Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
They are wasting time kicking off on this thread, as I said the few Exit types on here who they are aiming the posts at genuinely don’t care what they have to say, or ever will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

don't flatter yourself love, just because you've been reduced to churlish reposts doesn't mean we do anything for your attention.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The truth is that no one is really sure how it is all going to pan out. It is speculation and assumption. Most seem to assume that nothing is going to change within the EU ( lets wait and see ) and none of us have a clue what changes our government are going to make. Taxation is a prime example. We will have to wait 3-4 year to see if tax changes reap benefit.
One thing we all know is that had there been no Covid 19, the ultimate damage done by Brexit would have been pretty small on the grand scheme of things. It wouldn't have caused the worst decline in global economies since the 1930's. It wouldn't have seen the government paying a quarter of the workforce to stay at home. It wouldn't have seen unemployment in the millions and thousands of businesses, previously profitable, going bust. Whole swathes of industry damaged for decades. The criminal justice system damaged for years. A backlog of over 450,000 cases. Three years for cases to be heard. Children's education set back and damaged. Market trends accelerated 5-10 years in months. The decline of the high street. The move to online shopping. The move to work from home and the vast hole that leaves in the economy. Healthcare. Virtually every illness on hold to cope with Covid. People will die early from cancer, heart issues and all many of other serious problems that may well have been detected earlier, in a less pressurised system. Let alone, all the fit and healthy ones catching this wretched virus and leaving us early. Debt beyond imagination, that will still be a millstone around the necks of our children, most of their working lives.
Just a few things to contemplate, whilst still blowing a gasket over Brexit. Yes, its important but in the whole scheme of things, a lot of the ongoing issues will get sorted. The effects of Covid 19 will still be felt when we are all driving electric cars and some of us on here are no longer around

What a load of inaccurate waffle.
I retired from the Criminal Justice System in July 2014. The Tories have been crippling it since 2010. Over 50% of magistrates courts closed, 20K police cut, the Probation Service privatised- which was a disaster, legal aid cut and cut again, the CPS cut by 60% etc etc.
Covid had no bearing on any of that. The excuse at the time was austerity.
Yes, Covid has piled misery on top of that but it’s been going on for 11 years not 11 months.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They are wasting time kicking off on this thread, as I said the few Exit types on here who they are aiming the posts at genuinely don’t care what they have to say, or ever will.

Genuine question. Why are you still reading this thread, if it is so time wasting?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
don't flatter yourself love, just because you've been reduced to churlish reposts doesn't mean we do anything for your attention.
That would be why there is always a flurry of posts from your lot when a Brexiteer posts then!

To be fair, I think Chicken run may only be partially right as its become glaringly obvious over the last few years, that complaining about Brexit is some sort of coping strategy for those who can't cope when democratic votes don't go the 'right' way. Hopefully one day you will all get better[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That would be why there is always a flurry of posts from your lot when a Brexiteer posts then!

To be fair, I think Chicken run may only be partially right as its become glaringly obvious over the last few years, that complaining about Brexit is some sort of coping strategy for those who can't cope when democratic votes don't go the 'right' way. Hopefully one day you will all get better[emoji106]

On the subject of coping with Brexit, I see the fishermen are getting bailed out in the face of a mountain of red tape and effectively buying up all the rotting fish.

Who do you think should be the next group to take advantage of Johnson's "Victims of Brexit" fund?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On the subject of coping with Brexit, I see the fishermen are getting bailed out in the face of a mountain of red tape and effectively buying up all the rotting fish.

Who do you think should be the next group to take advantage of Johnson's "Victims of Brexit" fund?
NSC's #teameu crew?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

Again, nobody is talking about the result of the referendum which happened 5 years ago this June. The discussion mainly centres around the effects of brexit which are things that country were told, expressly, would not happen.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyway, back on topic,

It's really hard to keep up with the constant barrage of de-regulation and 'Brexit Deal' cock ups of the last 3 weeks.

