Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Non - Binding though, May can, and will ignore that.

I know. It's as pointless as the Brady amendment that's just gone through. We're heading for limbo now and international pariah status with no deal unless the Withdrawal Agreement does get passed.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Laura Kuenssberg

Verified account

@bbclaurak
46s46 seconds ago
More
Immediate response from Tusk - ' Withdrawal agreement is and remains the best and only way to ensure an orderly withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. The backstop is part of the Withdrawal Agreement, and the Withdrawal Agreement is not open for re-negotiation'

that took long.

more can kicking by MPs and trying to plant the blame on the EU

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
All the amendments tonight were largely tokenistic as there isn't technically anything worth amending, this was a testing of the water. The crunch stuff comes in two weeks time, and it's likely the same amendments will come back with a few more focused minds.

I agree with Krishnan;

[TWEET]1090342905401745408[/TWEET]

[TWEET]1090360509302476802[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its clear HOC won't tolerate no deal, confirms what we already knew

A lot happened tonight but nothing has changed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep getting the Brexit thread back to the top will definitely lighten the mood on here tonight. :lol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A shot across the bow only.
59 days to go.

Looks like May’s deal or WTO.

I’m stock piling Iceberg lettuce just in case the world ends on 29th March...

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least have decent lettuce with your balsamic!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1090373079723896836[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thing is, if EU really are going to dig in and make no compromise at all, that seems to make No deal very much more likely. i will never understand how we came to this point, where the side in strength insist on (A) to prevent (B), in doing so making (B) more likely. i hope they are more sensibable about it when it comes to next discussions.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Just like the referendum, but hey, look where that got us.

Just like the referendum? Oh you mean the one where ALL the parties stated categorically that they would abide by the vote, and the one which both Labour and Conservatives said they would honour in their election manifesto? Oh that........:shootself

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
BrExit - the countdown to 11PM GMT on Friday 29th of March 2019

I hope they are more sensibable about it when it comes to next discussions.

I imagine we’ll be in exactly the same position in two weeks. May will go back to the EU and attempt to blackmail them with no deal once again, her issue here is that the Parliament have voted against it.

Clearly remain and the 2nd referendum are now dead in the water after the indicative votes yesterday.

The solution is obviously Norway+ but Corbyn’s cloud cuckoo red lines mean that it’s going to be very difficult getting there.

The Northern Ireland question is almost impossible to resolve without us being part of the common market and customs union.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
thing is, if EU really are going to dig in and make no compromise at all, that seems to make No deal very much more likely. i will never understand how we came to this point, where the side in strength insist on (A) to prevent (B), in doing so making (B) more likely. i hope they are more sensibable about it when it comes to next discussions.

Its quite simple we can't have our cake and eat it, TM's crazy red lines were never going to be compatible with the unique make up of the UK and our Brexit fantasies

I'm afraid when push comes to shove, the future and stability of 450m people across 27 countries will prevail over ride that of 60m people.

Economically No deal will damage Europe probably as much it will be damage the UK, but there are 27 of them to share the pain and lets face it they don't need to stockpile supplies.

Then there's the very future of the UK itself, anyone who saw the reaction of Argus Robertson last night to the Tories basically threatening to tear up the GFA just gives you a hint of the turmoil that lies ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here