[Politics] Brexit

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

This is too funny for words. Yes, seriously

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ag-covid-recovery-cash-councils-b1889502.html

Guidance issued to local authorities by the communities ministry this summer says the blue and yellow symbol of European unity is "required" to be displayed around "every piece of signage, pavement sticker, or temporary public realm adaption" funded under the scheme.

The requirement, which will see thousands of new EU flags posted on official buildings and in public places across the country, exists because the European Regional Development Fund has given money to the UK to help with the Covid-19 reopening.

Despite Brexit having happened, under the withdrawal agreement the UK is still eligible for certain payments from the fund until the end of 2023 – but with strings attached.

Good to see that the EU has a better 'levelling up' agenda than the Brexit central idiots in the Johnson government.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

This is too funny for words. Yes, seriously

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ag-covid-recovery-cash-councils-b1889502.html

Guidance issued to local authorities by the communities ministry this summer says the blue and yellow symbol of European unity is "required" to be displayed around "every piece of signage, pavement sticker, or temporary public realm adaption" funded under the scheme.

The requirement, which will see thousands of new EU flags posted on official buildings and in public places across the country, exists because the European Regional Development Fund has given money to the UK to help with the Covid-19 reopening.

Despite Brexit having happened, under the withdrawal agreement the UK is still eligible for certain payments from the fund until the end of 2023 – but with strings attached.

That really is actually hilarious. :lolol:

I can sense the faces reddening already, and it won't be because of sunburn.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
:lolol: that my son , is hypocrisy incarnate ....but anyway , post a picture of your washing line for 20 quid , or is it all at mummies house...??

I take it you struggle with the differences between hypocrisy, irony and sarcasm. :)

(The washing line thing was top-notch btw - you've missed a career in comedy. )

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Ah, now, see...? You've totally ruined the comedic value of your original witticism, by adding an unnecessary follow-up. *sigh*

Maybe it's for the best that you never took it up as a career.

I think it's Antopidean Whit....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So has anything really got better "because" of Brexit for you? (please no in spite of examples).

Kindly keep all observations of what's more broadly happening in Brexit Britain on the Brexit thread please....

Only…

014559c0b38bb672e4f1cdb46ad5213f.jpg

To go [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports