Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leavers should boycott a second vote says their cheerleader.

[tweet]1076081081097564161[/tweet]

I have heard some of the more rancid leave supporters say that if there is a second referendum they would never bother voting at all ever again, which for me, is another good reason to have one.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I would never have guessed,to be honest.I thought you were fixated on Dover.

A £250m a day cost to the UK economy back in 2015 justifies any fixation on it frankly, but it's far closer to home and critical to the South East than the no deal problems at Immingham, Fishguard, East Midlands Airport etc, but unlike 2015 the problems wont be confined to just Dover.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quote I voted Brexit and now want to retire to Spain :facepalm:

[tweet]1076096196932968448[/tweet]

PS Iain Dale is wrong, and this bloke's lawyer is right about Freedom of Movement.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

PS Iain Dale is wrong, and this bloke's lawyer is right about Freedom of Movement.

Credit to him for admitting he was wrong, wrong for him, wrong for his kids, wrong for his grand kids...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

After we leave the days of the non-very-rich retiring to Spain are long gone.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Anyway, it's 1700 on 'Mad Friday', so enough of this mad thread and it's mad subject matter for the festive period methinks. 2018 - It's been emotional.

To all fellow NSC Brexit thread regulars - A very Happy Christmas to you all. Eat, drink and be merry and may Albion bag many a point over the festive period too. Have a good one. :thumbsup:

:drink::cheers::albion:

fanseagull

Dec 18, 2018
This is your finest moment Pretty Pink Fairy, creaming yourself over other people's discomfort.
Downhill from March 29th onwards I fear; but no one really knows for sure, not even you, so fill your pink boots now.
Happy Christmas!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have heard some of the more rancid leave supporters say that if there is a second referendum they would never bother voting at all ever again, which for me, is another good reason to have one.

I must be one of those rancid leave voters then because if parliament told us to vote again via a second referendum I would never vote at all ever again either, what would be the frigging point.
Well that’s not entirely true, I would turn up to the polling station at elections and voice my opinion by dumping in the ballot box……not strictly a vote although it might be confused and counted as a affirmative gesture for the lib dems.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is your finest moment Pretty Pink Fairy, creaming yourself over other people's discomfort.
Downhill from March 29th onwards I fear; but no one really knows for sure, not even you, so fill your pink boots now.
Happy Christmas!

When you were thinking about your new username a couple of weeks ago, how long did you think about it after discovering seagullfan was already taken?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I must be one of those rancid leave voters then because if parliament told us to vote again via a second referendum I would never vote at all again either, what would be the frigging point.
Well that’s not entirely true, I would turn up to the polling station at elections and voice my opinion by dumping in the ballot box……not strictly a vote although it might be confused and counted as a affirmative gesture for the lib dems.

Why pick out the Lib Dems? The Greens, Scots Nats, many Labour MPs, quite a few Tory MPs, most Labour Party members and according to some polls a majority of the electorate would all like a vote on the matter now the details are better known. It is almost certain that more people would like a further vote than would like whatever Brexit variety you personally favour. So cheer up - it wouldn't be parliament telling you to vote again, it would be the blessed people.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I must be one of those rancid leave voters then because if parliament told us to vote again via a second referendum I would never vote at all ever again either, what would be the frigging point.

Well, without a second vote, how would we know whether you want TM's deal or 'no deal' ?

I'd worry that if we went for the wrong one, you would have a temper tantrum and never vote again :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here