although a sneaky diver, in this incident he'd inflicted a fairly nasty wound.

no, we were let down by a ref who bottled a decision in front of a noisy home crowd. my ire is focused at him. and Burnley for playing shit football.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You sir are a bit of an a'hole. Coming over this bitter is just an embarrassment on yourself. I wish you well and hope when you grow up you'll have a more mature outlook.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The result wasn't down to just one incident. You could see that Stephens was getting heated before the sending-off. As I said, Brighton just need to keep calm and they should make it through the play-offs.

Not quite as heated as Gaston against Birmingham? But let's agree that was not a 'heated' tackle
However I do have respect for Gibson and all the best

levraiclaret

May 7, 2016
Leicester
i cant be upset at Middlesbrough, or their sensible fans as this poster. they've played good football, beat us soundly back in December (albeit our B team) and got on with their promotion as we would have. Even Rameriz did what any player would do, although a sneaky diver, in this incident he'd inflicted a fairly nasty wound.

no, we were let down by a ref who bottled a decision in front of a noisy home crowd. my ire is focused at him. and Burnley for playing shit football.

Sorry we would have played a more attractive style if we had managed to sign Judge in January but the Ings compensation wasn't settled until the end of last month.

Good luck in the play offs - one of the three best teams so go on and make it count, the Stephens red should be overturned on appeal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You sir are a bit of an a'hole. Coming over this bitter is just an embarrassment on yourself. I wish you well and hope when you grow up you'll have a more mature outlook.
Can you not tell a tongue in cheek post? The last line of my pay was the clue in my post; although it was subtle, I'll grant you, but either way, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist and get all menstrual about it. Besides the constant Boro 'good luck' messages since 3pm yesterday are a bit tiresome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here