Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
of course not, surprised you would suggest such a thing. I just wondered who would plug the gaps of casual workers that oil the wheels of industry like the fruit pickers and in the hospitality sector who you voted to get rid of?

I ddint vote to get rid of anyone. That suggests deportation.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
By Jove, I do believe it's finally sunk in and he's understood :dunce:
You really don't get it do you ? It's not listing the negatives, that's simple. It's trying to put it into language that you would understand that nobody is prepared to take on :lolol:
Now that didn't take long did it, only a few days. And after all that he then wonders why people won't try and explain things to him :lolol:

Mr Edit I don’t need you to keep hiding behind all this waffle, I don’t need explanations, just some examples of negative aspects of Brexit that you feel will impact on me, come on surely after all the negatives of Brexit you can pin some that will negatively impact on me?
It appears that, not for the first time, I have seriously overestimated Chicken run's cognitive abilities again. It appears it hasn't sunk in at all :dunce:
Any chance you could be a sleuth Nob and tell me what the negatives of Brexit are that are going to affect me?
It’s hard not to get aroused when someone has been caught out pretending to be a Brighton fan!

Anyway back on topic, perhaps you could list some Brexit negatives that you think will affect me, not why, just the negatives?
I don’t think you get it, I know the Andy go my question, however it’s you and your like who spend all day on here posting links to apparent Brexit negatives, I’m asking you then what you think affects me?

It reminds me of the time a number of us wasted when we tried to explain the Irish border Issue to him in really simple terms here. That went well :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oooh..nice..casual racism..again.
Please refrain from your racist comments and try to stay on topic.

https://twitter.com/jefferson_mfg/status/1389843418512297984?s=21
Post Brexit Britain is booming ��[emoji1058]��

Now there's a surprise, a reference to some sort of 'racism' that only exists in his head, together with a link to a marketing release that has nothing to do with Brexit :dunce:

It would worry me if he was in a position with any responsibility rather than on NSC all day

tenor.gif

Toot Toot :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Typical gammon, as long as it doesn't affect me, it's fine.

Why is it that only the former 'remainers' have compassion for those affected?

It always stuns me, the number of people who get any sort of support from the state, be it benefits, tax credits, pensions, NHS etc etc, who think that an enormous, self-inflicted hit on the economy, exports and employment won't effect tax revenues or them :dunce:

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don’t think you get it, I know the Andy go my question, however it’s you and your like who spend all day on here posting links to apparent Brexit negatives, I’m asking you then what you think affects me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some of what you write is unintelligible and the rest is rather trivial.

As I do not know your circumstances, I cannot assess the Brexit negatives that affect you.

Sorry to have to say it (and please don't flounce off) but I don't reflect much on how Brexit affects an individual who I presume voted for it and cannot imagine how it might cause problems to his fellow citizens.

Whatever makes you speculate on how much time I spend on here and why does that matter to you anyway? I am merely responding to your posts.

You are getting to the obsessive stage again... desist!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Typical gammon, as long as it doesn't affect me, it's fine.

Why is it that only the former 'remainers' have compassion for those affected?
The 5th column collective couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything in this country ... its all about point scoring on social media and revelling in negativity to make up for their numerous character flaws/personal inadequacies/empty lives.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
The 5th column collective couldn't give a toss about anyone or anything in this country ... its all about point scoring on social media and revelling in negativity to make up for their numerous character flaws/personal inadequacies/empty lives.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

... and here comes a Brexit sociopath.

Atleast you acknowledge Brexit is a negative

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t think you get it, I know the Andy go my question,

As I said, me pointing out your woeful grasp of the English language really isn’t an attempt to show any academic superiority....I’m merely trying to understand you. I mean, what the **** are you trying to say here?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I’m just checking which part of any of Brighton’s grounds had an area know as Lever, oh my days, you’re not a Brighton fan are you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2357]
:dunce:

Lever is really too modest, this exchange from another thread a couple of weeks ago had me in stitches

A difficult question obviously ... let's try a simpler one. When did you first start following 'the Albion'?
Let's not follow your agenda. This is not a willy waggling competition.

If it was, suffice to say I would seriously suggest my support is longer than yours. But that is irrelevant and trivial.
Bless ... Favourite 'Albion player' ? .... Favourite Goldstone memory? .... First game?
If you really are as obsessed as you seem to be you can find out when I first went to an Albion match on another thread.

