Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bournemouth fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bit of a difference between a kid sneaking round to get a view from the other end, to suggesting that the away and home support could swap ends at half time (which is sort of what I took from the quoted text).

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

If their fan meant the entire Bmuff support (475 grandads and wallies), he’s lying. Or did he just mean his group?

Until about 1977 you could literally wander round unless say Palarse or Millwall were visiting. There was no segregation fences or gates were wide open. There were few club personnel.

Isn’t there a Bmuff tale where they say they beat up the entire NS in the NS and made everyone run away, early 70’s?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It feels like their problem is no-one hates them and no-one likes them.

They're irrelevant to pretty much everyone.

That's enough to create little man syndrome in pretty much anyone, and particularly if you already are one of the littlest men around.
So what yr saying is that Bmuff fans are really Hobbits and live in and around the Shire of Dorset.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Relieved I didn`t run into their Stone Island boys after the game, they look terrifying.
Haha the lads when I just stared at the camera I spoke to after and they were sound. One was from Manchester and not a muff fan 🤣 harmless tbf.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Winds me up that we have to give them 3000 tickets but we only get about a 1000 for there place, should be that what they give you they get back, so 1000 for them.
This in the waffle in the link posted by the OP:-

"Brighton since they became members of the Football League have played at four different grounds. The longest time and first was the Goldstone Ground which was their home for just under a hundred years. It was also a ground where you could be behind the goal your team was attacking for the full duration of the game, as you could walk around the inside of the ground and change ends."

That's complete cobblers!!
Not in my life time , you could pay to get in the North Stand from the chicken run when I first started going back in the late 60s
I think you had to pay maybe a shilling to transfer to the north stand

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If their fan meant the entire Bmuff support (475 grandads and wallies), he’s lying. Or did he just mean his group?

Until about 1977 you could literally wander round unless say Palarse or Millwall were visiting. There was no segregation fences or gates were wide open. There were few club personnel.

Isn’t there a Bmuff tale where they say they beat up the entire NS in the NS and made everyone run away, early 70’s?
More like a fantasy, I can only think of a couple of teams who could do that Bmuff no chance

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Blimey some snobbery on here. I don’t like ‘em, but they’re a long and proud history. Their fans every bit as passionate. Just not as many.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Odd bunch. Don’t really like or dislike them, just kinda “nothing” them.

No idea why they get so riled up about us, we’re not even close to being rivals.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A brilliant “south coast derby” (no, it isn’t) moment on the way home. Queuing for the gents at Brighton Station a Bournemouth “lad” in tailored shorts, long white addidas socks and Sketchers couldn’t wait to giggle at a long haired, and slightly disheveled Brighton fan with a bar scarf tied round his head.

The devastating response from ours - (I might paraphrase) “you still lost mate, you’re shit” seemed to leave the walking cliche with a bad case of sudden mute syndrome.

I’ve been giggling at the pathetic scene on and off since.

Meanwhile, in Amsterdam…

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More like a fantasy, I can only think of a couple of teams who could do that Bmuff no chance
Sorry to spoil your day, but I was there at the match this claim is from.

The incident was about an hour before kick off and there were about 100 people in the ground. Whilst their initial rush into the north stand was successful, they arrived on the North West terrace a few minutes later somewhat bloodied after the counter-offensive saw them off again.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
A brilliant “south coast derby” (no, it isn’t) moment on the way home. Queuing for the gents at Brighton Station a Bournemouth “lad” in tailored shorts, long white addidas socks and Sketchers couldn’t wait to giggle at a long haired, and slightly disheveled Brighton fan with a bar scarf tied round his head.

The devastating response from ours - (I might paraphrase) “you still lost mate, you’re shit” seemed to leave the walking cliche with a bad case of sudden mute syndrome.

I’ve been giggling at the pathetic scene on and off since.

Meanwhile, in Amsterdam…

Just so passionate these continental ultras, English football fandom is pathetic in comparison, we should all be so in awe of them

Yadda yadda yadda

They're mostly just bloody nutters with no other outlet in life ffs

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
It started before then.
71/72 season, their coaches got bricked at the Greyhound Stadium.
Return match at Dean Court they chased us back to the station!
After that game at Dean Court on Easter Saturday they had good cause to be upset. Bertie Lutton's late equaliser really burst their bubble, and we ended being promoted instead of them. Was the first time, but not the last, that we put one over on John Bond

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If they had a 20k stadium I doubt they'd fill it (except for the Manyoo and Liverpools). If they drifted back to the noddy leagues they'd be back to their stock 10k at best.
Is that what the three lower leagues are called now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

December 72 in the north was bad. I remember a Bournemouth fan being led out of the north stand smothered in blood. They were in there ok.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just so passionate these continental ultras, English football fandom is pathetic in comparison, we should all be so in awe of them

Yadda yadda yadda

They're mostly just bloody nutters with no other outlet in life ffs
Oh I’m not appreciating them in any way - but that will be what we’re facing in November as opposed to some coward who looks like he’s been dressed by Churchill Square’s marketing manager.

I’m sure we’re all ready. Right?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
December 72 in the north was bad. I remember a Bournemouth fan being led out of the north stand smothered in blood. They were in there ok.

Before my time, but that was it.

The Plucky nsc’er who strangely disappeared about 2 years ago ???, was often rattling on about the day they beat Albion up in NS, made our fanbase run away and they kept it.

Does that reflect the events?

51 years on I realise.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I was at the game at the Goldstone when over 30,000 were in to see us play Ted MacShite and chums in the early 70s (when they were quite good). But the only time I remember the North being 'taken' was around 71/2 when about 10 Gillingham supporters 'took' the centre of a 75% empty space. I was in the West chicken run at the time and fund it all rather amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here