Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your chlorinated chicken leader certainly is getting a basting :jester:

So which are you backing today, the 'good deal' lie or the 'no deal' lie ?

It's just that you've always claimed 'no deal' was a negotiating position to get you your 'good deal'. But since you now understand that you have no idea what a 'good deal' looks like, and while Johnson seems incapable of actually outlining a proposal to put to the EU to begin negotiations on his 'good deal', it must be a fairly confusing time for you :lolol:

Decided which it is today ?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Johnson getting a right good kicking at PMQ's. He really is hopeless when put under any sort of pressure.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not often you see the Prime Minister called a racist. The Blonde Buffoon is sunk, this is an embarrassing display so far.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson getting a right good kicking at PMQ's. He really is hopeless when put under any sort of pressure.

Really can't recall a worse PMQ, no preparation, no detail, just meaningless soundbites, out of his depth....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't believe it's really the oppositions job to oppose everything the government propose, at the detriment of the country. Surely their job is to challenge the government, make sure they don't do anything stupid (like now), and hold them to account.

If they just always oppose everything, we'll never pass any legislation when there's a small majority.

Hence why Supermajorities are required in most big decisions like this.

I actually agree with you, my point was that putting more blame on Remainers than Brexiteers for voting against Brexit when BOTH sets did so is ludicrous.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

“The Leader of the Commons apologised to fellow Tories for sprawling on a bench, slipping out of consciousness and vomiting into a sterling silver bucket during a crucial vote, confessing that he had packed his pipe too tightly.

He continued: “I’d taken a tincture of pharmaceutical cocaine before my speech, to give me the eloquence of Cicero, so I prepared a pipe of the poppy to calm my spirits afterwards.

“Unfortunately the sly Chinaman who brings my medicine up the Thames by junk failed to warn me of its unusual strength, and I found myself quite overcome.

“As a gentleman does I reclined and allowed the terrible visions – snakes, sodomites, a Conservative MP crossing the floor entirely because of me – to writhe and twist before my repose.

“I am now perfectly recovered. Tell me, how did last night’s vote transpire? I trust my dark imagining of a loss by 27 votes was naught but an opium dream “ ?

Jan 30, 2008
Not weird just selfish.

Jacob Rees Mogg is their standard bearer. Already personally better off by millions thanks to a Brexit referendum win he fought for. He charges the investment firm he is a 15% owner of £500 per hour for his services. “It is easy to see” why Jacob “so loves Brexit, and the chaos and disorder, and opportunities for disaster capitalism and super-elitism, that it may provide.”

So they are either rich and will be better off with no deal especially relative to everyone else.

The other selfish ones are those that have very little. They believe others will lose more than them making them relatively better off.

Anyone who thinks of the country, the population as a whole or their kids' future obviously runs a mile from wanting no deal.

Or Can't accept the referendum result and are happy to see us going around in circles getting no where LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
regards
DF

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Dear old Ken is hardly representative of the ignore the people remain alliance .... someone who is - Dominic Grieve voted against the Brexit deal 3 times and voted against no-deal.

Of course, it's about leave or remain but it doesn't suit remains narrative to admit that. The 'It's only about leaving with the right sort of deal ' line blah blah while conveniently never agreeing what that deal should be and then attempting to take no-deal off the table ... surprise surprise we can't/don't leave.

The point is, is that you are intentionally throwing anyone who voted against no deal as being remainer.

We are now onto the next deception tactic now that the word "scaremongering" has lost all meaning I see.

Anti no-dealers are not anti-brexiters. See the poll confirming 1 third of Tory voters would desert them in the event of no deal for proof of this.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The point is, is that you are intentionally throwing anyone who voted against no deal as being remainer.

We are now onto the next deception tactic now that the word "scaremongering" has lost all meaning I see.

Anti no-dealers are not anti-brexiters. See the poll confirming 1 third of Tory voters would desert them in the event of no deal for proof of this.

Indeed. In fact I'm sure there are some people who would favour no deal that would still be against the proroguing of parliament. I went to the protest on Saturday purely with regard to that issue (having not been to any before).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am not a Labour supporter, but I will dispute their only goal is about remaining. Corbyn wants to get out of Europe as a much as he ever did, but wants to go out with a proper deal.

You're spot on.

Why do Remain Labour voters (including on NSC) always deny that Corbyn, McDonnell and McCluskey are career anti- EU?

To state their reasons, yet again:
1. It's a club favouring big business and the wealthy.
2. Freedom of movement leads to a race to the bottom in the UK on wages and greater working hours, as new entrants from poorer EU nations will accept less.
2. That successive Labour governments gave us the vast majority of our employment rights, NOT THE EU.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You're spot on.

Why do Remain Labour voters (including on NSC) always deny that Corbyn, McDonnell and McCluskey are career anti- EU?

To state their reasons, yet again:
1. It's a club favouring big business and the wealthy.
2. Freedom of movement leads to a race to the bottom in the UK on wages and greater working hours, as new entrants from poorer EU nations will accept less.
2. That successive Labour governments gave us the vast majority of our employment rights, NOT THE EU.

No I agree, but right now they're giving us our best chance of remaining in the eu so are worthy of support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here