Failing that, you fill in the above and so will I. Then I hope you will try and write about more grown up things, preferably in a more grown up way.
Brian Horton/Peter Ward very close second ... JC smashing one into the top corner in front of the North stand leading to the biggest Johnny Crumplin Football Genius chant ever, Dean Wilkins free-kick against Ipswich, numerous protest moments where I ended up in the centre circle, first game I think was against Bristol Rovers 78 .... you?
Kit Napier scoring direct from a corner; Albion comeback from halftime 2-0 behind against Bristol Rovers to win 3-2 in the second half with goals from Norman Gall and Dave Turner (2) in November 1966; 1-1 draw against Chelsea in the FA Cup, Turner scoring an equaliser after Bobby Tambling had put Chelsea in the lead; watching Peter Ward score 2 against WBA at the Hawthorns; F.A. Cup Final and replay; earliest game - Albion against Hull City 1965. We lost.

Some adjustments made - Tambling was Chelsea scorer but Hollins was in the Chelsea team.

Now please move on

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As I said, me pointing out your woeful grasp of the English language really isn’t an attempt to show any academic superiority....I’m merely trying to understand you. I mean, what the **** are you trying to say here?

Ahhh bless, Herr FlPrick is here with his sanctimonious drivel, people dislike me on here because of my politics, people dislike you for who you are[emoji6] (I know, you play up to your audience)

Couple of weeks ago you claimed to largely ignore me eh, how’s that going [emoji2370]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tory quarrels determined UK’s post-Brexit future, says Barnier

Revealed: EU chief negotiator’s diaries, The Great Illusion, give blow-by-blow account of moves behind UK’s departure

Britain’s post-Brexit future was determined by “the quarrels, low blows, multiple betrayals and thwarted ambitions of a certain number of Tory MPs”, the EU’s chief negotiator has said in his long-awaited diaries. The UK’s early problem, writes Michel Barnier in The Great Illusion, his 500-page account, was that they began by “talking to themselves. And they underestimate the legal complexity of this divorce, and many of its consequences.”

In the image of its author, it is mostly courteous, measured and precise: a sober, matter-of-fact – and, to those who followed Brexit’s twists and turns, broadly familiar – account. But that makes its asides and rare outbursts all the more forceful.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/05/tory-quarrels-betrayals-uk-post-brexit-future-barnier-eu

The dairies will prove an interesting read of what went on behind the scenes for anyone who has the attention span :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
London Emerges From Lockdown Harder Hit Than Much of the U.K.

London is emerging from lockdown bruised by Brexit and a pandemic that hit the U.K. capital harder than other regions, raising questions about its ability to power the country’s economic recovery. The city accounts for a quarter of U.K. output and suffered almost 30% of the drop in payrolls nationwide in the past year, official data show. People are moving to the suburbs and beyond in search of space, and Britain’s exit from the European Union is draining away high-paying work in finance.

While New York is springing back to life, much of London remains at a standstill. Office workers have been told to stay at home until June 21, leaving events and nightclubs out of action. Migrant workers that staffed the once-booming hospitality industry have left in their tens of thousands, and new visa rules after Brexit will make it harder for many of them to return.

The financial district also is suffering from Brexit, which ended the automatic right of banks to do business on the continent. More than 440 financial firms have moved some of their operations into the EU, resulting in about 7,400 job relocations and a 900 billion-pound ($1.2 trillion) shift of assets.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-05/london-emerges-from-lockdown-harder-hit-than-much-of-the-u-k

It's interesting, if somewhat depressing, to see other countries media reporting of the UK economy, when compared to the majority of the UK's media ???

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
London Emerges From Lockdown Harder Hit Than Much of the U.K.

London is emerging from lockdown bruised by Brexit and a pandemic that hit the U.K. capital harder than other regions, raising questions about its ability to power the country’s economic recovery. The city accounts for a quarter of U.K. output and suffered almost 30% of the drop in payrolls nationwide in the past year, official data show. People are moving to the suburbs and beyond in search of space, and Britain’s exit from the European Union is draining away high-paying work in finance.

While New York is springing back to life, much of London remains at a standstill. Office workers have been told to stay at home until June 21, leaving events and nightclubs out of action. Migrant workers that staffed the once-booming hospitality industry have left in their tens of thousands, and new visa rules after Brexit will make it harder for many of them to return.

The financial district also is suffering from Brexit, which ended the automatic right of banks to do business on the continent. More than 440 financial firms have moved some of their operations into the EU, resulting in about 7,400 job relocations and a 900 billion-pound ($1.2 trillion) shift of assets.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-05/london-emerges-from-lockdown-harder-hit-than-much-of-the-u-k

It's interesting, if somewhat depressing, to see other countries media reporting of the UK economy, when compared to the majority of the UK's media ???

Job loses so far have been modest but the flight of capital and movement of tax bases offshore is pretty worrying.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

The news in UK is extremely distorted, any negative stories on the government or Brexit seem to be smothered by vaccines, vaccines, vaccines. I see very good, balanced journalism from Ireland, not in the pockets of the Murdoch machine, and James O Brien of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here