Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have noticed posters sniping on Brexit on various other threads on the Main Board and rather than take those threads of topic, I think it would be better to quote the posts here so they can actually be challenged with simple facts.

That [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] was caught out simply lying. On the week of the referendum he stated

And, when his case was taken apart objectively and factually, 2 months ago, he posted

And when called out as a liar, he hasn't been seen since, but continues to snipe at Brexit from other threads.

Anyway, while we are on the subject of Brexit, is it going the way you hoped when you voted for it ???

FFS, those weren't the posts under discussion. Dredging up some posts from nearly five years ago and having a go at me for not remembering them (if I ever read them at the time) and somehow trying to claim that my recent discussions (now resolved) with another poster were about them, is just .... well ...... poxy.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have noticed posters sniping on Brexit on various other threads on the Main Board and rather than take those threads of topic, I think it would be better to quote the posts here so they can actually be challenged with simple facts.

That [MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] was caught out simply lying. On the week of the referendum he stated

And, when his case was taken apart objectively and factually, 2 months ago, he posted

And when called out as a liar, he hasn't been seen since, but continues to snipe at Brexit from other threads.

Anyway, while we are on the subject of Brexit, is it going the way you hoped when you voted for it ???
Clearly one those posts was just "pocket posting".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
FFS, those weren't the posts under discussion. Dredging up some posts from nearly five years ago and having a go at me for not remembering them (if I ever read them at the time) and somehow trying to claim that my recent discussions (now resolved) with another poster were about them, is just .... well ...... poxy.

Mo Gosfield starts whining about Brexit on other threads and you jumped in and supported him (which, to be fair, you have now withdrawn). I was simply pointing out the reasons he snipes from other threads rather than actually posting on the Brexit one, and why you got stick for supporting him :shrug:

Back on topic, is Brexit going the way you thought it would when you voted for it ? Particularly with regard to the Irish Sea Border, Passporting and Equivalence for the services sector, Fisheries and the tariffs and import taxes that seem to have been hidden in the small print ?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ignore him, he's a bit insecure, hence the need to continually claim how clever he is when all available evidence continually proves the opposite is true. Also a bit of a hypocrite re fibbing when he said we 'all would rather avoid a no deal when he clearly stated he wanted a no deal outcome.

Anyway back.on topic ..

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Looks like we are getting over Johnson's 'teething problems'

Brexit news – live: German logistics giant suspends shipments, as ‘art collectors pull works out of UK’

Boris Johnson has been warned by British retail bosses that his Brexit trade deal is becoming “unworkable”, as firms continue to struggle with mountains of “impenetrable” red tape.

It comes as the German logistics giant DB Schenker has suspended shipments from the EU to UK – citing “significant problems” with new customs arrangements. And it has emerged that owners of artworks worth millions of pounds have been working hard to get them out of the UK and avoid Brexit costs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-deal-update-b1787110.html

A strange coincidence that not a single Brexit supporter has posted anything related to Brexit on this thread since the Brexit 'Good Deal' has been signed, published and has become fact rather than speculation.

I wonder why that may be ???

#fantasymeetsreality

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ignore him, he's a bit insecure, hence the need to continually claim how clever he is when all available evidence continually proves the opposite is true. Also a bit of a hypocrite re fibbing when he said we 'all would rather avoid a no deal when he clearly stated he wanted a no deal outcome.

Anyway back.on topic ..

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Intelligence, as with everything is only relative, only enter discussions with idiots and you'll appear clever :dunce:

Only adjusting what has already been agreed. I suggested making the backstop temporary adding the ability to withdraw with x amount of notice (unlikely to ever be triggered) as I believe it would break the deadlock so we could officially leave and move to the future trade relationship negotiations. There's an awful lot of bluff and intransigence at the moment once we are officially out it should all calm down and the time pressure will reduce. The more comprehensive the trade deal the fewer problems at the borders and less need for new technological solutions.
If you are only adjusting what Britain and the EU have already agreed, why don't you just take the backstop out completely, and let us trade freely with the EU as at present whilst not making any contribution to the EU and not having to abide by any of their rules or regulations, and that gets rid of the NI/Ireland problem as well ?
That would break the deadlock, give Britain the type of 'Good Deal' that the Leave campaign always promised, and give us the way forward.
After all, it's 'Only adjusting what has already been agreed' :facepalm:
View attachment 113681

I think we may see a little more of your unilaterally 'adjusting what has already been agreed' yet, It's worked well up to now :facepalm:

What makes you decide whether to post as POTG or JCFG ? I have a theory, but would rather hear it from yourselves first :wink:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like we are getting over Johnson's 'teething problems'

Brexit news – live: German logistics giant suspends shipments, as ‘art collectors pull works out of UK’

Boris Johnson has been warned by British retail bosses that his Brexit trade deal is becoming “unworkable”, as firms continue to struggle with mountains of “impenetrable” red tape.

