Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Box set please

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, this is American but Breaking Bad is one of the very best. Great acting and fantastic story line. Hard to stomach in places and the comedy is very black.

This. Absolutely incredible show watched all 4 series in a month the relationship between the two main characters is great I would seriously recommend. I would really urge the OP to consider the US shows listed on this thread Mad Men and Game of Thrones I would also heartily endorse.

Be brave and try them out!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just watched an episode of Nighty Night. Would recommend it- black comedy and its not from US.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
West Wing WAS brilliant, until Aaron Sorkin got bored. S5 and beyond were pony, I still haven't even watched the last episode of it. I was a MASSIVE WW fan until probably halfway through S4, and then it just seemed to run out of steam :(

Agree that Series 7 onwards was not so good as the earlier ones. Have to think of it as a different show.

DONNA!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Not so much a box set but based on a true story, Roots, first aired in the 70's. Other coffin dodgers on her will remember it

Watched Roots last century and then again more recently. It hadn't lost anything in the intervening years.

How dare you!!! My fave ever program! Along with Prison Break.

Each to their own - I gave up at the start of the third series - same story each time - american intelligence services cock up, bad guys super well organised and Jack Bauer saves the day on his own or is there any variation on this theme later on ?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Bought "Our Friends in the North". Great British political series. Daniel Craig is brilliant in it. Complete opposite to James Bond.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Each to their own - I gave up at the start of the third series - same story each time - american intelligence services cock up, bad guys super well organised and Jack Bauer saves the day on his own or is there any variation on this theme later on ?

Season 3 was the best one for me, although to be honest it did go downhill after that. And no, not much variation either!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I LOVED Spaced when it was on the first time round, but having watched it recently, don't think it's aged at all well. I've still got Blackadder I, II, III and IV on
VHS somewhere, that always kills days at a time

Also, American, but a cross between Downton Abbey/The Godfather and Goodfellas; Boardwalk Empire. Brilliant pacing, well shot, well acted and and well written. I did series 1 and 2 in one week, it's that compelling.

Brilliant series, love Chalky White and Richard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here