Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth / Murray

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He'd rather stay at Bmouth, living in Brighton, I'd imagine. Can see us as the only likely destination IF he goes anywhere. It's been apparent for a while that he wants to come to us - I suspect mainly so he doesn't have to commute to Bmouth 5 or 6 times a week :lol:

I totally agree, but Smug Eddie and Muzza both have to agree with the final destination.
Muzza you imagine would rather come to us, Smuggie would rather have all the wages paid and probably not want us in the Prem with them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paper today has Weds going for him on loan and happy to pay all his wages, that would be the deal sealer I would imagine.

Can we not match that for the remainder of the season only about 8 weeks so no great drain on the finances. As a plus we could make a purchase in the summer a possibility if we get promoted without a full committal to buy him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If Glenn is on (say) £35,000 a week, then if we sign him until the playoffs and pay all the wages it would cost 11 weeks x £35,000 = £385,000.

Promotion is worth a minimum (including parachute payments on a first season relegation) £178,000,000.

Even if we have to pay B'Muff a loan fee there is still merit signing him.............................if Hughton rates him, and that ultimately is what is important.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a no- brainer for all concerned. Bournemouth are safe and don't need him any more, they'll soon have more Prem cash and will look to upgrade on Murray. They won't want an unhappy player on their hands either.

He wants to come to us and if the happens he'll have a chance of gametime in the Prem.

Recent goalless draws against Hull, Preston and Sheff Wed indicate goals is still a problem, while Bobby is playing like he's 50 and the Wilson experiment hasn't happened. A fit Glenn Murray is more likely to score in this division than any of our present strikers.

This is all about the pride of Howe and Bloom and whether Glenn's fitness is up to the job, but what have we to lose? Even Sheff Wed have worked this move out and they're 200 miles further away and below us in the table.

Get the move DONE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could a deal be done in time for him to play against Reading if so get yer fingers out TB and PB please.we need goals Tuesday.and he would be a better option on the bench than BZ or Lua Lua at the moment. Plus Bong back leaving LR as the versatile man on the bench problems solved.Auto here we come

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Could a deal be done in time for him to play against Reading if so get yer fingers out TB and PB please.we need goals Tuesday.and he would be a better option on the bench than BZ or Lua Lua at the moment. Plus Bong back leaving LR as the versatile man on the bench problems solved.Auto here we come

Can't believe I'm reading that - LR on the bench ?

Go and have a word with yourself BG ....

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I don't think Howe would lose face loaning us Murray. His last statement was 6 weeks ago when the situation was different, and I'm sure he would point this out. Also, the Bournemouth board might be interested in saving on the wages of a guy who doesn't even play. If there's a recall clause, everyone's happy!

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
If Glenn is on (say) £35,000 a week, then if we sign him until the playoffs and pay all the wages it would cost 11 weeks x £35,000 = £385,000.

Promotion is worth a minimum (including parachute payments on a first season relegation) £178,000,000.

Even if we have to pay B'Muff a loan fee there is still merit signing him.............................if Hughton rates him, and that ultimately is what is important.

Even if ? Of course we would charge a loan fee, a loan fee that could then come off the price of a permanent fee if/once completed would suit everyone I would imagine, our situation has changed considerably since the article 6 weeks ago and I'm sure Eddie would listen to offers and also couldn't give a shi# if it's you or Wednesday after all why would he ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I totally agree, but Smug Eddie and Muzza both have to agree with the final destination.
Muzza you imagine would rather come to us, Smuggie would rather have all the wages paid and probably not want us in the Prem with them.

I hate all this 'smug' stuff. I have been watching him for years (interviews and that) and he seems like a decent humble lad, a credit to the club and a credit to himself. For 'smug'. I think of that pillock Adkins . . . chalk and cheese . . . .:shrug:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I hate all this 'smug' stuff. I have been watching him for years (interviews and that) and he seems like a decent humble lad, a credit to the club and a credit to himself. For 'smug'. I think of that pillock Adkins . . . chalk and cheese . . . .:shrug:

Yep, it's complete and utter nonsense. Talk about having to find an axe to grind for the sake of it. No problem with Howe at this end.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Thanks. If as previously suggested he is keen to come back then why not. He could be the difference between a top 2 finish and the lottery of the play-offs.

And he could be the difference in the play-offs too...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Does this mean it is happening or is this another waste of time thread?

More likely the latter than the former. I don't have any inside knowledge at all.

But if we do want him and he does want to come, it has to be more likely now given Bournemouth are largely free of relegation concerns and they seem to have a wealth of other attacking options once again.

that was weeks ago......the whole point of Bozza's thread is that things appear to have changed.:smile:

Have they?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Totally agree with this. Why would Howe to anything but the best for his club? He has done a fantastic job at Bournemouth and has never shouted the odds are got too big for his boots. One of the few bright young managers!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hemed has benefited this season from us having no adequate fit replacement or he would have been given up on ages ago.

Credit to him that he has had a couple of decent games reasonably recently but for a side looking for automatic promotion he is a weakness.

IMO we need much much more from him to go up.

Hemed is our leading goalscorer, and I'm fairly sure somebody produced a stat recently where Hemed & Baldock start together, we haven't lost a game.

Don't get me wrong, if Murray comes on loan, then I'll be very pleased, especially if it means we score the goals to get points, but at the moment, I have doubts that it will happen. Just my opinion.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
My dislike for Eddie Howe goes back to the 9 men game against Burnley, 1st season at the Amex, since then I have never liked him,
I suppose Smarmy would be a better desciption than smug.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hemed is our leading goalscorer, and I'm fairly sure somebody produced a stat recently where Hemed & Baldock start together, we haven't lost a game.

Don't get me wrong, if Murray comes on loan, then I'll be very pleased, especially if it means we score the goals to get points, but at the moment, I have doubts that it will happen. Just my opinion.

That stat is misleading. Not losing those games is not just down to Tomer / Sam. We DO lack a goal-scorer of the quality of our rivals. Muzza is the absolute best we are going to get IMHO.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Incorrect.

Thank you. At no point did my sources tell me that we were pursuing Bolaños as a primary option. He was simply a player 'in play' in our open negotiations in the January window, and he was on the radar. And that is not quite the same as insisting he was a definite primary target and he was imminently going to sign. Why the FECK do people have to manipulate your words to twist out something you never said; why do people have to misread, misinterpret and misquote what you said. When all I am doing is sharing what informed sources are telling me,

Suffice to say, I have been in Melbourne for several weeks on holiday, I'm still here now as I write, and let's just say I have family in Melbourne, as does someone we all know and love. And we'll leave it at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here