Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt to Derby

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
He was a magnificent player for the Albion. But I'd always had doubts over his Premier League pedigree. He played a very specific role better than anyone in the Championship. His ability to break up opposition attacks and support the back four was exemplary.

But.....unless he really was a world class operator in that role, or if a particular system absolutely required it, then he'd need versatility and far better ball distribution to hold down a Premier League place. One of those players a cut above the Championship - but also a cut below the Premier League....

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think he would be if we didn't have cover in that position already. In CM we have Ince, Stephens, Holla, Kayal, JFC, Crofts...plus Bruno at a stretch (though it's not ideal) - that's 6 players for 2 or 3 positions. I think one would have to leave for another to come in there.

For sure we would have to lose one or two. Personally i would rather sacrifice any of Holla, JFC and Crofts for Bridcutt.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hence 2 seasons with little investment but now signing players for 3 years TB & CH are begining the cycle again

There's no evidence in the accounts, public statements, news reports to back up the repeated suggestion that as soon as Gus left ; Tony Bloom stopped funding the club.
Unless you have some.
All evidence shows in fact the reverse. Bloom has invested heavily in the last two years, the budget is, according to the club, increasing and continues to do so. Whether thats resulted in a better quality team or of course a higher position in the league is obvious.
It didn't.
But then its too simple to say the two are related. The players don't look as good and the we're losing lots of games ergo; ie: it must be costing us less. Sadly not the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here