Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not a single person on either side has achieved anything whatsoever on this thread over the years, nor will they for as long as it exists.

Hope that helps.

I'm afraid that isn't true.

What has been achieved on this thread is that every single reason posted for supporting Brexit has been systematically and analytically taken apart piece by piece on this thread using facts and knowledge that have become even more clear and obvious over the 4.5 year existence of this thread.

Immigration, EU citizens taking UK benefits, The Financial benefits of independence, Opening up new Trading opportunities with the rest of the world, Maintaining sovereignty, taking back control, EU Regulations and Bureaucracy, Saving the money we send to the EU, maintaining Welfare standards, etc etc, every single case put up has been addressed and shown to be incorrect and often downright lies from senior politicians, using simple facts.

Now I can accept that there is a whole load of S*** to trawl through, an awful lot of childish name calling, insults, trolling etc from a surprisingly small number of accounts belonging to an even smaller number of posters (I think a few thread bans a few years ago would have simply resolved that - bloody Mods :wink:), but all the facts about every aspect of Brexit are on this thread. Coincidentally, as the reasons for supporting Brexit were gradually taken apart, so the incidence of trolling, insults etc increased. I can't imagine why.

As has been proven countless times, it is also a record of what certain posters have said/believed/done, when they later claim to have said/believed/done something completely different, so it has kept people honest (or, at the very least, forced them to set up a new account if they wanted to continue lying).

So, all in all, a force for good. Honesty, Integrity and Education :wink:

And it can be quite an amusing diversion to see what was being put forward as the benefits of Brexit, 2,3 and 4.5 years ago, given what has become so blatantly obvious in the meantime :lolol:

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Jan 30, 2008

What has been achieved on this thread is that every single reason posted for supporting Brexit has been systematically and analytically taken apart piece by piece on this thread using facts and knowledge that have become even more clear and obvious over the 4.5 year existence of this thread.

Immigration, EU citizens taking UK benefits, The Financial benefits of independence, Opening up new Trading opportunities with the rest of the world, Maintaining sovereignty, taking back control, EU Regulations and Bureaucracy, Saving the money we send to the EU, maintaining Welfare standards, etc etc, every single case put up has been addressed and shown to be incorrect and often downright lies from senior politicians, using simple facts.

Now I can accept that there is a whole load of S*** to trawl through, an awful lot of childish name calling, insults, trolling etc from a surprisingly small number of accounts belonging to an even smaller number of posters (I think a few thread bans a few years ago would have simply resolved that - bloody Mods :wink:), but all the facts about every aspect of Brexit are on this thread. Coincidentally, as the reasons for supporting Brexit were gradually taken apart, so the incidence of trolling, insults etc increased. I can't imagine why.

As has been proven countless times, it is also a record of what certain posters said/believed/done, when they later claim to have said/believed/done something completely different, so it has kept people honest (or, at the very least, forced them to set up a new account if they wanted to continue lying).

So, all in all, a force for good :wink:

And it can be quite an amusing diversion to see what was being put forward as the benefits of Brexit, 2,3 and 4.5 years ago, given what has become so blatantly obvious in the meantime :lolol:

And yet we left the EU and will be leaving the customs union and the single market Who could have seen that happening :whistle:
Regards
DF

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

As has been proven countless times, it is also a record of what certain posters have said/believed/done, when they later claim to have said/believed/done something completely different, so it has kept people honest (or, at the very least, forced them to set up a new account if they wanted to continue lying).

And all of this just so that a few remainers who equally have a number of main accounts they want to protect ( you know who you are) can chuck a large portion of I told you so at a few people( your words)who couldn’t give less of shit, bravo [emoji122] you’ve changed nothing, save the fact that there are a number of posters on NSC who as a result of your obsession think you’re a bit tiresome who pre Brexit didn’t [emoji6]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The UK ****ed NZ over when it joined the EU all those years ago, not sure there is much sympathy from those over there with long memories

Have we done an FTA with NZ yet, wasn't this the one that could be done over a cup of tea at the British Embassy in Wellington?

The easiest of easiest deals in history.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Have we done an FTA with NZ yet, wasn't this the one that could be done over a cup of tea at the British Embassy in Wellington?

The easiest of easiest deals in history.

Is that where we can sell all our lamb that we won't be selling to the EU.

Oh.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Think this post has hit a bit of a raw nerve with several posters on here

Its been quite an evolution watching the benefits of Brexit evaporate together with 90% of leave posters. If it does go No Deal I expect a few cameo appearances..

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It's both a bit sad but also quite funny that you actually really believe that's true.

Getting back to reality the only thing we have probably all collectively achieved is identifying fellow supporters that we would least like to share a pint with if talking politics...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Given that we have left, what's your theory as to why some continue to question the intentions and wishes of those wanting to leave?

Better to move on and get on with life? :shrug:

Good question. I've kind of given up questioning those intentions (a dialogue of he deaf, I think we'd all agree) but I do think it's worth pointing out some of the consequences of these intentions, especially when on an almost daily basis for the last few years it transpires that these consequences are dire. This doesn't preclude getting on with life; it just means that the lives we all will be getting on with will be rather diminished.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And it can be quite an amusing diversion to see what was being put forward as the benefits of Brexit, 2,3 and 4.5 years ago, given what has become so blatantly obvious in the meantime [emoji38]ol:
Very true, here we are still waiting for a discernable specific gain from leaving the EU.... and we will be waiting some time, probably 50 years according to Mogg.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Very true, here we are still waiting for a discernable specific gain from leaving the EU.... and we will be waiting some time, probably 50 years according to Mogg.

Gains? Tax havens will be safe from EU regulations.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Think this post has hit a bit of a raw nerve with several posters on here

Its been quite an evolution watching the benefits of Brexit evaporate together with 90% of leave posters. If it does go No Deal I expect a few cameo appearances..

One things certain Nick is that you’ll be here all day copy and pasting what other people have to say on the matter, no substance from you just rhetoric [emoji23][emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here