Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
So every trade agreement you sign involves, by default, some level of surrender of sovereignty. Rather a blow to the "it's all about sovereignty" side of the pro-Brexit camp, isn't it?

Come on be honest you've spent over four years on this thread moaning and groaning , tell us what you've achieved :whistle:
Regards
DF

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1608025480018.jpg
    FB_IMG_1608025480018.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 67

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I agree that the Title, "The Governments Brexit Contract with the British People" could mislead some people into thinking it was Government published, however, whats on the list that had not been promised by Vote Leave or this Government?

That was always the problem with Brexit, when you write it down it all falls apart.

Vote Leave had to break rules, tell lies and enter into a lose alliance with a pressure group to do the more racist heavy lifting. Without this model they would never have never won

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm curious how do Brexiters feel about signing up to the Paris Climate agreement? What about joining the WTO?

Surely, we should opt out of both of we are going to be a truly sovereign power?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This was from the New Zealand Herald a few months ago, still on the nose

View attachment 131419

If there is No Deal the country that in the EU that will take the economic hardest hit will be Ireland. Time for Johnson to wake up and smell the coffee...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems like Boris has blinked first :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And what exactly have you achieved on this thread over the years ?
Regards
DF

:hilton:

Just playing the facts back ppf. Your Brexit government has done worse, killed many people through ineptitude and getting roasted on a new deal having lied through the referendum and beyond. Its a government of the dunces for the dunces

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And what exactly have you achieved on this thread over the years ?
Regards
DF

Not only are we having your cake and eating it, looks like we will have your fish as well :thumbsup:

:lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not just half the Conservative party that don't understand basic international trade. There hasn't been a Brexit supporter on this thread in 4.5 years that has the first clue :shrug:

They don't want to adopt any other standards as apparently that is 'giving away sovereignty', hence the impasse with the EU until Johnson miraculously backs down on the Level playing field. But next thing, I bet they will be claiming that adhering to 3rd party standards from some body of 'unelected loons' would be just what Britain needs.

Ooops

As if chucking these in amongst a few completely meaningless terms was going to hide them :facepalm:

(And I know i said I wasn't going to respond to him under any of his various guises, but sometimes like Ppf, it is just too ridiculous not to highlight)

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Who elects the WTO? Talking of surrending sovereignty, when do we chuck out NATO?
As you have rightly pointed out, every treaty or agreement has mutual standards. No one nation in the world is truly independent.

Jan 30, 2008
:hilton:

Just playing the facts back ppf. Your Brexit government has done worse, killed many people through ineptitude and getting roasted on a new deal having lied through the referendum and beyond. Its a government of the dunces for the dunces

So you haven't achieved anything , thanks for your honesty
Regards
DF

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Who elects the WTO? Talking of surrending sovereignty, when do we chuck out NATO?
As you have rightly pointed out, every treaty or agreement has mutual standards. No one nation in the world is truly independent.

This whole shoddy implementation of the current version of Brexit has been to be as obnoxious to the rest of the world as possible.

There is no international organisation that this rabble won't stick 2 fingers up to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here