Brexit has made England team better!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agreed. But as England also won the rugby World Cup and three consecutive Tiddlywinks worldies in 1966, 1969 and 1975. I think we have the evidence. (1972 was, erm, cancelled due to something).
Let us not muddy the waters with minor sports and children's games. The real evidence clearly shows we let the Germans veto any English progress in football tournaments while we were members of the EC/EU but now thanks to taking back control .... football is almost certainly coming home [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sorry, but that's just plain stupid.

You could apply the same formula to almost any UK work place and you would be down to a tiny fraction.

What point is it trying to demonstrate here? All of our players are English - and yes, most of the British population has at least on parents or grandparent born overseas?

It’s the old chestnut that was asked of Indian brits ( born here etc). do you support England when they play India!? Or do you support a foreign country that the only link you have with it is that your grandparents/ parents may have come from

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am really hoping and praying that someone on this thread can show that it has made the England team better.

At least it wouldn't have then been a total, complete and utter clusterf*** in every single aspect :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are you suggesting It isn't?

They must be crying in their cornflakes knowing that since January there have been 6000 migrants cross the Channel on little boats.

Btw. The french stopped a trawler from being hyjacked three days ago in Dunkirk that had around 300 people about to be packed into it! Not reported here, but my french colleagues said it was on the french news

D

Deleted member 2719

This thread will no doubt be removed to the Bear Pit, and perhaps rightly so, but here's what I wrote on the Brexit thread in response to an utterly vacuous comment that Brexit inspired England to win....

'It really takes little time for the Brexit jingoistic nationalists on here to try and claim ownership of any cause for national pride. I suppose it is their way of offsetting those who blame Brexit for everything. Likewise they make laughably pathetic attempts to undermine the patriotism of the rest of us. Anything to change the subject from the thread title....

More importantly they are desperate for a 'win' and try and link their tribal loyalty to any good thing'

Thank you for your confidential endorsement 'Is it Potg?'; I hope you are well and in good humour.....
and thank you to JC Footy Genius. It's rare that you support my views and I appreciate it when it happens. Stay balanced....

How do you and others get jingoistic into everything? So aggressive and uncalled for.
We can all love our country and be proud and if your more proud of another country, you know where Dover is, or perhaps you should blow up a dingy and set sail while it is calm waters.
If you need a pump, I have one, I am even prepared to give you a compass.

Regards seaman stains.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
This was the result of a long term plan to emulate the successful nations like Spain and Germany. I remember the FA having a plan to win the 2022 world underpinned by massive investment on infrastructure like St Georges park, overhaul of coaching and structure through the England Youth teams. As a result we've had significant International success with the youth setup and this is now filtering through to the seniors.

We also overhauled the academy system at club level with the premier league Elite Player Performance Plan. Our academy system is now producing young British players that are more technically proficient than before and there are now continental clubs who are interested in signing young English talent (for example Jadon Sancho and Jude Bellingham), this would have been unheard of 10 years ago.

Sporting success at international level doesn't just happen by chance, you have to lay proper foundations, have a long-term plan and commit significant investment.

So no, nothing to do with Brexit!

Is the correct answer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Are you suggesting It isn't?

I think you will find that Sterling, Saka and probably the majority of the others in the team that are the descendants of immigrants, are result of immigration from outside the EU and even prior to joining the EU more tightly than we originally did (hence having less control over our borders).

So it can be argued that Brexit is actually pro-immigration (from commonweath countries) from outside the EU.

My wife was born outside the UK and came here when she was 11 with her family. My MIL cant even get a visa for her sisters to visit nowadays, yet 40 years ago she got a perminant visa, residency and then citizenship. Zero chance of that when we were in the EU.

MY dad was not born UK and came when we was in his 20's back in the 60s to the UK to find work.

Had we been in the EU to the degree we were at the end, some 50-60 years ago, my dad, my wife and her parents, Sterlings family and probably 3//4 of the Engand team, all would not be here. That image adds 1+1 and gets 3.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
50- 60 years ago we were actively inviting people here from Commonwealth countries, there's arguments both ways with valid reasons depending on which date you put on the standpoint.

The Commonwealth is nothing to do with the EU its a British thing.

Asides which, the graphic makes no mention or assumption that the EU is anything to do with it, it says Immigration.

