Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
What a bizarre view

Our government are being funded by Putin, the UK is where Russia hides all it's dirty money, The PM put a Russian Oligarch in the house of Lords (whoś father was a KGB spy) against the advice of British Intelligence, Johnson deliberately left the door open for Abramovich and 3 other Oligarchs to get their money out of the UK when other countries froze their assets immediately

You describe my view as "bizarre" and yet don't answer my criticism of the EU continuing to pay billions of Euros to Putin. What do you find bizarre about my critique of the EU?

I absolutely and totally agree with your comments of Russian influence in our government and the very long delay in sanctioning Ambramovich (as I have posted elsewhere). But that has nothing to do with the comments in my post which you describe as "bizarre". So let me ask: are you happy that the EU continues to pump billions of Euros into Russia that helps prop up the Russian economy and keep Putin in power?

EU is doing the right thing. EU is doing the wrong thing? It's one or the other!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Great if that makes you feel better about yourself

:shrug:

Regards
DF

What a classically trivial comment!

I am enjoying this exchange... please continue. Anything relevant to contribute?

I hope you watched the last video clip rather than remaining ignorant of changing public opinion.
There are plenty of people ready and willing to make similar points now the Brexit promises have been exposed as nonsense.

Here's one... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbfxqCDr4c

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
What a classically trivial comment!

I am enjoying this exchange... please continue. Anything relevant to contribute?

I hope you watched the last video clip rather than remaining ignorant of changing public opinion.
There are plenty of people ready and willing to make similar points now the Brexit promises have been exposed as nonsense.

Here's one... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxbfxqCDr4c

Yes we've left the EU :shrug:

regards
DF

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You describe my view as "bizarre" and yet don't answer my criticism of the EU continuing to pay billions of Euros to Putin. What do you find bizarre about my critique of the EU?

I absolutely and totally agree with your comments of Russian influence in our government and the very long delay in sanctioning Ambramovich (as I have posted elsewhere). But that has nothing to do with the comments in my post which you describe as "bizarre". So let me ask: are you happy that the EU continues to pump billions of Euros into Russia that helps prop up the Russian economy and keep Putin in power?

EU is doing the right thing. EU is doing the wrong thing? It's one or the other!

Mainland Europe gets 40% of it's gas supply from Russia, you can't just turn it off overnight, switching to alternative sources takes time. If Russia is still supplying the energy, it has to be paid for, but I don't see the connection between that and Russia's war strategy

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
23 mile queue on the M20 yesterday, all going well. Kent voted for lorry park, they have their reward

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
23 mile queue on the M20 yesterday, all going well. Kent voted for lorry park, they have their reward
Excellent stuff.

The longer and worse the disruption the sooner a politician will seize the issue and solve it by rejoining the Single Market.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Excellent stuff.

The longer and worse the disruption the sooner a politician will seize the issue and solve it by rejoining the Single Market.

Just back from my first trip to the EU post Brexit

Everyone with UK passport was questioned and every passport stamped, queue took about an hour as was at the back of the aircraft

EU nationals all passed through in a few mins, delight...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Everyone with UK passport was questioned and every passport stamped, queue took about an hour as was at the back of the aircraft

The more people who want something done about that the better.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Excellent stuff.

Yeah but is not having 20 mile queues worth not having sovereignty?

Brexiteers have been basking in their sovereignty for the last 13 months, how do you compensate their loss?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah but is not having 20 mile queues worth not having sovereignty?

Brexiteers have been basking in their sovereignty for the last 13 months, how do you compensate their loss?
You create an "EU Partnership Trade Deal" ( that is basically Single Market membership and don't tell them ) so they (a) don't lose face (b) even think it is a "benefit" of Brexit.

Jan 30, 2008

I'm looking forward to having my British passport stamped regardless 🇬🇧

Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here