Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are complete twats, still no plan other than threatening to break an International treaty they signed up to...

^----- Text book Johnsonism.

The sooner it is consigned to the bin the better for the country.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I had it on good authority that Kwasi Kwarteng was the result of 'scraping the Brexit supporting MP Barrel' when he was appointed to the cabinet. Indeed, you may remember he was appointed the day after the rest of the cabinet, as his only phone had run out of battery and nobody could contact him. When it became apparent that he wasn't even aware that junior ministers should always be contactable, my expectations for him were obviously set fairly low :dunce:

But I think he has even managed to duck that remarkably low bar on this occasion

Brexit news live: Nobody could have predicted NI Protocol effects, minister says, as UK to slash EU regulation

Business secretary Kwasi Kwarteng appears to have conceded that ministers did not know the full extent of what the Northern Ireland Protocol would, or could, mean for the island of Ireland until after Britain had already left the EU. “Obviously nobody had any idea the actual effects of [the Protocol] until we left the EU,” he told Sky News earlier, adding the government had since “looked at it” and wanted to make amends.

But presenter Kay Burley refuted this point. “When you said ‘nobody knew’, am I not right in saying that at least three previous prime ministers warned that this would happen?” she asked. The Cabinet minister, correcting himself, said he meant to say “nobody could guarantee it would happen”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-b1888402.html

So at least the Cabinet is united ................ in their complete and utter incompetence :facepalm:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had it on good authority that Kwasi Kwarteng was the result of 'scraping the Brexit supporting MP Barrel' when he was appointed to the cabinet. Indeed, you may remember he was appointed the day after the rest of the cabinet, as his only phone had run out of battery and nobody could contact him. When it became apparent that he wasn't even aware that junior ministers should always be contactable, my expectations for him were obviously set fairly low :dunce:

But I think he has even managed to duck that remarkably low bar on this occasion

Brexit news live: Nobody could have predicted NI Protocol effects, minister says, as UK to slash EU regulation

Business secretary Kwasi Kwarteng appears to have conceded that ministers did not know the full extent of what the Northern Ireland Protocol would, or could, mean for the island of Ireland until after Britain had already left the EU. “Obviously nobody had any idea the actual effects of [the Protocol] until we left the EU,” he told Sky News earlier, adding the government had since “looked at it” and wanted to make amends.

But presenter Kay Burley refuted this point. “When you said ‘nobody knew’, am I not right in saying that at least three previous prime ministers warned that this would happen?” she asked. The Cabinet minister, correcting himself, said he meant to say “nobody could guarantee it would happen”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-b1888402.html

So at least the Cabinet is united ................ in their complete and utter incompetence :facepalm:
The ignorance is unbelievable to be honest, they WERE told of the insoluble conundrum of having to have a border yet NOT having a border to comply with the GFA, but, thought they could wing it at the time then wriggle out later.
It's still insoluble as there has to be a border between the EU and " Third Countries " on order to maintain EU standards and protocols but....hilarious watching them squirm and blame the EU for their agreement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The ignorance is unbelievable to be honest, they WERE told of the insoluble conundrum of having to have a border yet NOT having a border to comply with the GFA, but, thought they could wing it at the time then wriggle out later.
It's still insoluble as there has to be a border between the EU and " Third Countries " on order to maintain EU standards and protocols but....hilarious watching them squirm and blame the EU for their agreement.
It is just classic Johnsonism and the sooner we move beyond it the better for the country.

Here's an opinion and observation which rings true ( click for linked detail ).

[tweet]1417855471210442752[/tweet]

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[tweet]1303242571691569152[/tweet]

But now apparently claiming that he didn't understand what this 'Great Oven Ready Deal' actually consisted of or what it would mean for the UK.

Who knew ? :dunce:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Kwasi Kwarteng ...!! what a beautiful English name ....where is it from Hampshire , Wiltshire rom Devon..?.....i wonder if they've got the feeling they've been had yet...?!:rolleyes: kwasi Kwarteng.:lolol::lolol: and :ffs:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Kwasi Kwarteng ...!! what a beautiful English name ....where is it from Hampshire , Wiltshire rom Devon..?.....i wonder if they've got the feeling they've been had yet...?!:rolleyes: kwasi Kwarteng.:lolol::lolol: and :ffs:

Waltham Forest, North-east London :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
please accept my apologies , my antopidean whit kicked in and the name just tickled my undercarriage , i have no doubt they are English born and bred....all good in the hood...:kiss:

Oh how very 21st century you must all be in Australia. You have even invented a new term for it.

Back over in the old world, we're still simply calling it racism :shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Taking back control looks suspiciously like Throwing away control. Who could've have guessed :dunce:

Safety fears as tests for lorry and van drivers on UK roads are relaxed to tackle shortage after Brexit

Tests for lorry and van drivers on UK roads are being relaxed to help tackle a huge shortage, triggering protests that safety will be put at risk. Road safety campaigners and Labour have both raised the alarm over the move, sparked by fears of gaps on supermarket shelves because deliveries cannot be made on time. It follows the sudden decision to allow longer journeys before lorry drivers must take a rest – and is also being hailed as benefit from “increased sovereignty” after Brexit.

The controversy has blown up after Grant Shapps, the transport secretary, issued an action plan to boost the number of drivers passing tests above the current level of 1,500 a week. It will strip the examination of “off-road manoeuvres” out of the official test to “increase overall testing capacity”. Permission to drive an articulated lorry would be granted “without also having to pass a rigid lorry practical test”, under the proposals to go out to consultation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lorry-driver-rules-brexit-shortage-b1887386.html

Be careful on those roads people ???

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
yeah...more of a Russel Crowe , yourself..?? a Philip Schofield perhaps..? not that i honestly give a flying banjo .....you lot are so quick to throw the racist tag about , you really are rather pathetic.

I didnt call you anything, just busting your balls.

you're Harold Bishop from now on....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

This is too funny for words. Yes, seriously

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ag-covid-recovery-cash-councils-b1889502.html

Guidance issued to local authorities by the communities ministry this summer says the blue and yellow symbol of European unity is "required" to be displayed around "every piece of signage, pavement sticker, or temporary public realm adaption" funded under the scheme.

The requirement, which will see thousands of new EU flags posted on official buildings and in public places across the country, exists because the European Regional Development Fund has given money to the UK to help with the Covid-19 reopening.

Despite Brexit having happened, under the withdrawal agreement the UK is still eligible for certain payments from the fund until the end of 2023 – but with strings attached.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here