Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton deserve to be promoted

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can you not tell a tongue in cheek post? The last line of my pay was the clue in my post; although it was subtle, I'll grant you, but either way, there's no need to get your knickers in a twist and get all menstrual about it. Besides the constant Boro 'good luck' messages since 3pm yesterday are a bit tiresome.

Ahhh yes.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Ahhh yes.
I should re-read what I post in future - sometimes it doesn't read as I intend!

I will admit that last night's anger was genuine though, mainly down to the abuse we got all the way from the Riverside to the station. I couldn't accept any good luck message as genuine after that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I should re-read what I post in future - sometimes it doesn't read as I intend!

I will admit that last night's anger was genuine though, mainly down to the abuse we got all the way from the Riverside to the station. I couldn't accept any good luck message as genuine after that.

I didn't look at date/time you posted, but I didn't go near the internet from 12:30pm yesterday until 10:30am this morning, gives you time to clear the head and see the world a little less biased. Still gutted, as we all are, but the anger, for want of a better word, has waned.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I didn't look at date/time you posted, but I didn't go near the internet from 12:30pm yesterday until 10:30am this morning, gives you time to clear the head and see the world a little less biased. Still gutted, as we all are, but the anger, for want of a better word, has waned.
I would/should have avoided NSC, but sitting on a train for a few hours gives you little else to do!

PS the post you responded to was this morning - that was the too subtle tongue in cheek one. I feel much better now - it's amazing what a good night's sleep, gym workout and a sunny day can do for you.

Dec 6, 2015
That tackle was awful. I like you lot and all but defending that tackle is complete nonsense and saying you were cheated is laughable and quite frankly embarrassing. Stephen was targeting Ramirez all game and a minute prior to the incident he was pushing him all over and the ref came over and spoke to them both. At his first opportunity Stephens went in stoods showing with the intent of hurting Ramirez.

Colin Calderwood is also an absolute disgrace.

You need to move on though, if the players cling on to this bitterness as a lot of you appear to be doing (giving me abuse for wishing you luck etc) then you'll get tortured in the play offs. Move on, make the Amex a fortress of noise and positivity. I'm in full support of you and believe you will do it you just cut all the nonsense and move on.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
No. I think cheated is a bit strong. They didn't really play that well on the day. And you could see some of the players were losing it a bit. Boro had several chances in the first half, and should have had the match won by half-time. But it is true that the Boro supporters were "bricking it" at the end. That's coz they recognise how good Brighton are. As I said, good luck in the play-offs. If they don't go up, it'll be a travesty. Great manager, great players, and fantastic supporters.

No, cheated is the apt term. We had the upper hand having just equalised and your players/fans were nervous as anything. Had we not been cheated by one of the best players in the division having been sent off for being better than your shitheap of a player, we would have gone on to won. So yes, we were cheated.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
That tackle was awful. I like you lot and all but defending that tackle is complete nonsense and saying you were cheated is laughable and quite frankly embarrassing. Stephen was targeting Ramirez all game and a minute prior to the incident he was pushing him all over and the ref came over and spoke to them both. At his first opportunity Stephens went in stoods showing with the intent of hurting Ramirez.

You need to move on though, if the players cling on to this bitterness as a lot of you appear to be doing (giving me abuse for wishing you luck etc) then you'll get tortured in the play offs. Move on, make the Amex a fortress of noise and positivity. I'm in full support of you and believe you will do it you just cut all the nonsense and move on.

Get to duck you ignorant ********.

'That tackle was awful'

You mean when Ramirez slammed his poorly-protected shin into the blades of our superior midfielder who was too fast for your twit of a player?

'went in with the intent of hurting Ramirez'

No, duck off. Eyes for the ball, got only the ball, and was fouled by your player.

'Colin Calderwood is a disgrace'

Because your manager and his assistants were icons of sportsmanship

**** off you ****.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Seriously I am not going to answer your post content, flaming us after yesterday on NSC is a little too pompous for my liking. What I will say is, remember what happened to you just under a year ago, would you, on your own forum, have been happy to see a similar post to yours from a Norwich supporter? Literally baiting? Enjoy your success and stop writing on here purely to anger Brighton fans. The only loser in this particular case, is you my friend.

Dec 6, 2015
Get to duck you ignorant ********.

'That tackle was awful'

You mean when Ramirez slammed his poorly-protected shin into the blades of our superior midfielder who was too fast for your twit of a player?

'went in with the intent of hurting Ramirez'

No, duck off. Eyes for the ball, got only the ball, and was fouled by your player.

'Colin Calderwood is a disgrace'

Because your manager and his assistants were icons of sportsmanship

**** off you ****.

Superior player? Lol. Stephens is a good player but Ramirez is a seasoned international, far too good for this league - you're making a fool of yourself.

You don't fly in at that angle with your studs showing without intending to hurt someone and anyone that has played football at any reasonable sort of level would tell you that.

What did Karanka do that was so wrong? Our goalkeeping coach went to grab the ball from the technical area which I agree was out of order but our assistant manager Steve Agnew actually wrestled him off the ball and told him to calm down. What Calderwood did was disgraceful and I hope the FA come down hard on him.

Cheated. Pffffft. Give your head a wobble pal.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Superior player? Lol. Stephens is a good player but Ramirez is a seasoned international, far too good for this league - you're making a fool of yourself.

You don't fly in at that angle with your studs showing without intending to hurt someone and anyone that has played football at any reasonable sort of level would tell you that.

What did Karanka do that was so wrong? Our goalkeeping coach went to grab the ball from the technical area which I agree was out of order but our assistant manager Steve Agnew actually wrestled him off the ball and told him to calm down. What Calderwood did was disgraceful and I hope the FA come down hard on him.

