Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
6 years of liars and charlatans summarised in 3 minutes by Led by Donkeys

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1554726640864870400

Top work guys....

Sure, but there are political ups and downs here, and then there’s the EU……..

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...urmoil-headache-europes-central-bank-87115885

“So along with the rate increase, ECB President Christine Lagarde is expected to announce a financial backstop aimed at capping borrowing costs for governments and companies in eurozone countries that are less financially solid than the others.

It’s a hassle unique to the ECB because it oversees 19 countries that are in different financial shape but use one currency, which has plunged to its lowest level against the dollar in 20 years.

“The Fed and the Bank of England don’t have this problem,” said Maria Demertzis, interim director of the Bruegel think tank in Brussels. “The borrowing costs for each country when they issue debt is different, because the underlying outlook is different.”

Great idea wasn’t it……..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sure, but there are political ups and downs here, and then there’s the EU……..

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wir...urmoil-headache-europes-central-bank-87115885

“So along with the rate increase, ECB President Christine Lagarde is expected to announce a financial backstop aimed at capping borrowing costs for governments and companies in eurozone countries that are less financially solid than the others.

It’s a hassle unique to the ECB because it oversees 19 countries that are in different financial shape but use one currency, which has plunged to its lowest level against the dollar in 20 years.

“The Fed and the Bank of England don’t have this problem,” said Maria Demertzis, interim director of the Bruegel think tank in Brussels. “The borrowing costs for each country when they issue debt is different, because the underlying outlook is different.”

Great idea wasn’t it……..

Interesting story about an EU member in the Eurozone which the UK was never in.

Maybe, you meant to post this somewhere else

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Surely you're not suggesting whataboutism on whataboutism because that would be really desperate :wink:

Maybe I'm a little unusual, but if I had done something really stupid, I wouldn't keep returning to the scene of the crime continually shouting 'CAN YOU SEE HOW STUPID I'VE BEEN ?' at everyone on a regular basis :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The architects of Brexit were immoral. Those that continue to support it or claim it to be a success are a disgrace.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Nope merely highlighting macro EU matters beyond a queue at Dover………

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...icated-by-lack-fuel-sharing-deals-2022-07-29/

One EU diplomat said it was ultimately in countries' own interests to help one another, since an economic crisis or a gas shortage in one - particularly in Germany - would ripple around the bloc. "If Germany falls, every one of us will fall with Germany," the diplomat said.

What a club……how do we get in to that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nope merely highlighting macro EU matters beyond a queue at Dover………

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...icated-by-lack-fuel-sharing-deals-2022-07-29/

One EU diplomat said it was ultimately in countries' own interests to help one another, since an economic crisis or a gas shortage in one - particularly in Germany - would ripple around the bloc. "If Germany falls, every one of us will fall with Germany," the diplomat said.

What a club……how do we get in to that?

And back on the subject of the thread, we all know how pleased you are with the referendum result and the consequent Johnson Cabal, raging inflation and recession, you don't have to keep on repeating it :rolleyes:

Maybe the working classes that you claimed would benefit from this can use that Sovereignty to pay for their food and heating this winter :dunce:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And back on the subject of the thread, we all know how pleased you are with the referendum result and the consequent Johnson Cabal, raging inflation and recession, you don't have to keep on repeating it :rolleyes:

Maybe the working classes that you claimed would benefit from this can use that Sovereignty to pay for their food and heating this winter :dunce:

I wouldn’t worry too much.

They’ve all moved to Portugal.:thumbsup:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

I’m not sure who you are most concerned about, the petit bourgeoise that holiday in France and Europe via Dover, or the proletariat who have been royally f*cked over for years in the EU that had the good sense to spend their summer in friendly places like the Algarve.

As for cost of living, “standing with Ukraine is expensive” and as per normal the high minded high horse brigade are leading the charge, and that will have its effect whether or not we are inside or outside the EU.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m not sure who you are most concerned about, the petit bourgeoise that holiday in France and Europe via Dover, or the proletariat who have been royally f*cked over for years in the EU that had the good sense to spend their summer in friendly places like the Algarve.

As for cost of living, “standing with Ukraine is expensive” and as per normal the high minded high horse brigade are leading the charge, and that will have its effect whether or not we are inside or outside the EU.

Are you trying to say that your campaigning and voting for Farage and Johnson's Brexit was for purely selfish reasons and yet you still managed to f*** it up :laugh:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

.... as opposed to being royally f*cked over by self serving British posh people who managed to convince them to self harm..... or were they just being mindlessly patriotic?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You have left the EU but you're still obsessed with it :shrug:

I see the weather is going to reach the giddy heights of 31 degrees again next week; at least that will give you something different to piss your pants over.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There we have it. They told us they knew what they were voting for, but now they don't like it. 94% don't like it.

[tweet]1557956889576701953[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
.... as opposed to being royally f*cked over by self serving British posh people who managed to convince them to self harm..... or were they just being mindlessly patriotic?

Blimey, that's the first time I have been called petit bourgeoise. We go to a mobile home on a campsite in France through the Tunnel.

It is cheaper than holidaying in Devon or the Lake District.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Blimey, that's the first time I have been called petit bourgeoise. We go to a mobile home on a campsite in France through the Tunnel.

It is cheaper than holidaying in Devon or the Lake District.

Its funny isn't it. They think everyone that goes to France is like Andrew Neil or Lord Lawson

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its funny isn't it. They think everyone that goes to France is like Andrew Neil or Lord Lawson

£600 for a fortnight in a large caravan whereas it’s £600 a week in Britain in June. Even taking Eurotunnel and fuel into account, it’s cheaper.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
£600 for a fortnight in a large caravan whereas it’s £600 a week in Britain in June. Even taking Eurotunnel and fuel into account, it’s cheaper.

Can't go wrong really, less crowded, better weather, rivers that are actually safe to swim in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here