Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Parliament will not and can not allow the damage that no-deal would wreak. From your continued childish triumphalism, I take it that you are missing the point, that if EU members exercise their right to block any extension of A50, that the only course of action left is to WITHDRAW it entirely :shrug:

This is of course, the correct answer.

Tbh though, 'yes' would probably have been a valid answer too, in this particular case.

Agree with your general sentiment, but the bad news is that "no deal" is indeed the legal default, without any sort of intervention from the EU and the UK. Yes, May has promised a commons vote on it, but that is irrelevant unless acted upon. i.e. if "no deal" is voted down, something still has to change to avoid it happening, and that is as yet undecided. And in any case, does anyone actually trust May to act if no deal is thrown out? This woman lies and backtracks just about every time she opens her mouth.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Rational?Do you think people like Myself should have their voting rights withdrawn?
You didn’t really like My vote.

You have addressed nothing in my post. Not least because I don’t think you understood any of it. Okay, that’s to be expected and it’s fine. Let me put some of your concerns to rest.

I don’t think any of us were qualified or anywhere near remotely informed enough to vote on an in/out referendum. Not me, nor you, nor anyone.

It really would serve you well to cease this endless repetition of meaningless statement questions such as “you really did not like my vote did you”?
It adds nothing, means nothing, achieves less.

I suppose that since I Started following this thread back in April 2016 Myself and others in the majority have been monstered,called thick,racist,uneducated,loons,we’ve even had some mad woman with a biffer like a homeless Wookiee telling us we were wrong.
Is it to much to ask that the vote of 17.4 million people be respected?This is what the metropolitan elite don’t get, there was two choices in the referendum,Remain or Leave, Leave won and still,nearly 3 years later We’re being told that our vote doesn’t matter,well mine did,it is the only time My vote has ever counted, I live in Worthing you see and You put a blue rosette on a pile of sick and it would get voted in,I’m sorry you don’t value My vote ,I also apologise for not being as educated as yourself but it’s My vote ,not yours.

On our way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Parliament will not and can not allow the damage that no-deal would wreak. From your continued childish triumphalism, I take it that you are missing the point, that if EU members exercise their right to block any extension of A50, that the only course of action left is to WITHDRAW it entirely :shrug:

This is of course, the correct answer.

Tbh though, 'yes' would probably have been a valid answer too, in this particular case.

Bingo! Now we know.

On our way.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I suppose that since I Started following this thread back in April 2016 Myself and others in the majority have been monstered,called thick,racist,uneducated,loons,we’ve even had some mad woman with a biffer like a homeless Wookiee telling us we were wrong.
Is it to much to ask that the vote of 17.4 million people be respected?This is what the metropolitan elite don’t get, there was two choices in the referendum,Remain or Leave, Leave won and still,nearly 3 years later We’re being told that our vote doesn’t matter,well mine did,it is the only time My vote has ever counted, I live in Worthing you see and You put a blue rosette on a pile of sick and it would get voted in,I’m sorry you don’t value My vote ,I also apologise for not being as educated as yourself but it’s My vote ,not yours.

On our way.

You don't really understand things.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Any sentient being can see that suggesting thousands of immigrants will be rocking up in Kent if we vote leave is playing on some peoples fears and prejudices. Especially when The Le Touquet border agreement, which covers the Calais border arrangements, was and is separate to our EU membership (as Cameron well knew). Funnily enough the UK and France have actually updated and strengthened the agreement last year .... despite Brexit. But never mind, you carry on trying to justify using fear of immigrants as a campaign tool, not at all hypocritical, no sireee.

No surprise you can't find any quote of Cummings saying 'it was the bus lie that won it' ... because you know he didn't say it. What he actually said (very easy to find for free) ...

'Pundits and MPs kept saying ‘why isn’t Leave arguing about the economy and living standards’. They did not realise that for millions of people, £350m/NHS was about the economy and living standards – that’s why it was so effective. It was clearly the most effective argument not only with the crucial swing fifth but with almost every demographic.

Even with UKIP voters it was level-pegging with immigration.

Would we have won without immigration? No.

Would we have won without £350m/NHS? All our research and the close result strongly suggests No.'

Amusing that you complain about the leave campaign misleading people when you continually, deliberately, misquote him suggesting he used the term lie. Reducing a series of nuanced views to a handy misleading quote that could fit on the side of a bus … how very vote leave.

Thank you. The confirmation I was looking for. Cummins says that it was the £350m claim that clinched victory at the same time as making no attempt to suggest that it (the claim) was remotely true. In fact, by implication, he accepts that it wasn't. Another word for something that isn't true?