Clueless.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

You've just proved from this that you are here to flame.

Ban? [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

Dec 6, 2015
Seriously I am not going to answer your post content, flaming us after yesterday on NSC is a little too pompous for my liking. What I will say is, remember what happened to you just under a year ago, would you, on your own forum, have been happy to see a similar post to yours from a Norwich supporter? Literally baiting? Enjoy your success and stop writing on here purely to anger Brighton fans. The only loser in this particular case, is you my friend.

I've posted on this forum since December - admittedly more in the build up to this game. I like this board. That being said, I am perfectly entitled to comment on nonsense being written on here about you being cheated because it's simply not true. There is also no baiting going on - I've sent you good luck messages on several occasions - even gave advice on car parking but because I support a different club and have a differing opinion I'm baiting?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

From the evidence Stephens dominated Ramirez.

>fly in at that angle

You mean towards the ball, nowhere near Ramirez, and he wouldn't have touched Ramirez had Ramirez not slammed his leg into the boot of Stephens?

Yeah, and I hope you come straight back down next season.

Yes we were cheated you ****ing ********.

Just because the decision benefited you doesn't mean it was the right decision you clueless twit. I know Boron have the god given entitled right to be in the Prem because you spent a lot of money to do so, but have some class and admit you were handed a gift when Stephens was sent off for being a better player than 'seasoned international (too shit for Hull and Southampton)' Gaston Ramirez.

Duck off back North you braindead pillock

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've posted on this forum since December - admittedly more in the build up to this game. I like this board. That being said, I am perfectly entitled to comment on nonsense being written on here about you being cheated because it's simply not true. There is also no baiting going on - I've sent you good luck messages on several occasions - even gave advice on car parking but because I support a different club and have a differing opinion I'm baiting?

Personally I'd suspend you from this forum until you have grown up a little. Opinions yes, flaming us no. Why are you here? Why are you not celebrating with your lot? Why don't you just click 'log out' and go and tell all your pals how well you are winding up Brighton fans? Let's face it, kicking the opposition club when they're down is a really cool thing to do bro.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of objective truth, and the objective truth is that Dale Stephens did not even commit a foul, let alone a red card offence. We were cheated by an unjust refereeing decision that cost us that match and potentially the Play offs. Duck off and celebrate your promotion, your dullard nonsense isn't particularly welcome after we were cheated out of £170 million

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Blimey, looking to turn football into a non-contact sport. I fail to see how there could possibly be any malice as Stephens clearly won the ball, and Ramirez followed through, if Ramirez even had the ball under control you might have a point, but he didn't so you haven't.

However, despite all of that even with 11 there is no guarantee we would have scored against a very strong defence.

Well done, the table doesn't lie, but I'm sure if you pause, you'll understand why we are more than a little hacked off with Mike Dean.

As for the altercation at the end, something and nothing for me, passions running high by both coaching teams.

Dec 6, 2015
Personally I'd suspend you from this forum until you have grown up a little. Opinions yes, flaming us no. Why are you here? Why are you not celebrating with your lot? Why don't you just click 'log out' and go and tell all your pals how well you are winding up Brighton fans? Let's face it, kicking the opposition club when they're down is a really cool thing to do bro.

How is having a different opinion to someone flaming? I'm not giving it the big one or saying how 'superior' we are etc I am saying that the tackle was awful and that Calderwood is a disgrace.

Even though the other poster is having a little breakdown and swearing and insulting me and you're trying to get me banned because I disagree with you, I still like this board. So that's why I'm posting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
How is having a different opinion to someone flaming? I'm not giving it the big one or saying how 'superior' we are etc I am saying that the tackle was awful and that Calderwood is a disgrace.

Even though the other poster is having a little breakdown and swearing and insulting me and you're trying to get me banned because I disagree with you, I still like this board. So that's why I'm posting.

No, you don't actually read what I say do you? Yes, absolutely you are flaming a situation, yes I personally would keep you forcibly away from this forum until you find some decorum.

But just to re-iterate;
Why don't you just click 'log out' and go and tell all your pals how well you are winding up Brighton fans? Let's face it, kicking the opposition club when they're down is a really cool thing to do bro.

Dec 6, 2015
Blimey, looking to turn football into a non-contact sport. I fail to see how there could possibly be any malice as Stephens clearly won the ball, and Ramirez followed through, if Ramirez even had the ball under control you might have a point, but he didn't so you haven't.

However, despite all of that even with 11 there is no guarantee we would have scored against a very strong defence.

Well done, the table doesn't lie, but I'm sure if you pause, you'll understand why we are more than a little hacked off with Mike Dean.

As for the altercation at the end, something and nothing for me, passions running high by both coaching teams.

Im not saying it should be an non-contact sport but there was absolutely no need to go in with studs showing at that angle. Ramirez has a lump the size of a turnip and needed 12 stitches. It was a dirty challenge and very much warranted a red card - bias or bitterness is affecting your judgement and from your post I can see you're a very reasonable thinker so I'd imagine over time it will actually be you that sees things differently.

Anyway maybe the other lads is right and I should back off for a bit.

Good luck in the play offs - you do indeed deserve promotion.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

What you call a 'breakdown' I call being rightfully pissed off by a deluded Middlesbrough fan coming on and calling us all a bit pathetic for being upset at a clearly wrong decision for a good tackle costing us promotion. It's not an opinion, you're being a contrarian prat because the decision benefitted you and are refusing to accept that you had a huge slice of luck that allowed you to get promoted.

Duck off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here