The sales pitch given for Brexit, particularly from UKIP was extremely nationalistic and vehemently anti immigration. take control, close the borders, kick out foreigners.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
How do you and others get jingoistic into everything? So aggressive and uncalled for.
We can all love our country and be proud and if your more proud of another country, you know where Dover is, or perhaps you should blow up a dingy and set sail while it is calm waters.

Regards seaman stains.

Haha! You still have a sense of humour, albeit an acquired taste. Now you just need someone to acquire it....

You're = you are.

and

Case proven by your infantile response!

Next!

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Attachments

• Escape.PNG
    Escape.PNG
    374.8 KB · Views: 64

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Go on Lever escape now while you can, you are clearly so unhappy with Great Britain.

I will even give you some guidance.

Look you're spoilt for choice.

When I am having so much fun following your puerile posts?

Do you actually know the difference between your Nationalistic values and other people's patriotism?

If you wish away fellow citizens who hold views you dislike, it demonstrates your intolerance....

and bigotry.....

That's not nice. You can do better, I think....

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

When I am having so much fun following your puerile posts?

Do you actually know the difference between your Nationalistic values and other people's patriotism?

If you wish away fellow citizens who hold views you dislike, it demonstrates your intolerance....

and bigotry.....

That's not nice. You can do better, I think....

So can I take it you're not leaving then???

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Regards seaman stains.

I would say that suggesting people that you think don't love this country enough should leave, is jingoistic.
I think having pride about this nation is daft to have, unless you are going to have some shame too. None of this nations achievements, nor it's crimes have anything to do with me, but I have a little of both pride and shame because I am English, British, European, and Human and all of those things that I am one of, have deeds past and present that I can be proud of and ashamed of. As for the football team, I take pride that they take the knee before kick off, take pride if they play well, and I can feel some shame when one of our players takes a dive.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
50- 60 years ago we were actively inviting people here from Commonwealth countries, there's arguments both ways with valid reasons depending on which date you put on the standpoint.

The Commonwealth is nothing to do with the EU its a British thing.

Asides which, the graphic makes no mention or assumption that the EU is anything to do with it, it says Immigration.

The sales pitch given for Brexit, particularly from UKIP was extremely nationalistic and vehemently anti immigration. take control, close the borders, kick out foreigners.

True it was not stated, but that was the inferrance posting it in this Brexit/England thread.

Have to disagree about UKIP 'kicking out foreigners' as part of their manifesto, you make them sound like the BNP which they were/are not. Kicking out 'some' foreigners is different to 'all foreginers' of the BNP. Under the EU laws we couldnt stop convicted rapists from entering the country from EU, yes those foreigners need to be kicked out. Big difference between that and a Polish worker wanting to work delievring Amazon parcels at min wage imo or my mother in law who came here in the 80's to make a better life for her and her 3 kids (and worked as a school cook until she was 70). Brexit gives us the chance to pick and choose who we let in, like it was before we joined.

The original point being, Brexit had sod all to do with the England team winning.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So can I take it you're not leaving then???

Keep it relevant and impersonal Mouldy.....

I don't know you; for all I know you might be a perfectly decent person.

But your opinions are often toxic and generally poorly thought out..... they deserve to be challenged.

Can you keep to the point of the thread?

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I would say that suggesting people that you think don't love this country enough should leave, is jingoistic.
I think having pride about this nation is daft to have, unless you are going to have some shame too. None of this nations achievements, nor it's crimes have anything to do with me, but I have a little of both pride and shame because I am English, British, European, and Human and all of those things that I am one of, have deeds past and present that I can be proud of and ashamed of. As for the football team, I take pride that they take the knee before kick off, take pride if they play well, and I can feel some shame when one of our players takes a dive.

Fair enough.

I hope people will back this country now more than ever, the furlough has propped the country up for long enough. Now it will be fazed out we need British punters, spending what they can within our economy.

Are you in???

D

Deleted member 2719

Keep it relevant and impersonal Mouldy.....

I don't know you; for all I know you might be a perfectly decent person.

But your opinions are often toxic and generally poorly thought out..... they deserve to be challenged.

Can you keep to the point of the thread?

I am pretty decent, I am only nasty if I am cornered.

Attachments

• tenor (7).gif
    tenor (7).gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports