Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Nothing yet, we haven't properly left until Jan. But personally, I'm sceptical that "the easiest deal in the world" will prove nothing of the sort, we'll leave with no deal and just as Covid19 has decimated the economy and we need all the help we can get, we'll have made it even more difficult.

Is that your definition of "wetting" themselves? Only I've barely contributed to this thread for months because it is pointless debating with ignorant thickies like you. None of us change our minds, but it is sometimes interesting to at least see the other person's PoV. Sadly, you in particular are too stupid to put together a single coherent argument. You have the debating skills of a toddler.

I'll cut you some slack simster as you of all people have been one of the bitterest deniers of
leaving the EU
I'll leave the arguing to the usual suspects, fill your boots
Regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cornwall voted leave and staycationing have their tourist industry a massive boost that other industries didn't get.

I don't see why they should get any more support than anyone else.

Sent from my Nokia 2.3 using Tapatalk
Agreed. In the future they might find they get more UK tourists as foreign travel could get complicated and expensive. That should help the coffers. At least Cornwall is going to be better off than the Welsh Sheep farmers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Were the voters of Cornwall fully aware they would lose EU funding and the government wouldn't plug the shortfall in 2016?

You'd think the portion of taxes paid which go to towards EU membership, albeit miniscule, they would get that back at least?
I think the people of Cornwall assumed they would be better off by leaving the EU and trusting the pro leave group that they couldn't end up worse off.

Just another few months before the last few pro Leave promises fall apart.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think the people of Cornwall assumed they would be better off by leaving the EU and trusting the pro leave group that they couldn't end up worse off.

Just another few months before the last few pro Leave promises fall apart.

Cornwall is an odd place. Largely reliant on tourism, but absolutely detest people from coming outside of Cornwall to live and disrupt their way of life...then panic when they don't get people coming in as their local economy tanks.

It's like a micro-Brexit.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Was reading about the bridge being built by the EU (by China!) in Croatia. Amazing project. Would never be reported here, after all, how many people knew the Cornwall received EU grants until the point they lost the funding and are now begging the government for a handout? Everything reported about the EU is 100% negative

https://www.worldhighways.com/wh8/news/croatias-peljesac-bridge-progressing

I know one thing, I would rather be part of something that builds bridges than burns them

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
In keeping with this governments policy of appointing the most useless and unsuitable persons to positions of responsibility, it appears former Australian PM Tony Abbott is in line for a role on the Board of Trade. A man so awful, his own (very misnamed) Liberal Party dumped him after two years. The same Tony Abbott who when on a visit to Afghanistan to meet with troops, when being informed of a soldiers death that day responded with 'shit happens.' Climate change denier, religious zealot & all round nasty piece of work, he appears a perfect fit for the current bunch of mobsters.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...tipped-for-post-brexit-uk-trade-advisory-role

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Was reading about the bridge being built by the EU (by China!) in Croatia. Amazing project. Would never be reported here, after all, how many people knew the Cornwall received EU grants until the point they lost the funding and are now begging the government for a handout? Everything reported about the EU is 100% negative

https://www.worldhighways.com/wh8/news/croatias-peljesac-bridge-progressing

I know one thing, I would rather be part of something that builds bridges than burns them

Are you aware of The Belt and Road project ...? It's a way for China to place countries into a situation where they have a debt that they are unable to pay back....no such thing as a free lunch.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Are you aware of The Belt and Road project ...? It's a way for China to place countries into a situation where they have a debt that they are unable to pay back....no such thing as a free lunch.

it does say it's 80% EU funded. I assume the Chinese have particular expertise and machinery for such project

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
it does say it's 80% EU funded. I assume the Chinese have particular expertise and machinery for such project

its nice that the EU have money to spend on essentials like bridges and tunnels ......the chinese have invested 100's of millions in vietnam , sri lanka and more surprisingly south africa .....none of these countries have any hope of paying these loans back .....youre not wrong about their building expertise , they are developing islands in the south china sea at an alarming rate.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
In keeping with this governments policy of appointing the most useless and unsuitable persons to positions of responsibility, it appears former Australian PM Tony Abbott is in line for a role on the Board of Trade. A man so awful, his own (very misnamed) Liberal Party dumped him after two years. The same Tony Abbott who when on a visit to Afghanistan to meet with troops, when being informed of a soldiers death that day responded with 'shit happens.' Climate change denier, religious zealot & all round nasty piece of work, he appears a perfect fit for the current bunch of mobsters.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...tipped-for-post-brexit-uk-trade-advisory-role

Brilliant: https://cdn.theguardian.tv/brightcove/2012/10/9/121009Gillard-16x9.mp4

There's a 15 minute version knocking about on Youtube that is even better.

Jan 30, 2008
the fisheries bill was approved last night and the UK takes back control of its fishing waters,like true patriots Labour the Lib dems and the SNP voted against it, #taking back control
regards
DF

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
the fisheries bill was approved last night and the UK takes back control of its fishing waters,like true patriots Labour the Lib dems and the SNP voted against it, #taking back control
regards
DF

I always think shared resources bring more benefits rather than competing but If the UK is in a more beneficial position as a result then can only be a good thing.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
im glad tony abbott the fourmer australian pm has been brought it to sort out brexit negotiations as it will stop decisions relating to this country being made by unelected FORIEGNERS

Regards

DF

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The port of Rotterdam has been making plans for the impending end of the transition period. Sadly for Brexit Britain, they have a different concept for customs clearance bureaucracy.

Quote: "In 2021, transport to the UK will always begin with a declaration to customs, pre-announced digitally to the terminals. This is mandatory. No digital pre-notification means no access to the terminal."

What this means in practice. The plan of the UK to unilaterally accept all goods after 01/21 with paperwork to be done retrospectively won't work as goods won't be allowed on the ship without the correct paperwork. The EU also has strict rules about what can be exported to third countries, else there'd be nothing to stop people exporting arms, unlicensed drugs or anything else dodgy. Checks are and will be rigid. Outside the single market and customs union there is no such thing as frictionless trade. Similar will of course apply in the opposite direction. Expect a few more Nightingale truck stops and customs centres popping up in Kent and Essex,

Hapy days.....

https://www.hellenicshippingnews.com/the-port-of-rotterdam-is-ready-for-brexit-are-you/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here