It comes as the German logistics giant DB Schenker has suspended shipments from the EU to UK – citing “significant problems” with new customs arrangements. And it has emerged that owners of artworks worth millions of pounds have been working hard to get them out of the UK and avoid Brexit costs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-boris-johnson-deal-update-b1787110.html

A strange coincidence that not a single Brexit supporter has posted anything related to Brexit on this thread since the Brexit 'Good Deal' has been signed, published and has become fact rather than speculation.

I wonder why that may be ???

#fantasymeetsreality

Seems its increasingly the case that the only way to get stuff from Europe is to send a truck out empty.

Of course inbound no checks (after taking back control) till at least July

All very expensive and wasteful, we will pay more....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
September 2019 - Brexiter spends £40k to prepare business for no deal Brexit

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1...29av_hnR2nqmWjQonmGJTS1nOZiHwi0rilzKyS1Ifp8ZE

January 2021 - Owner exhausted by the stress of waiting for £50k worth of shellfish to be given the green light to enter the EU

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/busin...ishing-pembrokeshire-narberth-export-19622485

#victimsofbrexit

I do feel sympathy for any SME that tries but fails, however putting Brexit aside, if you were a business consultant to them

What's your product ?
Who's you consumer ?
How quickly does it have to get to the consumer ?
What is the process currently ?
And what is this new process you want ?

YOU WANT TO DO WHAT :eek:

In any situation, poor decisions put people out of business. The majority of my sympathies are with the innocents rather than the gullible. Sorry

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1349683893692149761[/TWEET]

It must be because we'd all be stunned by how amazing it is

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Seems its increasingly the case that the only way to get stuff from Europe is to send a truck out empty.

Of course inbound no checks (after taking back control) till at least July

All very expensive and wasteful, we will pay more....
Once all the facts come out and "Project Con" is fully exposed... then a new referendum ( about at the very least joining the Single Market, or maybe even rejoining the EU ) becomes more and more likely. And maybe sooner than some think.

Jan 30, 2008
Once all the facts come out and "Project Con" is fully exposed... then a new referendum ( about at the very least joining the Single Market, or maybe even rejoining the EU ) becomes more and more likely. And maybe sooner than some think.
And the Zombies on here wonder why they are ridiculed .......LMFAO !!!!!
Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seems to me nobody is working. Constantly seeking out negative news can't be good for your mental health.

You've had a couple of days now but since you don't seem to be able to find any Brexit positive news I've found some for you

Robert Walters: We stand to benefit from any Brexit repercussions

Leading recruitment boss Robert Walters has said that despite a challenging year the firm stands to benefit from any Brexit repercussions because of its wide geographic reach.

“We are in all the locations that, if there were to be a move of resources in banking to Frankfurt, Amsterdam or Paris, we’re in all those places and prepared,” he told City A.M. “We’re not complacent but we’re quite well positioned for any uncertainty within the financial services sector… We’re in all the right places around the world to benefit from any repercussions of Brexit, either positive or negative.”

https://www.cityam.com/robert-walters-we-stand-to-benefit-from-any-brexit-repercussions/

Obviously not positive news for the UK, the Financial Services sector or UK employees, but positive news for Robert Walters, so every cloud ....:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This might even be amusing but for the fact he has closed down the Commons Brexit Committee.
Maybe he doesn't want it scrutinised?

Of course he doesn't.

[tweet]1349707738583093248[/tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This might even be amusing but for the fact he has closed down the Commons Brexit Committee.
Maybe he doesn't want it scrutinised?

Of course he doesn't.

[tweet]1349707738583093248[/tweet]

Johnson's cabinet still think it's a joke while people lose their businesses and jobs. And the worst part is that it isn't a surprise :down:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson's cabinet still think it's a joke while people lose their businesses and jobs. And the worst part is that it isn't a surprise :down:

Problem is too many Brits listen to people just because they have a posh accent

In other news DM's Robert Hardman whining that British lorry driver are having their sandwiches taken away, yet in Switzerland they are waived through

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9144765/ROBERT-HARDMAN-Europes-petty-revenge.html

Maybe one day we're be in the Single Market (and like the Swiss in Schengen too!!).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still remainers crying on here. All the remainers I know through work and friends have reluctantly accepted the result and now just want to move on. Pity the usual suspects on here cannot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here