Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I considered it and realised it would be a waste of time, better than blindly voting like many did.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

you admit to considering your vote,,no doubt weighing up the pros and cons yet couldnt come to a conclusion
bit different from you saying voting is a waste of time, if its a waste of time why did you even bother considering your vote?

you are full of crap

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I considered it and realised it would be a waste of time, better than blindly voting like many did.

The right not to vote holds as much, if not more power than the right to vote. All must be respected.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
you admit to considering your vote,,no doubt weighing up the pros and cons yet couldnt come to a conclusion
bit different from you saying voting is a waste of time, if its a waste of time why did you even bother considering your vote?

you are full of crap

Aww, you should have used the phrase "pretending crap" again. That was brilliant.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

you are full of crap
There are no pros or cons once you've considered it, maybe you'll realise that one day, I stand by my decision not to vote, let's face it look where it's got the rest of you, arguing over if it's even going to go ahead/mean/change anything [emoji23] anyway good luck with everything, hope you get everything you voted for, I highly doubt it though.
I'm out (no pun intended )

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The right not to vote holds as much, if not more power than the right to vote. All must be respected.

Afraid have to disagree with that assertion. If you knew people hadn't voted as a means of protesting about the available options then yes, it could be considered to have some power but I how would you separate the protesting 'non voter' with the apathetic 'non voter'.

I genuinely believe that voting should be compulsory to give election results more credibility but it goes without saying every ballot paper should include the option for 'none of the above'!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
When you say "we", I have had conversations with a number of people over the last 6 months who did not really know what they were voting for in June or who have come to regret it since.

I would hazard a guess that, if the referendum were to be rerun now, the result would be reversed, and fairly comfortably.

Strange analysis, why would it be reversed on the back of current robust economic performance against unsubstantiated forecasts of quite severe and immediate economic hardship, how could a waivering Leave voter feel in a weaker position now than back in June against a waivering Remainer that perhaps felt their own personal circumstance might change nearly immediately and quite significantly, but clearly hasnt ?

Its also worth noting that EU citizens must be examining the consequence of vote Leave here in thre UK and see a comparison of greater growth, greater control of unprecedent levels of immigration and Theresa May seemingly confidently looking globally, I suspect contrary to some unlikely veer towards a strengthening of the Union by the people (not the beaurocrats) it would seem logical for it to be totally the other way.

If hazarding a guess was relevent then my money would be on a greater Leave victory.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Spain wants to start post-Brexit trade talks with Britain as
Spanish government officials want to start negotiating a trade deal with the UK to take effect after Brexit, going against the official position of key negotiators in Brussels.

In an interview with the Financial Times, Spain's foreign minister Alfonso Dastis said that he believes starting trade talks before the full terms of Brexit are agreed would be beneficial to all involved in Britain's divorce from the EU.

"It would actually be good, while we speak about the separation, to also define where we want to be in terms of a new framework [for EU-UK relations]," Dastis told the FT.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I stand by my decision not to vote, let's face it look where it's got the rest of you, arguing over if it's even going to go ahead/mean/change anything [emoji23] anyway good luck with everything, hope you get everything you voted for, I highly doubt it though.
I'm out (no pun intended )

For a bloke who's trying to make out his shit doesn't stink and he's rising above it all, you sure do post a lot in this thread. 227 times, no less. Very odd behaviour for someone who claims he's not interested.

2edw6x3.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know many people who use the phrase 'tatty bye'.

I can't be arsed to find out the context of this but I can't say I know a single person who has ever said this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Taxi for Corbyn?

Shadow Welsh secretary quits over Brexit vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38768383

He wouldn't take a taxi; it would be a bourgeois act of repression; completely against his communist ideals.

He'd probably drive himself once his electric car finished charging and he had finished reading the Grauniad and drinking his soya caffeine-free love tea.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He wouldn't take a taxi; it would be a bourgeois act of repression; completely against his communist ideals.

He'd probably drive himself once his electric car finished charging and he had finished reading the Grauniad and drinking his soya caffeine-free love tea.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here