Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Have we done an FTA with NZ yet, wasn't this the one that could be done over a cup of tea at the British Embassy in Wellington?

The easiest of easiest deals in history.

Apparently started talking in 2016 and there have been 4 weeks of formal negotiation meetings alongside ongoing dialogue, nothing until some point in 2021.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm afraid that isn't true.

What has been achieved on this thread is that every single reason posted for supporting Brexit has been systematically and analytically taken apart piece by piece on this thread using facts and knowledge that have become even more clear and obvious over the 4.5 year existence of this thread.

Immigration, EU citizens taking UK benefits, The Financial benefits of independence, Opening up new Trading opportunities with the rest of the world, Maintaining sovereignty, taking back control, EU Regulations and Bureaucracy, Saving the money we send to the EU, maintaining Welfare standards, etc etc, every single case put up has been addressed and shown to be incorrect and often downright lies from senior politicians, using simple facts.

Now I can accept that there is a whole load of S*** to trawl through, an awful lot of childish name calling, insults, trolling etc from a surprisingly small number of accounts belonging to an even smaller number of posters (I think a few thread bans a few years ago would have simply resolved that - bloody Mods :wink:), but all the facts about every aspect of Brexit are on this thread. Coincidentally, as the reasons for supporting Brexit were gradually taken apart, so the incidence of trolling, insults etc increased. I can't imagine why.

As has been proven countless times, it is also a record of what certain posters have said/believed/done, when they later claim to have said/believed/done something completely different, so it has kept people honest (or, at the very least, forced them to set up a new account if they wanted to continue lying).

So, all in all, a force for good. Honesty, Integrity and Education :wink:

And it can be quite an amusing diversion to see what was being put forward as the benefits of Brexit, 2,3 and 4.5 years ago, given what has become so blatantly obvious in the meantime :lolol:

Merry Christmas to you GAP.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
One things certain Nick is that you’ll be here all day copy and pasting what other people have to say on the matter, no substance from you just rhetoric [emoji23][emoji6]

I'd rather keep opinions to myself, just facts from me...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Very true, here we are still waiting for a discernable specific gain from leaving the EU.... and we will be waiting some time, probably 50 years according to Mogg.

The British establishment will do very well, the hard workers are ****ed. Classic. God bless the Queen

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The British establishment will do very well, the hard workers are ****ed. Classic. God bless the Queen

..and so will Farage, the establishment guy who made his fortune by claiming to be an ordinary fella 'standing up for the little man' and taking on the establishment.

You really couldn't make it up.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
..and so will Farage, the establishment guy who made his fortune by claiming to be an ordinary guy 'standing up for the little man' and taking on the establishment.

You really couldn't make it up.

Farage....you cant make it up....and yet they still believe whilst he is in the States lording it up

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Still editing my posts and then answering your edited version, I see. Old habits eh :wink:

View attachment 131412

As it said in the unedited version of my post.

How do we negotiate with and democratically elect to this body, which is going to be defining all these rules governing the way Britain does it's international business, (if we don't fold and agree to the EU doing it), because that is all important to the Brexit supporters, apparently :facepalm:

And, with your latest bout of idiocy, I'm really not going to feed your attention seeking multiple personality disorder any more. It's a waste of my time and I really don't think it's doing you any good. Try and get off NSC and out more, it's sunny out there :bigwave:

I replied to the part that was a response to me, not my fault I managed to do it before one of your world famous edits changed your own post.
Congratulations though for posting something stupid again then having a hissy when you realise you don’t know what you are talking about, then no longer want to talk about it and then waffling about irrelevant nonsense whilst trying to shoehorn in whatever your latest conspiracy is.
How is the not responding working out for you, apart from badly?

So every trade agreement you sign involves, by default, some level of surrender of sovereignty. Rather a blow to the "it's all about sovereignty" side of the pro-Brexit camp, isn't it?

Not a blow to the wanting to return sovereign powers back to the UK from the EU argument at all.
Hope you are not one of these crackpots that thinks there is some sort of equivalence of levels of sovereignty between EU and WTO membership. That one never gets old.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not a single person on either side has achieved anything whatsoever on this thread over the years, nor will they for as long as it exists.

Hope that helps.

I have learned a lot on this thread, and I am sure others have too.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I replied to the part that was a response to me, not my fault I managed to do it before one of your world famous edits changed your own post.
Congratulations though for posting something stupid again then having a hissy when you realise you don’t know what you are talking about, then no longer want to talk about it and then waffling about irrelevant nonsense whilst trying to shoehorn in whatever your latest conspiracy is.
How is the not responding working out for you, apart from badly?

Not a blow to the wanting to return sovereign powers back to the UK from the EU argument at all.
Hope you are not one of these crackpots that thinks there is some sort of equivalence of levels of sovereignty between EU and WTO membership. That one never gets old.

WZ imho is a good guy who’s clearly passionate about the cause bless him, I have more of an issue with the others on this thread who cling to his every word like pilot fish who follow the shark [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

WTO or bust? Its only a matter of time until Boris caves. He will wrap it up as best he van for his brexit fanatics bit we all know its a bit shit

Jan 30, 2008
WZ imho is a good guy who’s clearly passionate about the cause bless him, I have more of an issue with the others on this thread who cling to his every word like pilot fish who follow the shark [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

More like the child catcher from chitty chitty bang bang :)

Regards
DF

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like the continuity deal with our 38th biggest trade partner (Mexico)

More of a 0-0 draw than a win, but a point is a point

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
GBP / USD just hit 1.35 for first time since April 2018, is something finally happening?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
GBP / USD just hit 1.35 for first time since April 2018, is something finally happening?
"All the bankers gettin' sweaty beneath their white collars
As the pound in our pocket turns into a dollar

This is the 51st state of the U.S.A.
This is the 51st state of the U.S.A.
This is the 51st state of the U.S.A."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here