Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good to see the same old faces putting on a whole hearted defence of Brexit whilst the country grinds to a halt.

In the some ways thing the French have done us a favour exercising their sovereignty as closing the border. Its a little reminder of what lies ahead deal or no deal and how unprepared we are.

What more could be 24 hour PCR tests for all freight traffic, that's the sort of thing that happens with 3rd countries.

More fuel on the skip fire of Brexit, Johnson best be nice to Macron (no racist jokes please)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
In the some ways thing the French have done us a favour exercising their sovereignty as closing the border. Its a little reminder of what lies ahead deal or no deal and how unprepared we are.

What more could be 24 hour PCR tests for all freight traffic, that's the sort of thing that happens with 3rd countries.

More fuel on the skip fire of Brexit, Johnson best be nice to Macron (no racist jokes please)

no, no, no. Pretty sure you need to leave the EU to control your borders?

France cannot simply close the border, they are "ruled" by the EU, oh hang on....

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
How hard is it to control your borders when you're surrounded by the ****ing sea. If you are incompetent, I'm guessing pretty hard

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Any chance we can have the stats for December or will that take to long [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edit I better give you a virtual [emoji106] as I don’t have the facility on tappatalk, we all know the old rascal loves a thumbs up[emoji6]

Sometimes someone says something so stupid it's impossible to ignore. And it's not a matter of time, it's simple matter of ability

December 'stats'

Posts by 'Chicken Run' - 287
Posts by 'Is it POTG?' - 261
Posts by 'JC Footy Genius' -109

Posts by WATFORD zero - 175

Yet I'm the one who is retired and should 'get a life' :lolol:

And no, I didn't count them, it's the Internet. It's digital :facepalm:

And yes, I do realise I'm not helping your condition by responding to your desperate cries for attention so :bigwave:

Anyway, back to the point of the thread

[Tweet]1341075098929930240[/Tweet]

And, for the hard of thinking, it's not me he's laughing at :wink:

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Sometimes someone says something so stupid it's impossible to ignore. And it's not a matter of time, it's simple matter of ability

December 'stats'

And yes, I do realise I'm not helping your condition by responding to your desperate cries for attention so :bigwave:

Hooray he’s back whatabouting again I knew you haven’t got the minerals to ignore me you Wally [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

December 'stats'

Hugz at Christmas GAP tenor.gif

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Doomscrolling (or doomsurfing) is the act of consuming an endless procession of negative online news, to the detriment of the scroller's mental wellness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomscrolling

delusional
/dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
based on or having faulty judgement; mistaken.
"their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

December 'stats'

WTO terms "more than satisfactory", again its not quite what Vote Leave promised was possible in these sunny uplands we are about to discover...

Capture.JPG

The exam paper will shortly be marked

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Maybe if all the anti-Brexit lot - Labour and Lib Dem - in Parliament hadn't based their policies on hindering May's government in the forlorn hope that somehow they could pretend the referendum never happened and Brexit would go away they could have had the much softer Brexit deal they are now wishing for.
They too are the ones who can reap what they have sown.
They can own it too (but they won't).
I don’t want to derail the thread, but May formed a government on the basis of a working majority - so shouldn’t have mattered how the other party MPs voted - she also had a chunk of Labour MPs backing her don’t forget. People do form these strange narratives - the main split was her own party.

(trying to drag it where it belongs) only narrative that matters is some remainers couldnt bear accepting the result and so wouldnt accept any compromise. i chime in because i was reminded the other day the pro-european TIGgers voted with the government against Clarke's custom union option. had they, along with Liberals and abstaining SNP backed the plan that would have carried with a significant majority. parliament decided not to back a practical way forward and so they all take responsibility.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
(trying to drag it where it belongs) only narrative that matters is some remainers couldnt bear accepting the result and so wouldnt accept any compromise. i chime in because i was reminded the other day the pro-european TIGgers voted with the government against Clarke's custom union option. had they, along with Liberals and abstaining SNP backed the plan that would have carried with a significant majority. parliament decided not to back a practical way forward and so they all take responsibility.

[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
Lib Dems and SNP both campaigned on opposing the referendum and staying in the EU. None of their MPs could or should have voted for May's deal if they wanted to keep to their election promises. They voted on the ticket that got them elected.

Labour campaigned on a soft Brexit, stay in the single market and customs union. May's deal didn't deliver that. Even so, many Labour MPs did vote for May's deal.

Conservatives were elected and campaigned pretty much on the deal May presented. It wasn't just 'some' Tory rebels, it was 118 on the first vote, 75 on the second.

If anyone should own the WHOLE of Brexit it is the Tory Party lock stock and barrel from start to finish.

...to add...

Sorry [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION] - the only thing that empowered Parliament was the government failing to back it's own deal. The hardline Tories that wanted their cake with a cherry on top only had to support the deal they were elected on. By reducing their own majority with such huge numbers, Parliament took power away from government - that happened for one reason alone - Tory MPs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here