Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In simple terms, we have been told that the thought of brexit has not affected our economy in any way.

are we? i dont think anyone sensible is saying that, the observation is that the claims of economic doom have failed to come to pass. what you seem to be saying is there are problems in the wider economy anyway and you'll blame anything on Brexit, or anyone else you politically dislike, overlooking the fact that any problems precieved or real have been there before the Brexit vote. when Brexit happens people will blame brexit for their ills, while some will benefit, and the vast majority will business as usual.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Its all a game of tennis. Lets hope we win the footy one tomorrow

I just wonder what the reaction of a leaver would have been to being called a hypocritical moron with blood on his hands. And I was only commented on his grammar!

Never mind. An effortless victory tomorrow will make our lives better.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I just wonder what the reaction of a leaver would have been to being called a hypocritical moron with blood on his hands. And I was only commented on his grammar!

Never mind. An effortless victory tomorrow will make our lives better.

And a new striker come Tuesday will make it all the sweeter

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yawn. That's just a very, very lazy way to try to shut down debate. If in doubt play to the galleries and mention the for the Daily Mail.

Believe it or not, when I wrote that I was making serious efforts not to be more dismissive, not making or intimating the assumption that Biggully only read the Daily Mail.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
After watching the news the other night and seeing the pain on the faces as they admitted that post Brexit was going surprisingly well, coupled with the "experts" of doom being very quiet of late, your prediction, which is again in the future, seems as far off as those "experts" that predicted immediate doom after June 23rd.

I don't know which news you are watching.

Let's see where we are in six month's time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Funny how we keep hearing "Brexit hasn't happened yet", because things are going ok.....so if the "experts" were right then how come it was mean't to be IMMEDIATE carnage/doom/bottom falling out of the economy etc. We were not out of the EU after 23rd June, yet Brexit was to take the full hit when the country plunged....yet it did not.
Now the goalposts are being moved to after we leave.

Things are going OK because of the various experts (that Michael Gove et al rubbished before June 23rd) and the excellent work that they did at the Bank of England and elsewhere.

Take a Bow, Mark Carney.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I was made redundant 30yrs age that was due to Brexit. I've only just realised it. Also the rising Global Oil price is down to Brexit as well and the record low interest rates and,and,and. I remember when the global oil price was over $100 a barrel that was Brexits fault as well. If the remainers can look into the future I can look into the past !!

Now you're just being silly. Fatuous nonsense. As I've just said somewhere else, let's see where we are in six month's time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Now you're just being silly. Fatuous nonsense. As I've just said somewhere else, let's see where we are in six month's time.

Promoted hopefully and at least a very short trip for you once a year,and another seaside trip just down the road too.....

Regards Brexit,hopefully under article 50's exit process..

larus

Things are going OK because of the various experts (that Michael Gove et al rubbished before June 23rd) and the excellent work that they did at the Bank of England and elsewhere.

Take a Bow, Mark Carney.

If that was really true (it's not BTW, it's crap), why didn't he say beforehand that there were measures which they would need to adopt in the event of BREXIT to ensure ARMAGEDDON didn't happen. Strange that not one of these so called experts said that the effects of a BREXIT vote could be mitigated.

So, with repsect, your argument (and anything which these experts now say about the impact of BREXIT) is crap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trump . . . .whether you like what he's doing or not, he's getting on and doing it. The style is unusual . . . but I'm intrigued (and I say that as a habitual labour voting Guardian reader). Is this how Hitler got away with it? Chutzpah? I watch with a cocked eyebrow. Interesting times indeeed . . . .

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Trump . . . .whether you like what he's doing or not, he's getting on and doing it. The style is unusual . . . but I'm intrigued (and I say that as a habitual labour voting Guardian reader). Is this how Hitler got away with it? Chutzpah? I watch with a cocked eyebrow. Interesting times indeeed . . . .

Well I suppose you can say he is one of the few politicians who do what they actually state as an election promise

larus

Economic success is usually built on confidence (assuming that economic policy is sound).
If he talks up the American economy and America buys into it, it will lead to a pick-up in the economy.

If he persuades the multinationals to stop outsourcing jobs to cheaper countries and produce more at home, then this will help. Globalisation hasn't really help the average person much - it suits the elite/large corporations IMO.

If he stops the insane policies of climate change then this will be a benefit to the economy. (No, I'm not a denier, but I am sceptical about climate change and yes, I have done a LOT of reading on the subject).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I suppose you can say he is one of the few politicians who do what they actually state as an election promise

So far . . . . I think the US establishment are still too much in shock to know how to respond. Despite it all . . . . I have had a chuckle about it, torture notwithstanding. How can he get away with that? Becaue he can, so it seems.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here