Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Your constant inability to engage demonstrates my point perfectly - your contribution to this thread is entirely made up of sneering using no more than 2 sentences.

It saddens me that our government of the day cares so little about the people that morons like you were expected to make such a key economic decision and as such, it is absolutely shameful you were ever asked to do so.

He's just another victim, go easy on him...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So now the Major supermarkets have actually had time to read and understand the Brexit deal, they want to re-negotiate it within 3 weeks of the Government signing it off. I thought that the 'Transition period' was specifically negotiated (and significant sums paid to the EU) so the UK could prepare for, and overcome these sort of problems.

N Ireland food shortages set to worsen, say UK supermarket heads - Further supply disruption expected from new border regime after Brexit grace period ends

The UK’s largest supermarkets have warned the government of “significant disruption to food supplies” to Northern Ireland because of “unworkable” post-Brexit border arrangements. The retailers also called on the government to begin an “open discussion” with the EU to explain why implementing the Irish protocol was “unworkable” in the current timeframe, raising the prospect of difficult negotiations with Brussels just weeks after the deal was agreed.

The protocol, agreed by the UK and EU to avoid a hard border on the island of Ireland, means that the region remains under the EU’s internal market controls. New paperwork is now needed to ship from Great Britain, especially for products of animal origin. The border arrangements, alongside new bureaucracy and the need for certification “in such a short timescale are unworkable”, the supermarket chains wrote in the letter, which has been seen by the Financial Times. The six companies account for most retail food sales in Northern Ireland.

https://www.ft.com/content/8bdb2a68-8124-42d6-a477-d4ddf03000d8

Maybe they could explain to the Government what it has negotiated and see if they can re-negotiate once they understand it. It's not as if this government has form for trying to back out of agreements it has signed. Good luck with that :facepalm:

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I'll only ever have compassion for you. Just sad you took a decision against your own interests.

Those that took you there I will however hold in contempt..

I think he's from the church of the poisoned minds

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Genuine query: when you take the trouble to post something of this sort, do you really think anyone is going to take any notice, or is it a sufficient return on your investment of time just to mildly annoy people like me? It just seems to be a bit of a waste of your (valuable) time, that's all. How about contributing something a tad more meaningful?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So now the Major supermarkets have actually had time to read and understand the Brexit deal, they want to re-negotiate it within 3 weeks of the Government signing it off. I thought that the 'Transition period' was specifically negotiated (and significant sums paid to the EU) so the UK could prepare for, and overcome these sort of problems.

N Ireland food shortages set to worsen, say UK supermarket heads - Further supply disruption expected from new border regime after Brexit grace period ends

The UK’s largest supermarkets have warned the government of “significant disruption to food supplies” to Northern Ireland because of “unworkable” post-Brexit border arrangements. The retailers also called on the government to begin an “open discussion” with the EU to explain why implementing the Irish protocol was “unworkable” in the current timeframe, raising the prospect of difficult negotiations with Brussels just weeks after the deal was agreed.

The protocol, agreed by the UK and EU to avoid a hard border on the island of Ireland, means that the region remains under the EU’s internal market controls. New paperwork is now needed to ship from Great Britain, especially for products of animal origin. The border arrangements, alongside new bureaucracy and the need for certification “in such a short timescale are unworkable”, the supermarket chains wrote in the letter, which has been seen by the Financial Times. The six companies account for most retail food sales in Northern Ireland.

https://www.ft.com/content/8bdb2a68-8124-42d6-a477-d4ddf03000d8

Maybe they could explain to the Government what it has negotiated and see if they can re-negotiate once they understand it. It's not as if this government has form for trying to back out of agreements it has signed. Good luck with that :facepalm:

Interesting the EU has only provisionally agreed the FTA, there is now 2 months of scrutiny across the EU27. UK did it in 2 hours before anyone had time to read it

But hey, that's taking back control in the mother of all parliaments.

Also Mogg has blocked an extension of a Commons committee tasked with scrutinising the Brexit process

But we must all admit the EU is so undemocratic

All a little embarassing really...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Genuine query: when you take the trouble to post something of this sort, do you really think anyone is going to take any notice, or is it a sufficient return on your investment of time just to mildly annoy people like me? It just seems to be a bit of a waste of your (valuable) time, that's all. How about contributing something a tad more meaningful?

Sorry for butting in on this; I am genuinely sorry to see how diminished the Brexit argument has become, because we need a constructive dialogue to understand each other.

As a general rule, I quite understand the absence of posts from Leave supporters; Brexit is achieved and there is nothing more for them to lobby for.

However, it is perfectly reasonable for anyone to comment on the developments arising from this historic event and as far as I am aware, since January 1st the Brexit lobby on here has merely: repeatedly exhorted us to 'move on', which is impossible as the effects of Brexit have only just begun to unfold; made several wholly personal comments; accused Brexit sceptics of a lack of patriotism; predicted that all will be well one day in the future (without providing any evidence) and finally has descended into posting 1980s music videos.

I really think that a dignified silence (whilst waiting for 'anticipated good news') would be a better option for those of us/them who still believe Brexit is a good thing.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Your constant inability to engage demonstrates my point perfectly - your contribution to this thread is entirely made up of sneering using no more than 2 sentences.

It saddens me that our government of the day cares so little about the people that morons like you were expected to make such a key economic decision and as such, it is absolutely shameful you were ever asked to do so.

All my talking has been done at the Ballot box and for what I believe in , hey presto we're a Sovereign nation all's good in the hood bro
Regards
DF

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
...but some Brexit supporters on here have no dignity left.

Or the ability to list all the 'positives of Brexit, other than things that have been debunked. They know it's a cluster**** but their sensitive emotions won't allow them to admit it. They are reduced to silly comments. The brave new world.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They know it's a cluster**** but their sensitive emotions won't allow them to admit it.

Not necessarily. Some are delighted because the reasons they voted for it are being fully borne out, but they aren't brave enough to admit to those reasons in public.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Not necessarily. Some are delighted because the reasons they voted for it are being fully borne out, but they aren't brave enough to admit to those reasons in public.

I think you are probably right about that but apart from 'sovereignty' (which seems a very elusive term in practical terms), I really don't understand the reasons. I never have. Regards bravery in this matter, well I think it is very early and far too raw for anyone to admit anything. If they did they would be derided by both sides of the divide.

It will take time and when (and if) there is some kind of healing, then let's see what effects of Brexit developments have on public opinion....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here