Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Excellent stuff.

The longer and worse the disruption the sooner a politician will seize the issue and solve it by rejoining the Single Market.
There was an interview with someone from Dover port today on 5Live. She was explaining all the reasons for operation Brock, bad weather ( lies ) , loss of P&O capacity, Easter getaways, Covid, damaged berth but.... no mention of Brexit?

. .she advised lorry drivers to " take a toilet break before getting in to the 12 hour rolling queue as there are no portaloos alongside the M20 as they had been advised that placing them there was dangerous. " the interviewer went out of her way to not mention Brexit in her questions and responses but asked this pertinent question...." So why are there not the same queues trying to get in to Calais ? " reply...." Oh I think that France is a bigger country so has more room " !

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
There was an interview with someone from Dover port today on 5Live. She was explaining all the reasons for operation Brock, bad weather ( lies ) , loss of P&O capacity, Easter getaways, Covid, damaged berth but.... no mention of Brexit?

. .she advised lorry drivers to " take a toilet break before getting in to the 12 hour rolling queue as there are no portaloos alongside the M20 as they had been advised that placing them there was dangerous. " the interviewer went out of her way to not mention Brexit in her questions and responses but asked this pertinent question...." So why are there not the same queues trying to get in to Calais ? " reply...." Oh I think that France is a bigger country so has more room " !

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

there are none so blind............

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Project fear...

Almost none of the UK press are reporting this, wonder why?

Capture.PNG

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Ooops, Someone needs to have a word with Dickie Ballantyne and get him back on message :facepalm:

‘Brexit scenarios’ partly to blame for Dover congestion, says ports chief

Chief executive Richard Ballantyne said the gridlock was mainly down to the suspension of sailings by P&O Ferries after it sacked 800 workers – but pointed to Brexit bureaucracy as another factor. “There’s still congestion,” he told Sky News on Saturday. “P&O Ferries is out of service at the moment, which is probably the main cause of all the congestion – coupled with one or two other little incidents, and other Brexit scenarios.”

But problems with a key IT system for post-Brexit customs checks are also contributing traffic chaos around Dover, where thousands of commercial lorries have been stuck in queues. The Road Haulage Association (RHA) said the HMRC was “continuing to have issues” with its new GVMS system for customs declarations needed by hauliers following Britain’s exit from the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-scenarios-partly-to-blame-for-dover-congestion-says-ports-chief/ar-AAW29m3?ocid=mailsignout&cvid=10ecf781ffdf4253b8285b1cfe594296

I see the Government is going to delay the next round of border checks due in July again and are still threatening article 16 over their unimplementable NIP.

Imagine what it would be like if we hadn't voted Johnson and crew in to 'Get Brexit Done' with his 'Oven Ready Good Deal' :dunce:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
What's pathetic about holding a British passport proclaiming your national identity

Regards
DF

Your pathetic pride in the colour of your passport and your jingoistic nationalism are the most feeble of all your expressed values.

Please reply, we all need a good laugh.... and while you are licking yourself with nationalistic self-regard, do watch this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aupWuln_QM

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ooops, Someone needs to have a word with Dickie Ballantyne and get him back on message :facepalm:

‘Brexit scenarios’ partly to blame for Dover congestion, says ports chief

Chief executive Richard Ballantyne said the gridlock was mainly down to the suspension of sailings by P&O Ferries after it sacked 800 workers – but pointed to Brexit bureaucracy as another factor. “There’s still congestion,” he told Sky News on Saturday. “P&O Ferries is out of service at the moment, which is probably the main cause of all the congestion – coupled with one or two other little incidents, and other Brexit scenarios.”

But problems with a key IT system for post-Brexit customs checks are also contributing traffic chaos around Dover, where thousands of commercial lorries have been stuck in queues. The Road Haulage Association (RHA) said the HMRC was “continuing to have issues” with its new GVMS system for customs declarations needed by hauliers following Britain’s exit from the EU.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-scenarios-partly-to-blame-for-dover-congestion-says-ports-chief/ar-AAW29m3?ocid=mailsignout&cvid=10ecf781ffdf4253b8285b1cfe594296

I see the Government is going to delay the next round of border checks due in July again and are still threatening article 16 over their unimplementable NIP.

Imagine what it would be like if we hadn't voted Johnson and crew in to 'Get Brexit Done' with his 'Oven Ready Good Deal' :dunce:
Yes, thank God for Johnson and his well crafted solution, needs the Mogg to come along with a solution for all this Red Tape now..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the Government should act quickly and decisively regarding the current debacle of the queues clogging up Kent.....holidaymakers should be banned from travelling abroad using lorries.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the Government should act quickly and decisively regarding the current debacle of the queues clogging up Kent.....holidaymakers should be banned from travelling abroad using lorries.

It is all very sad down here in Kent. Lorries parked all over the place, export gammon going rancid.

Still. Sniff that freedom. My life has never been so transformed. I'm almost tumescent with joy.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
surely the figure of a billion is universal the same as 10 , 400 and 7632....???

UK billion is twelve 0s (a million million). Yanky doodles have theirs as nine 0s (thousand million).

The US billion seems to be accepted internationally.

I guess it's the equivalent of me telling Mrs G that 5 inches is a foot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
UK billion is twelve 0s (a million million). Yanky doodles have theirs as nine 0s (thousand million).

The US billion seems to be accepted internationally.

I guess it's the equivalent of me telling Mrs G that 5 inches is a foot.

Well...that's silly isn't it....so a UK billionaire is a proper one and US one isn't , trust them to big it up:rolleyes: and you have a tiny cock.....:lolol:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Cornwall to get less than 50% of the regional
funding that it received from the EU.
This is despite the liar Johnson assuring that this wouldn't happen and in the face of the levelling up nonsense.
Shame that they voted for this. But they were warned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here