Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So you keep telling everyone. But those figures, like the projections for immediate recession and economic meltdown after the vote are made up.

The figures aren't based on projections they estimates are based on what has already happened, could be a bit more, could be a bit less.

Of course this doesn't include consequential losses from companies that have decided to divest from the UK. These will come out in the wash in the years ahead.

Still waiting for what is going to plug the gap in the way of glorious trade deals with countries far away. But if you have any ideas I'm all ears...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Please supply a link or several links, newspaper articles and tweets will do. It's no good making statements about what happened three years ago without putting it into context (which my quotes have been and attributed to the actual person)

You know full well what the remain campaign said would happen if we voted out but as requested ..... https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ole-in-public-finance-if-uk-votes-to-leave-eu

Note the date of the article and the phrase "within weeks of an out vote"

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
I am genuinely interested in listening to the Leavers' opinions and would like to know WHY you think it is better to leave because I cannot see a single advantage. Please give intelligent and reasoned responses.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Illegal, unwanted, warranted. The People's Vote will save the UK.

It will be ugly, but its the only way to break the deadlock.

Capture.JPG

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It will be ugly, but its the only way to break the deadlock.

View attachment 105409

Not going to happen ( the vote that is ). Why do remainers insist on attaching this emotive title of 'Peoples Vote' rather than second referendum ? The first referendum was also a 'Peoples Vote'. Anyway, as demonstrated on here and on Question Time, the likelihood of anyone changing their mind since the first vote is slim. Imagine how remainers will explode if the result came back the same !!!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A few months ago (so forgive my sketchiness) 5-Live were interviewing one of the big-wig football agents.
As an aside they asked him what he'd have done differently over sorting out this Brexit deal.

Everything he said sounded incredibly plausible and completely at odds with how the government has gone about the deal.

His main takeaway was he'd have highlighted the main sticking point, in this case the border, and made that deal.
Whatever and however long it took he'd have made that work for all parties, then used that as the framework for all negotiations going forward.

He felt everything else would have fallen into place because everybody knew exactly where they stood and understood each other well enough to cover all the rest of the give and take.

Instead we've had bravado, fudge, all change, stiff upper lip, arrogance, all change again, now panic.

It's an interesting point he has made as, whatever happens, it is still the elephant in the room. Immediately after the phase 1 negotiations concluded getting on for a year and a half ago I posted

That would be the exact same section that TM tried earlier in the week and was immediately kicked into touch by the DUP then.

There were only ever three options

1/ Hard Border between NI and Ireland
2/ Hard Border between NI and rest of Britain and NI operates under EU rules.
3/ No Hard Border and GB operates under EU rules.

Whatever other waffle is wrapped around it those are the options and we've gone for 3. It's really not that complicated.

It's not about abandoning Brexit, It's about implementing it

Three years on from the referendum and there is not even a suggestion of a solution. All the time this is the case Brexit won't happen.

The latest brilliant suggestion (the backstop) is that we kick it into the long grass for another 2 years and try to leave with no idea whatsoever what to do about this problem. That will make 5 years in total of failing to grasp this single biggest issue with Brexit. How can anybody with a brain cell see this as anything other than complete madness.

Any leave voters had any ideas in the last 3 years what we should do about this one ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You are Bill Murray and I claim my 10 euros !

Answer his question, just give a single advantage. If you do, you might get the prize because no leaver on here has come up with anything tangible despite numerous requests

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I read quotes from George Osborne and Jeremy Corbyn but the vast majority of quotes in that article are from Leavers. Who was supposed to be the official Remain spokesman?

So you missed Osboune saying there would have to be a emergency budget within weeks if we voted out. Maybe I missed said budget ? Or maybe your blue with yellow stars glasses have blinded you to his statement ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Anyway, as demonstrated on here and on Question Time, the likelihood of anyone changing their mind since the first vote is slim. Imagine how remainers will explode if the result came back the same !!!!

Even if nobody at all who voted in the first poll changes their vote (and some may well do, given we now know that Turkey is clearly not joining, we don't share a border with Syria, that there isn't and never was £350m a week for the NHS, that industry and money is hemorrhaging out of the country) then Remain will still win, simply through changing demographics (old voters no longer with us who voted majority Leave, replaced by teenagers voting majority Remain, and through the many, many complacent people who didn't think their vote was needed first time round, getting out and voting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here