Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
...so - a place you stood in the Goldstone Ground days; me too! Of course I will ignore the puerile comment and rather repetitive emoticons.

'Chicken Run' clearly has positive connotations for you...

Mine has positive connotations for me!

Anything you wish to contribute about Brexit now?

You’ve been rumbled mate, only someone who has just Googled Chicken Run Brighton Ground would call it “the Goldstone Ground’ . A place you stood “in the Goldstone Ground” really.

Unbelievable…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The racists are gonna love the immigration deal...

Im also sure that those who have a preference for free movement of people from mostly white European countries over easing/liberalising the process of obtaining visas for students and skilled workers from India will indeed be bloody livid.
They will just have to come to terms with it.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
You’ve been rumbled mate, only someone who has just Googled Chicken Run Brighton Ground would call it “the Goldstone Ground’ . A place you stood “in the Goldstone Ground” really.

Unbelievable…..

What a sleuth

columbo.gif

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Im also sure that those who have a preference for free movement of people from mostly white European countries over easing/liberalising the process of obtaining visas for students and skilled workers from India will indeed be bloody livid.

I wonder how many of our kids will want to study in India and then work there afterwards for a couple of years. They'll be queueing up...

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

I be interested to know how many Indians will travel 4,000 miles to work in Pret a Manger and nip back and forth as and when.

At least more than the 5% take up rate for the goverment fruit picking scheme I would have thought

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Any chance you could be a sleuth Nob and tell me what the negatives of Brexit are that are going to affect me?

seems like more fun keeping you hanging on a string. Fear not, I'll get back to you in the fullness of time

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I wonder how many of our kids will want to study in India and then work there afterwards for a couple of years. They'll be queueing up...
Didnt realise an education in india was such a big draw for young Brits in the same way it is the other way

I be interested to know how many Indians will travel 4,000 miles to work in Pret a Manger and nip back and forth as and when.

At least more than the 5% take up rate for the goverment fruit picking scheme I would have thought

Im sure your little noggin has been triggered by the internal interest button.
The best bet for you is to sit down calmly with some crayons and try and calculate how many Indians you think will travel 4000 miles to work in Pret a Manager and nip back and forth as and when and let everyone know what figure you came up with. What work visa would they be entering on to work in Pret?

Ps is that what you think Indians are limited to, working in Pret?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Unbelievable…..

I have already had this debate elsewhere; look it up if you are interested; you descend into the same pathetic 'willy waggling' test of loyalty to the Albion.

There is a familiar pattern to many of our recent exchanges:

You ask a question, I try to respond as politely as I can, you become seriously aroused and excited at something I have written, then start making sneering remarks and using emoticons excessively.

I point out your silliness and ask if you can write about the thread topic. You employ meaningless familiar terms like 'mate' to someone you have not and probably never will meet (similar to 'friends' on Facebook)

Eventually you flounce off..... (please try to resist that)

It is very difficult to treat your contributions seriously when you follow this worn out, infantile trajectory.

Try again.. you are failing badly at the moment.

Brexit is the topic of this thread.... why not start up another about 'online handles' and 'longevity of support for the Albion' if that is all you are interested in.

Unbelievable!

I will try and point you back on track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXOAh3Pmtcs

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have already had this debate elsewhere; look it up if you are interested; you descend into the same pathetic 'willy waggling' test of loyalty to the Albion.

There is a familiar pattern to many of our recent exchanges:

You ask a question, I try to respond as politely as I can, you become seriously aroused and excited at something I have written, then start making sneering remarks and using emoticons excessively.

I point out your silliness and ask if you can write about the thread topic. You employ meaningless familiar terms like 'mate' to someone you have not and probably never will meet (similar to 'friends' on Facebook)

Eventually you flounce off..... (please try to resist that)

It is very difficult to treat your contributions seriously when you follow this worn out, infantile trajectory.

Try again.. you are failing badly at the moment.

Brexit is the topic of this thread.... why not start up another about 'online handles' and 'longevity of support for the Albion' if that is all you are interested in.

Unbelievable!

I will try and point you back on track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXOAh3Pmtcs

It’s hard not to get aroused when someone has been caught out pretending to be a Brighton fan!

Anyway back on topic, perhaps you could list some Brexit negatives that you think will affect me, not why, just the negatives?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Didnt realise an education in india was such a big draw for young Brits in the same way it is the other way

The best bet for you is to sit down calmly with some crayons and try and calculate how many Indians you think will travel 4000 miles to work in Pret a Manager and nip back and forth as and when and let everyone know what figure you came up with. What work visa would they be entering on to work in Pret?

Because they would never work for Syntel would they.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It’s hard not to get aroused when someone has been caught out pretending to be a Brighton fan!

Anyway back on topic, perhaps you could list some Brexit negatives that you think will affect me, not why, just the negatives?

As I said, I have had this rather pointless debate elsewhere and if you are that sceptical and obsessive, you can look it up.

Regards your Brexit comment, why do you constantly ask how Brexit will affect you? Don't you know? Are you an Existentialist?

I am sure you care enough about you to be able to answer the question without referring to anyone else.

What about concerns for the negative impact on others in this country? There are negative impacts on many people as well no doubt as positive impacts for a few...

I am pleased you have not used lots of emoticons; there's progress!

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Back in 2015 when we were EU members...

Capture.PNG

How was that so called deal yesterday?

Was it worth delaying 3 weeks putting India on the red list for it?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Heard a Tory Minister on the BBC Faming radio programme today. She was discussing a new initiative for encouraging unemployed people to pick crops in the light of the shortage of overseas pickers. The only contributing factor to explain this shortage that she mentioned was Covid. Absolutely no mention of the impact of Brexit! The problems caused by Brexit are clearly destined to be airbrushed out of govt narratives. I find this just a teeny bit sinister.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As I said, I have had this rather pointless debate elsewhere and if you are that sceptical and obsessive, you can look it up.

Regards your Brexit comment, why do you constantly ask how Brexit will affect you? Don't you know? Are you an Existentialist?

I am sure you care enough about you to be able to answer the question without referring to anyone else.

What about concerns for the negative impact on others in this country? There are negative impacts on many people as well no doubt as positive impacts for a few...

I am pleased you have not used lots of emoticons; there's progress!

I don’t think you get it, I know the Andy go my question, however it’s you and your like who spend all day on here posting links to apparent Brexit negatives, I’m asking you then what you think affects me?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

of course not, surprised you would suggest such a thing. I just wondered who would plug the gaps of casual workers that oil the wheels of industry like the fruit pickers and in the hospitality sector who you voted to get rid of?

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I don’t think you get it, I know the Andy go my question, however it’s you and your like who spend all day on here posting links to apparent Brexit negatives, I’m asking you then what you think affects me?

Typical gammon, as long as it doesn't affect me, it's fine.

Why is it that only the former 'remainers' have compassion for those affected?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here