Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth / Murray

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My dislike for Eddie Howe goes back to the 9 men game against Burnley, 1st season at the Amex, since then I have never liked him,
I suppose Smarmy would be a better desciption than smug.

It was before that for me, at Withdean the year previously. Remember Symes trying to decapitate Ankergren (actually broke his nose by leaving his boot in) and Sheldrake the referee giving a penalty for an alleged handball outside the area, which was Fletcher not Elphick, and the linesman saying it was a penalty?

It was before that for me, at Withdean the year previously. Remember Symes trying to decapitate Ankergren (actually broke his nose by leaving his boot in) and Sheldrake the referee giving a penalty for an alleged handball outside the area, which was Fletcher not Elphick, and the linesman saying it was a penalty?

How is any of that Eddie Howe's fault?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think gracious is a better word.

I would expect any manager, when interviewed, to back his players, and play down any controversy. I don't expect a manager to get on his knees, sobbing and begging for forgiveness if one of his players has layed the boot in or whatever. Get over it!

And compare him with the various real shitters of managers, out there: Adkins and Colin Wanker being two that spring swiftly to mind. And that foul mouthed Justin Edinborough. By comparison, Howe is positively saintly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't care how ****ing smug EH is... just loan us Muzza please... and thank you...

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not sure a player coming here on say at least double the wages of everybody else in the team, would prove to be a success. We have achieved this season on the basis of team togetherness and I think Murray would endanger that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would expect any manager, when interviewed, to back his players, and play down any controversy. I don't expect a manager to get on his knees, sobbing and begging for forgiveness if one of his players has layed the boot in or whatever. Get over it!

And compare him with the various real shitters of managers, out there: Adkins and Colin Wanker being two that spring swiftly to mind. And that foul mouthed Justin Edinborough. By comparison, Howe is positively saintly.

Where did I compare him to other managers? He treated Bournemouth with contempt when he went to Burnley, stating publicly he wouldn't go, just the night before. It didn't work out for him so he went back. I'm not expecting you, or anyone else, to agree with my opinion of him, but I know of a few that do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It doesn't matter how many strikers we currently have if none of them can score on a regular and consistent basis. Two successive games without a goal for a team pushing for automatic promotion just isn't good enough. Hence we need Murray.

I agree but it doesn't change the point that Hughton would not have 5 in his match day squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where did I compare him to other managers? He treated Bournemouth with contempt when he went to Burnley, stating publicly he wouldn't go, just the night before. It didn't work out for him so he went back. I'm not expecting you, or anyone else, to agree with my opinion of him, but I know of a few that do.

There are some people in life who come across as smug, Howe is one of them. I don't like him at all but accept that he is an excellent manager. I will be very surprised if he lets Murray come to us although I can see him agreeing to a move to another Championship club. I get the impression that he is not very keen on the Albion.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not sure a player coming here on say at least double the wages of everybody else in the team, would prove to be a success. We have achieved this season on the basis of team togetherness and I think Murray would endanger that.
I know what you're saying about team morale, but the other players should respect him. He scored 30 + goals in this division, and has gone on to score against top Premiership teams. Only Bobby has a record to compare, and he is probably in his last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here