Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro will claim top spot within 3 games?

Will 'Boro pass us soon?

• Yes they will they have a large expensive squad.

Votes: 82 49.4%
  • No we are miles better.......money ....phah

Votes: 84 50.6%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or somewhere in between, you could be this year's Brentford, getting into the playoffs on the last day, still enough to make the rest of the league take note and even if you didn't triumph through them, still sufficent to generate a wave of optimism around the place that you're going places which as well as giving your team confidence may convince your chairman to part with substancial sums of cash to have a pop at the autos the following season.
He has consistently stayed within FFP limits and there's no reason to think he won't next year.

though I wasn't at the game last season at your place, the lads who did go said you were a decent bunch, who applauded the away following when announced
Applauding away fans aside, we are a decent bunch.

for you to get the same points as we did last season would require a swing of +39 points up on last year. Bournemouth managed an improvement in the mid twenties on the 13/14 season which saw them up and were considered a bolt from the blue
You know we were in the playoffs two seasons running prior to last year's disaster, right?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wouldn't pay much attention to Middlesbrough. I think they will win the league comfortably come close of play. I'm not bothered by them going above us, it's not a sign of failure. I do believe we have enough to stay ahead of the others though. It's third place I keep looking at, and I like the six point gap, albeit with six teams lining up. Early days, but enjoyable ones.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I wouldn't pay much attention to Middlesbrough. I think they will win the league comfortably come close of play. I'm not bothered by them going above us, it's not a sign of failure. I do believe we have enough to stay ahead of the others though. It's third place I keep looking at, and I like the six point gap, albeit with six teams lining up. Early days, but enjoyable ones.

If we'd spunked as much money as they have on players I would be bitterly disappointed if we didn't get an automatic promotion slot. And I imagine that Tony Bloom would be incandescent!!

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
He has consistently stayed within FFP limits and there's no reason to think he won't next year.

Applauding away fans aside, we are a decent bunch.

You know we were in the playoffs two seasons running prior to last year's disaster, right?

Regarding FFP, apart from the rules being relaxed a little and the fact it is now calculated over a rolling 3 period you would bank a couple of mill from the playoffs as we did, should you reach the final. Gate receipts would also be up and you're likely to have more televised games the following season. Providing your chairman is willing and able to sink millions into the club, the cost can be offset against your premiership income the season after. If you don't go up it's a bit of a gamble as you would have the assets you bought to flog to claw some of the money back, so in a way you'd be starting from scratch. The gamble seems more favourable to take than last time you had made the playoffs as the Prem money will be leaping to absurd levels in a year so the rewards are greater financially.

Applauding away attendances was just an example I gave of you being viewed as a decent lot, hardly the only one! Plus games at your place are always a good day out.

Indeed I was aware of your two fine seasons prior to last year. However last season which you categorised as a disaster saw you drop 25 points on the season before, akin to Bournemouth's leap up last time out. Both of these were considered a massive difference. It is possible you could make a leap of 40 to 45 points required to win the league, but more likely that you get the 30 odd required to match Brentford's total last season. You would only need an improvement of 12 points to match Forest's tally from last season, but I also believe it overwhelmingly more likely that you can far exceed that.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Regarding FFP, apart from the rules being relaxed a little and the fact it is now calculated over a rolling 3 period you would bank a couple of mill from the playoffs as we did, should you reach the final. Gate receipts would also be up and you're likely to have more televised games the following season. Providing your chairman is willing and able to sink millions into the club, the cost can be offset against your premiership income the season after. If you don't go up it's a bit of a gamble as you would have the assets you bought to flog to claw some of the money back, so in a way you'd be starting from scratch. The gamble seems more favourable to take than last time you had made the playoffs as the Prem money will be leaping to absurd levels in a year so the rewards are greater financially.

Applauding away attendances was just an example I gave of you being viewed as a decent lot, hardly the only one! Plus games at your place are always a good day out.

Indeed I was aware of your two fine seasons prior to last year. However last season which you categorised as a disaster saw you drop 25 points on the season before, akin to Bournemouth's leap up last time out. Both of these were considered a massive difference. It is possible you could make a leap of 40 to 45 points required to win the league, but more likely that you get the 30 odd required to match Brentford's total last season. You would only need an improvement of 12 points to match Forest's tally from last season, but I also believe it overwhelmingly more likely that you can far exceed that.

The three year period is from next season,thisseason the limit has been raised to 13 million total in line with that

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why that fat clown in charge of the skunks up the road from us gave him the shove in favour of firstly Pardew then John bloody Carver despite Hughton taking over as caretaker, getting them promoted then seeing them up into the european places partway through the season when he got the boot God only knows, but there you go.

Hadn't heard that one before :clap: You'll most likely get the chance to hold your nose while you stride above them come May.
ps you need to work on your insults for Ashley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here