Up until now plenty of Brexiteers have claimed on here that hardly one really believed the bus claim anyway - I think you yourself have suggested it was patronising to suggest they did. What does that Cummins know anyway, eh?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

On our way.

Interesting that you started following this thread a year before you joined NSC in March 2017, yet somehow sat in silence for all that time ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

On our way.

Regards

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In 2017, UK exports to the EU were £274 billion (44% of all UK exports). UK imports from the EU were £341 billion (53% of all UK imports). The share of UK exports accounted for by the EU has fallen over time from 55% in 2006 to 43% in 2016, increasing slightly to 44% in 2017.
https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

The company you work for has an arrangement that it must send all it's product into Europe on Euro pallets.
Great.
Not everybody has the same arrangement because it doesn't have too, because we are all in the EU, it's the customers choice.
Currently any pallet predominately GKN's can also be sent.

No Deal means ALL pallets entering the EU from the UK will have to be EU compliant and checked that they are accordingly.

The companies that currently don't have to use EU compliant pallets, because they are in the EU and therefore EU compliant, will require EU compliant pallets of which the UK doesn't have nearly enough because it is reliant on ALL pallets being compliant.

I take it as you've reverted back to snidey you now understand but don't want to admit it

Oh and I had no idea this was a thing until 2 days ago.
Nobody did.
Although I'm pretty sure there are a couple of thousand yard boys, leaning on brooms, chatting to drivers who have known for months that was a potential thing.

What a shambles.

No I don't I only know how to unload the feckers, by hand, when it's packed with barely an inch to spare.

Defra were aware at least as early as October last year of the requirement, but assumed we have the capability to produce enough in the UK, the industry was not so confident, and it appears DEFRA are not either now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Bingo! Now we know.

So you've only just realised that the only option Britain has without agreement from the EU is to withdraw A50 entirely ?

So, still don't know what you voted for.

And, as pointed out by vegster, you've been following this thread for a year before you joined NSC.

Easily confused, doesn't understand what's going on and repeating same tired old cliches.

You don't happen to go drinking with Bryan Robson and drive a forklift do you ?

Bingo! Now we know.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rational?Do you think people like Myself should have their voting rights withdrawn?
You didn’t really like My vote.

On our way

I think you should think, more importantly, think critically, if you didn't swallow so much bullshit, you would be spitting less of it out now.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
So you've only just realised that the only option Britain has without agreement from the EU is to withdraw A50 entirely ?

So, still don't know what you voted for.

And, as pointed out by vegster, you've been following this thread since a year before you joined.

Easily confused, doesn't understand what's going on and repeating same tired old cliches.

You don't happen to go drinking with Bryan Robson and drive a forklift do you ?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

So the world only begins when someone joins NSC?Always been a follower of NSC sInce the early days,nice bit of stalking though,I like to create interest.

On our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So the world only begins when someone joins NSC?Always been a follower of NSC sInce the early days,nice bit of stalking though,I like to create interest.

I think the only fleeting interest is who's second account you are ?

I would guess one of the leavers that was very vocal on this thread, got proven wrong so many times that it became an embarrassment and decided to stop making an idiot of themselves on such a regular basis. They then couldn't resist posting something on this thread and so had to set up a new account to make an idiot of themselves again.

I don't think I have narrowed it down much from quite a large field :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

On our way.

Easiest bit of stalking ever, join date 3 inches away from your stated date in the post. No need for Cambridge Analytica

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

On our way.

Your join date is under your name, more noticing what is in front of your face than stalking

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Less than a month to go now until our currently scheduled leave date and it's telling I haven't heard anyone make a positive case for the need to leave for some considerable time now. Does this mean even the Leavers are now cottoning on to the fact it's starting to look like the grass isn't greener?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Less than a month to go now until our currently scheduled leave date and it's telling I haven't heard anyone make a positive case for the need to leave for some considerable time now. Does this mean even the Leavers are now cottoning on to the fact it's starting to look like the grass isn't greener?
After being indoctrinated by the *no deal is better than a bad deal* rubbish for 2 years, reality has now steamrolled that fallacy.

Sure, a good deal could have some merit to it - but that isn't where we'll be any time soon, it seems.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

For some time, the main reason given by leavers for pressing ahead is the 52% majority, which likely no longer exists either. Sunlit uplands are long gone, now there is just some desire to prove how tough we are and show we can cope with hardship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here