Bridcutt to Derby

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was only quality in his 50 yard area in a typical poyet defensive system that often saw 7 players defending .He's a very limited player to be frank although he'll do o.k if that's what Derby want from him.
Maybe his best couple of years have been and gone???

Derby like to attack so bridcutt may well be exposed:wink:

That may be but we have never adequately replaced him.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think he is going forward but not a parch on him defending and nor is anybody else we have.
Think you'll find that under poyet it was all about defending and we're slowly getting out of that system and to be fair our defence was far better man to man a season or so ago as the likes of Greer and Bruno etc have got worse even though we have conceded very few.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think you'll find that under poyet it was all about defending and we're slowly getting out of that system and to be fair our defence was far better man to man a season or so ago as the likes of Greer and Bruno etc have got worse even though we have conceded very few.

Time and tide wait for no man so age is catching up with them. As they get older they have to rely on being in the right place at the right time as Upson and Bridge showed.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
If spending that money made us more solid and allowed Kayal, Stephens etc to get forward and perhaps get 20 goals between them from midfield then the problem would be partially solved. I do however agree that strikers and left back are a more urgent need.but we are all hoping for a major overhaul and perhaps 5 or 6 incoming players.

But neither are goal scoring midfielders. Kayal has 9 career goals and Stephens 14 in 6 championship seasons. Both are all round midfielders. Bring in Bridcutt you could potentially dispense with both of them and play 2 more attack minded midfielders as Bridcutt won t wander at all but I would personally invest in an attacking midfielder. We need goals. Most alarming stat I saw last year was when we played Bournemouth at home they had 6 players on the pitch that had scored more that our top scorer who is also out CB. That's appalling.
Personally I feel 5 new players for the starting 11 is a must and DM is not 1 of them. A goal scoring AM along with 2 new attack minded wingers and a goal scorer are priorities with a LB.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would personally invest in an attacking midfielder. We need goals. Most alarming stat I saw last year was when we played Bournemouth at home they had 6 players on the pitch that had scored more that our top scorer who is also out CB. That's appalling.
Personally I feel 5 new players for the starting 11 is a must and DM is not 1 of them. A goal scoring AM along with 2 new attack minded wingers and a goal scorer are priorities with a LB.

I dont think anyone can argue with that.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It makes me laugh when fans expect players or managers to be loyal. Only fans are loyal. To all others, it's a job.

he was being paid to do that job and chose not to, but you are right it is only the fans that stay loyal through thick and thin

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Bridcutt was fantastic at doing the specific job that Poyet moulded him to do... at Brighton. However that has made him incredibly one dimensional as a player, and he couldn't cut it in the Premier League.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bridcutt in a Brighton shirt was truly a fantastic player. What happened after he left us doesn't matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports