Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Steady... Brexiters might now be inspired to claim this success retrospectively as a reason why they voted Leave.

I'm just trying to give them something. From recent posts its clear they're not in a good place right now.

It does raise a question though, what happens to foreign drivers that commit offences in the UK?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm just trying to give them something. From recent posts its clear they're not in a good place right now.

giphy.gif

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

It does raise a question though, what happens to foreign drivers that commit offences in the UK?

Interesting thought.... and what effect would such rule changes have on the number of road accidents/fatalities in both the UK and the EU? This might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And back on topic. I really can't imagine why some posters constantly try to drag this thread off topic.

Exclusive: City of London boss says financial services overlooked in Brexit talks

City of London Corporation boss Catherine McGuinness has hit out at Boris Johnson’s government for taking financial services for granted and overlooking the City of London during the last two years of Brexit talks.The UK’s financial services sector has lost its pre-Brexit level of access to EU markets and its passporting rights.

“Particularly in the last few months we’ve had this sense that fish and other parts of the economy that are really tiny in comparison have captured much more of the imagination than this really major part of the economy,” McGuinness said.

This has forced major UK-based banks to move more than £1 trillion of assets and thousands of jobs to EU financial capitals to avoid disruption.

The only way the City of London can maintain its pre-Brexit access to the EU is if Brussels unilaterally grants regulatory equivalence, however the bloc believes the UK is destined to diverge from its financial services regulations and has withheld the designation.

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-city-of-london-boss-says-financial-services-overlooked-in-brexit-talks/

I wonder what sort of 'deal' could have been achieved if the Government actually understood what they were negotiating ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And specially for POTG/JCFG, because I know how he only ever comes on here for amusement these days

British expats who voted for Brexit become laughing stock after furiously moaning about the consequences

Leave-voting expats have sparked ridicule by complaining about being subject to EU rules for non-members for the first time.

https://www.indy100.com/news/brexit-expat-spain-eu-uk-b1785980

And I love the way you spent last night posting from alternate accounts, but you really should try and find a friend, relationship and/or job. It's best in the long run all round and, if it would help, I am quite happy to spend some time going through your cv with you. At least that would be a step in the right direction :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And specially for POTG/JCFG, because I know how he only ever comes on here for amusement these days

British expats who voted for Brexit become laughing stock after furiously moaning about the consequences

Leave-voting expats have sparked ridicule by complaining about being subject to EU rules for non-members for the first time.

And I love the way you spent last night posting from alternate accounts, but you really should try and find a friend, relationship and/or job. It's best in the long run all round and, if it would help, I am quite happy to spend some time going through your cv with you. At least that would be a step in the right direction :thumbsup:

There's kind of nobility in voting for something that you believe in, even though it adversely impacts you. Unless of course, you were just too dim to realise the consequences. Either way, moaning about it will harvest you very few sympathetic responses. (So I had a sneaky giggle reading this.)

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

This is scandalous - how could a UK vote to end free movement possibly result in ending free movement?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's kind of nobility in voting for something that you believe in, even though it adversely impacts you. Unless of course, you were just too dim to realise the consequences. Either way, moaning about it will harvest you very few sympathetic responses. (So I had a sneaky giggle reading this.)

Thank goodness we don't have any NSC posters who would want to retire to the EU and think that by voting for Brexit, the only difference will be 'a bit of extra paperwork' :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is scandalous - how could a UK vote to end free movement possibly result in ending free movement?

It is certainly amusing that idiot Brits on the Spanish retirement costas are expressing outrage at these difficulties, but this just demonstrates why economic decisions like these shouldn't be made by national referendums. People like in that artice or closer to home (pretty pink fairy is barely capable of stringing two sentences together) - why were they trusted with a national economic decision? This whole mess is entirely down to the Conservatives who would never see power again if there was a fair voting system in place.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

[TWEET]654934442549620736[/TWEET]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

A woman who used to work with me quit her job a year or so back to retire with her husband to Spain. She came back with the hubby for 3 weeks before crimbo and popped in to the shop for a catch up. She said the Spanish authorities have mostly been incredibly understanding and supportive by advising what paperwork had to be updated in order to stay in Spain.Yes, you have to get various permits and authorisations such as pass a Spanish driving test to get a Spanish licence get pet Passports etc but she said they have tried to make things as easy as poss.

She has heard though of some standouts moaning about having to take a Spanish Driving test and thinks its hilarious that they thought they had some kind of higher standing than to have to comply with Spanish rules.

Jan 30, 2008
It is certainly amusing that idiot Brits on the Spanish retirement costas are expressing outrage at these difficulties, but this just demonstrates why economic decisions like these shouldn't be made by national referendums. People like in that artice or closer to home (pretty pink fairy is barely capable of stringing two sentences together) - why were they trusted with a national economic decision? This whole mess is entirely down to the Conservatives who would never see power again if there was a fair voting system in place.

Hey Simster a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

To be fair he keeps trying.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hey Simster a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
Regards
DF
Your constant inability to engage demonstrates my point perfectly - your contribution to this thread is entirely made up of sneering using no more than 2 sentences.

It saddens me that our government of the day cares so little about the people that morons like you were expected to make such a key economic decision and as such, it is absolutely shameful you were ever asked to do so.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your constant inability to engage demonstrates my point perfectly - your contribution to this thread is entirely made up of sneering using no more than 2 sentences.

It saddens me that our government of the day cares so little about the people that morons like you were expected to make such a key economic decision and as such, it is absolutely shameful you were ever asked to do so.

I'm honestly not sure that the Scrounging, Anti-Semitic, Racist, Homophobic, Glorifyer of football violence, Holocaust denying, Nazi apologist, trolling **** is capable of choosing the right way to sit on a toilet seat. It's frightening isn't it :shootself

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting thought.... and what effect would such rule changes have on the number of road accidents/fatalities in both the UK and the EU? This might turn out to be a pyrrhic victory...

UK roads will be less safe. Certainly no need for EU trucks (there are many) to worry about SPECS camera in motorway roadworks, infact no need to worry about any enforcement cameras

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And back on topic. I really can't imagine why some posters constantly try to drag this thread off topic.

Exclusive: City of London boss says financial services overlooked in Brexit talks

City of London Corporation boss Catherine McGuinness has hit out at Boris Johnson’s government for taking financial services for granted and overlooking the City of London during the last two years of Brexit talks.The UK’s financial services sector has lost its pre-Brexit level of access to EU markets and its passporting rights.

“Particularly in the last few months we’ve had this sense that fish and other parts of the economy that are really tiny in comparison have captured much more of the imagination than this really major part of the economy,” McGuinness said.

This has forced major UK-based banks to move more than £1 trillion of assets and thousands of jobs to EU financial capitals to avoid disruption.

The only way the City of London can maintain its pre-Brexit access to the EU is if Brussels unilaterally grants regulatory equivalence, however the bloc believes the UK is destined to diverge from its financial services regulations and has withheld the designation.

https://www.cityam.com/exclusive-city-of-london-boss-says-financial-services-overlooked-in-brexit-talks/

I wonder what sort of 'deal' could have been achieved if the Government actually understood what they were negotiating ???

Share trading in EU shares lost, then derivatives, then foreign exchange, its all coming.....

Any estimates of tax losses in this area? Will the 25% extra fish in 5 years or the impact of the Japan FTA plug the gap?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here