Tory MPs vote down legal bid to 'protect the NHS' in post-Brexit trade deals

Tory MPs have voted down a legal bid which was aimed at protecting the NHS in post-Brexit trade deals. The House of Lords passed an amendment last month which would have blocked any trade deal that “undermines or restricts” the ability to provide “a comprehensive publicly funded health service free at the point of delivery”.

The amendment also would have blocked “the sale of patient data” in any trade deal unless the proceeds were ploughed back into UK health and care services, along with a string of other restrictions.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/tory-mps-vote-down-legal-bid-to-protect-the-nhs-in-post-brexit-trade-deals/ar-BB1cTTMb?ocid=mailsignout

I'm guessing that our Brexiteer dregs on here have ignored anything to do with worker's rights because they think it has no immediate effect on them (even though this will effect benefits and Public sector pensions in the long run), given their inability to understand the consequences of their actions.

But even they must see that this also effects pensioners and the unemployed, shirley ???

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Anyway, back on topic,

It's really hard to keep up with the constant barrage of de-regulation and 'Brexit Deal' cock ups of the last 3 weeks.

Tory MPs vote down legal bid to 'protect the NHS' in post-Brexit trade deals

Tory MPs have voted down a legal bid which was aimed at protecting the NHS in post-Brexit trade deals. The House of Lords passed an amendment last month which would have blocked any trade deal that “undermines or restricts” the ability to provide “a comprehensive publicly funded health service free at the point of delivery”.

The amendment also would have blocked “the sale of patient data” in any trade deal unless the proceeds were ploughed back into UK health and care services, along with a string of other restrictions.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/tory-mps-vote-down-legal-bid-to-protect-the-nhs-in-post-brexit-trade-deals/ar-BB1cTTMb?ocid=mailsignout

I'm guessing that our Brexiteer dregs on here have ignored anything to do with worker's rights because they think it has no immediate effect on them (even though this will effect benefits and Public sector pensions in the long run), given their inability to understand the consequences of their actions.

But even they must see that this also effects pensioners and the unemployed, shirley ???

Ah ,the good old house of lords and amendments, goes hand in hand doesn't it , full of EU loons just like your self ,another mountain out of a mole hill from Watford bloke
Regards
DF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

For a long time underpaid staff have had their wages topped up by the tax payer. Fisherman are having their rotting fish bought up. Farmers are being propped up by tax payers. Other businesses the same. Some EU companies now need to register and account for U.K. VAT in the U.K. and some U.K. businesses now have to complete customs declarations to send goods within their own ****ing country.

Great Britain PLC is open for business :lolol:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
compare and contrast.....

Roger Daltrey in 2019 before Brexit deal and now after Brexit deal

[tweet]1351824801141321735[/tweet]

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

What you consider a waste of time is a subjective judgement.
I am not persuaded that these posts are exclusively or even mostly aimed at 'Exit types'. I think presenting outcomes against pre-Brexit promises is instructive, whether it be good or bad news. We are educating ourselves about the integrity of the government and the viability of the 'sunny uplands'.
If you don't care about what they have to say, then why not simply ignore or challenge the points rather than just deride the person who posted them?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not persuaded that these posts are exclusively or even mostly aimed at 'Exit types'. I think presenting outcomes against pre-Brexit promises is instructive, whether it be good or bad news. We are educating ourselves about the integrity of the government and the viability of the 'sunny uplands'.
If you don't care about what they have to say, then why not simply ignore or challenge the points rather than just deride the person who posted them?

[MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] - claims it’s a waste of time yet spends time getting involved. His other contradictory trick a few weeks back was to reply with a goading post them claim he was sick of Albion fans squabbling and said he wanted us to get along.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

As always an extremely well put response, as always from the most respected remainer on this thread.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020

That's Brexiter's anguish at not being able to be magnanimous or vindicated in the decision, and frustration of being on the wrong side of history

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1351633153509765121[/TWEET]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here