Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, I haven't seen that footage for decades but I clearly remember someone falling. I always wondered if they suffered bad injuries as a result. At that time man u were some of the worst.

At that time UEFA also acted against them after violence overseas.

Didn’t they have to play a home European game at Plymouth behind closed doors?

afcb

Dec 14, 2007

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

The Bournemouth fans, in their thousands, arrived early. When I arrived (and there was little segregation, Bournemouth had taken the (empty) north Stand. As the crowd built, by KO, they had the right hand half of the north and we had the left. It was packed solid, the atmosphere was electric and hostile with missiles flying and crowd surges. The police were in the middle and they brough dogs in, although they didn't stay long, driven mad by the noise.
:mitoma:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
This in the waffle in the link posted by the OP:-

"Brighton since they became members of the Football League have played at four different grounds. The longest time and first was the Goldstone Ground which was their home for just under a hundred years. It was also a ground where you could be behind the goal your team was attacking for the full duration of the game, as you could walk around the inside of the ground and change ends."

That's complete cobblers!!

I used to be let through from the North to the West so I could get a beer in the second half, thats not what I told the gate steward though, "to meet a friend" which is the same thing from certain perspectives.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Carrow road incident, is that where they climbed onto the stand roof?

I went to that game. Long story short, a fair few mates were United fans, and would travel to away games from Worthing.
A Luton van was hired for that game and about 15 of us went to Norwich in the back. A pretty riotous day all in all .
The lad who fell off through the roof landed about 10 foot from us and was taken away in an ambulance. The rumour later was he broke his back, not sure how true that is though.

We got stopped by OB on the way home, cos the back door on the van was open and we were sitting with our feet dangling over the back.
The coppers just told us to roll down the shutter thing, and not be so stupid and sent us on our way.

Different times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I went to that game. Long story short, a fair few mates were United fans, and would travel to away games from Worthing.
A Luton van was hired for that game and about 15 of us went to Norwich in the back. A pretty riotous day all in all .
The lad who fell off through the roof landed about 10 foot from us and was taken away in an ambulance. The rumour later was he broke his back, not sure how true that is though.

We got stopped by OB on the way home, cos the back door on the van was open and we were sitting with our feet dangling over the back.
The coppers just told us to roll down the shutter thing, and not be so stupid and sent us on our way.

Different times.
You're right, different times. I don't miss the violence and lots of things have improved, but I miss the 70's when health and safety wasn't invented lol.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Slightly odd comment on MotD last night. The commentator referred to us as “South coast neighbours”

Eh? Last time I looked it was roughly 100 miles between Brighton and Bournemouth. Hardly “neighbours” 🤷‍♂️

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Slightly odd comment on MotD last night. The commentator referred to us as “South coast neighbours”

Eh? Last time I looked it was roughly 100 miles between Brighton and Bournemouth. Hardly “neighbours” 🤷‍♂️
I often find people who have little knowledge of the geography of the south of England - bar knowing roughly where London is. Having said that, my own knowledge of the north could do with a bit of revision every now and then. EG: took one of our daughters to look at universities a few years ago, and was surprised that Durham was south of Newcastle.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
1695632572710.png

What a nasty little club they are. I'd hope if anyone used language, or treated another poster like that on here they'd get a lifetime ban.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The South Coast, Thanet to Lands End is 365 miles. That's further than from Southampton to Newcastle, yet according to (mostly Northern) football commentators, every team anywhere on the route has a derby with each other. The same people throw their hands up in the air about our rivalry with Palace because we're 45 miles away.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I often find people who have little knowledge of the geography of the south of England - bar knowing roughly where London is. Having said that, my own knowledge of the north could do with a bit of revision every now and then. EG: took one of our daughters to look at universities a few years ago, and was surprised that Durham was south of Newcastle.
Equally, people refer to Dorset as South West (even those who live there) but it hardly seems like it when you live in Penzance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Just after 8 mins - rather than say anything I thought it funny to just stare at the camera 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty fair responses from most of those Bournemouth fans tbf. Especially the guy in the yellow away shirt (9-10mins) who acknowledges that "Brighton will walk away from that thinking we've not really played to our best, but still ended up winning comfortably"

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The Carrow road incident, is that where they climbed onto the stand roof?
And there was this one at Scarborough's first ever league game, when the whole of Wolverhampton turned up!

Ahhh, the good old days!!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
View attachment 166947
What a nasty little club they are. I'd hope if anyone used language, or treated another poster like that on here they'd get a lifetime ban.
Really pathetic to quote one person and slag off the whole club. As if there aren't braindead whoppers doing the rounds on this very forum posting similar bile about any club who happen to be mentioned. The core of Bournemouth's support is exactly the same as the core of our support, passionate fans supporting their local club and enjoying the ride at the top flight having seen the struggles in the 4th tier.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
About 1978 I was in the NS, just 13 and passive, Millwall were the visitors. What did the NS hold at a packed game, 7,000?

Out of nowhere about 10 Millwall fans kicked off. Older than Albion hooligans, mid 40’s, huge dockers I’m guessing.

From what I could see the entire 7,000 were scared of them. Took dozens of coppers to prize them off of crash barriers and out of the stadium.
Yes indeed @Weststander - indeed. I was always looking to avoid the violence personally as I would have lost any fight I had! Millwall was always the game I was most wary of. I’m sure at one game in the 70s one of their idiots was trying to attack a Shepherd!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here