Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sadly, the likes of Lightly Baked will still disagree with this, simply on the principle that it can't be admitted that Brexit would/could cost jobs and trade as that would undermine the entire point of Brexit.

You really must get it into your head that Brexit is a long term project. We can't expect quick returns. I'm confident that every one of our Brexiteer friends will happily nominate the precise year when it will work out and there will be net economic benefits for the UK. Jacob Rees Mogg put down a marker of 50 years - 2069? Any advances on this chaps?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You really must get it into your head that Brexit is a long term project. We can't expect quick returns. I'm confident that every one of our Brexiteer friends will happily nominate the precise year when it will work out and there will be net economic benefits for the UK. Jacob Rees Mogg put down a marker of 50 years - 2069? Any advances on this chaps?

You are correct, I should be more positive and just " Believe " more.... in 50 years time I will be reaping the benefits, as only a 111 year old man can do !

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Quite right. :thumbsup:

The rag bag assortment of personality disorders, Corbynistas, Europhiles and Guardianistas that make up the Brexit thread 5th column collective were never going to reign in their pointless drivel even for a few hours as they almost certainly have as much contempt for the Royals as they do for this country.

:nono:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The rag bag assortment of personality disorders, Corbynistas, Europhiles and Guardianistas that make up the Brexit thread 5th column collective were never going to reign in their pointless drivel even for a few hours as they almost certainly have as much contempt for the Royals as they do for this country.

Ah.

So a couple of people posting on the deep recesses of an internet forum populated only by you, Baker Lite. Chicken Run, half a dozen remainers and the poor buggers who have to moderate this shite is disresepctful to the Royal death, but no mention of last night's Loyalist Anti Brexit riots from you at all?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ah.

So a couple of people posting on the deep recesses of an internet forum populated only by you, Baker Lite. Chicken Run, half a dozen remainers and the poor buggers who have to moderate this shite is disresepctful to the Royal death, but no mention of last night's Loyalist Anti Brexit riots from you at all?

It's very hard to tell which of the (often teenage) numpties throwing stuff at the Police in NI are doing so because they have suddenly decided (after 3/4 months) the Northern Ireland Protocol threatens their sense of identity or that they are only doing it because criminal elements within the loyalist community have been hit by successful police drug raids recently so want a bit of payback or the anger about Sinn Fein members attending a funeral on mass breaking lockdown restrictions but I promise if they decide to post on NSC I will lump the 'Anti Brexit' rioters in with the 5th column collective.

Moderating a football forum must be immensely challenging but as it's a voluntary pastime my sympathies are limited.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's very hard to tell which of the (often teenage) numpties throwing stuff at the Police in NI are doing so because they have suddenly decided (after 3/4 months) the Northern Ireland Protocol threatens their sense of identity or that they are only doing it because criminal elements within the loyalist community have been hit by successful police drug raids recently so want a bit of payback or the anger about Sinn Fein members attending a funeral on mass breaking lockdown restrictions but I promise if they decide to post on NSC I will lump the 'Anti Brexit' rioters in with the 5th column collective.

Moderating a football forum must be immensely challenging but as it's a voluntary pastime my sympathies are limited.

Fairly easy to condemn ALL Loyalist violence and state that Ulster Unionists have joined the ranks of the undemocratic loons though, isn't it? Why don't you?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Fairly easy to condemn ALL Loyalist violence and state that Ulster Unionists have joined the ranks of the undemocratic loons though, isn't it? Why don't you?

As I pointed out in a previous post the people of NI have a democratic route to removing the Northern Ireland protocol (the consent mechanism), that's the path they should take if they are unhappy ... I condemn all violence.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
As I pointed out in a previous post the people of NI have a democratic route to removing the Northern Ireland protocol (the consent mechanism), that's the path they should take if they are unhappy ... I condemn all violence.

No, what you did in the previous post was reuse the phrase "5th column" - despite the fact that I'm fairly sure the likes of Randy Mc Nob are not attacking the police with petrol bombs - and crowbar in a reference to a Sinn Fein funeral.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No, what you did in the previous post was reuse the phrase "5th column" - despite the fact that I'm fairly sure the likes of Randy Mc Nob are not attacking the police with petrol bombs - and crowbar in a reference to a Sinn Fein funeral.

In a previous post, I said ..

Also, a reaction to successful Police operations against organised crime/drugs gangs in loyalist areas but suggesting it's all about Brexit serves as a useful cover. There is a democratic way to end the NI protocol and that's via the consent mechanism.

Do all 5th columnists only resort to violence? The reference to the Sinn Fein funeral was for your benefit, additional factual information, as you didn't seem to know what you were talking about when calling the troubles 'Anti Brexit riots'.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Do all 5th columnists only resort to violence? The reference to the Sinn Fein funeral was for your benefit, additional factual information, as you didn't seem to know what you were talking about when calling the troubles 'Anti Brexit riots'.

Are you denying that the protocol is an issue? I thought the deal was "oven ready"?

Maybe the heating instructions needed the phrase "not suitable for North Belfast" adding.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Are you denying that the protocol is an issue? I thought the deal was "oven ready"?

Maybe the heating instructions needed the phrase "not suitable for North Belfast" adding.

I don't remember anyone saying the protocol wasn't an issue (one of many) but someone did say 'anti-Brexit riots' suggesting an exclusive cause of the trouble.

If not suitable the people of NI have a democratic path to removing it.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Ah.

I thought we weren’t naming names? It could lead to hurty words [emoji2371]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

No, some 5th columnists promoted a damaging policy for the UK to inflict on itself, leaving the EU. You know Russia was pushing the leave vote. You have a surface level, symbolic only patriotism, flags, Royals, blue passports. The vote you cast has damaged the UK, you won, Russia won, the UK lost.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh well , have a good one anyway staring at your screen, cu Monday [emoji6]

Between me going off to do stuff yesterday morning and coming back to NSC this morning, do you want to guess how many hours you've spent logged on to NSC ?

I guess Irony is simply something else you don't understand :dunce:

And another who doesn't do Irony

Immediately before he launches into his normal pages of whataboutism to try and explain why he, an ardent Unionist, voting for a border in the Irish Sea doesn't in any way, have any responsibility for what is now happening in NI :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here