Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit has made England team better!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suppose it's only fair. If some of the most bitter remainers can happily go round blaming Brexit (and/or Boris, the arch-devil and facilitator of said Brexit) for anything and everything that's bad, including Covid, lockdown, the death of Bambi's mother, etc. (OK, I lied about that third one!) then it seems only fair that (presumably) a Brexiteer can make an equally tennuous and fatuous link between Brexit and a success.

Fair's fair, innit...........

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

You're dead right and people think this country is racist.

Just a tiny minority are, so let's hope people start to get real about the situation and don't let it spin around on its head and then fertilise the situation, so the growth goes exponential and we end up returning to the old days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suppose it's only fair. If some of the most bitter remainers can happily go round blaming Brexit (and/or Boris, the arch-devil and facilitator of said Brexit) for anything and everything that's bad, including Covid, lockdown, the death of Bambi's mother, etc. (OK, I lied about that third one!) then it seems only fair that (presumably) a Brexiteer can make an equally tennuous and fatuous link between Brexit and a success.

And the first and second one too, I'll wager :wink:

We have all moved on. It was a long time ago. Nothing to see here. All done and dusted. World beating trade deals. Ulstermen cock-a-hoop. Etc. :whistle:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

You were right the first time, Boris would be in full support of killing Bambi's mum as apparently he finds 'hunting' gives him a stiffy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
EXACTLY... two trophies, both won outside EC/EU membership = debate over

#footballscominghome/takebackcontrol

England only ever win World Cups under Labour governments.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That cover cricket too?

No England only ever win world cups in cricket by embracing multiculturalism (Irish captain, two spinners of Pakistani heritage, West Indian quick)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No England only ever win world cups in cricket by embracing multiculturalism (Irish captain, two spinners of Pakistani heritage, West Indian quick)

There was a beautiful moment in Twitter when Jacob Rees-Mogg posted that England didn't need Europe to win the Cricket World Cup.

You can imagine how he rather wished he'd thought a little more about that one...

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Strictly speaking, we've won the Rugby League World Cup 3 times and none of them were under Labour governments.

No, I don't think there's a connection there either.

There is no such thing as rugby league. Not in my house anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here