Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boro will claim top spot within 3 games?

Will 'Boro pass us soon?

• Yes they will they have a large expensive squad.

Votes: 82 49.4%
  • No we are miles better.......money ....phah

Votes: 84 50.6%

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I would love to see Brighton and Boro already promoted by then with us beating them on the last game of the season at the Riverside to become Champions. [emoji106]

Disclaimer: I have flights booked for to see that game and the last home game as part of the annual Flying Squad trip.
That'll be fun, first vs second to decide who's top on the last day!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's all a touch premature. Hate to say it but I fancy leeds to beat boro tomorrow and then it'll be a big challenge for them to overtake us in what will be 2 games

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

In the sense that Middlesbrough's recent form is better i.e. winning and not drawing and Brighton could be 4 first team players down for the next few games.

Not that I'm saying Middlesbrough are better than Brighton, or vice versa.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In the sense that Middlesbrough's recent form is better i.e. winning and not drawing and Brighton could be 4 first team players down for the next few games.

Not that I'm saying Middlesbrough are better than Brighton, or vice versa.

Why four players down?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why four players down?

Potentially Murphy, Bruno, Lua Lua and Hemed. Although potentially all four could feature in the next game. I'm not saying Middlesbrough are going to win all their remaining games and Brighton lose theirs, just answering the pole question based on the most recent form and our potential squad of fit players!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Our good start was largely due to having a full squad with zero injuries. Over the season you would usually expect at least four our. Take out those four and you have March and Elvis or Calderon starting and no strikers on the bench (again). Shows how thin the squad still is.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think we have to face the fact that Middlesbrough have a superior squad, particularly in terms of forwards, seeing that they could afford to sell Lee Tomlin to Bournemouth and Jelle Vossen to Burnley (interestingly he hardly played for them last season except towards the end) and were able to replace them with Christian Stuani and David Nugent. I was rather disappointed that we didn't make a greater effort (or maybe we were pipped at the post by Middlesbrough) at signing Stuani. I have a strong inkling (that notorious list that he was supposed to have given Tony Bloom) that he was one of the players Oscar wanted, and I think Frutos posted at one point that we were in for him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It seems worth noting that Boro's good start to the season has been mainly against teams in the bottom half of the table. They have only played three teams who currently sit in the top half and nobody higher than 8th placed Derby who they didn't beat. The strength of their squad has to make them contenders, but until they have played and beaten teams in the top six, it seems presumptuous to assume that they are a shoo in for the top two at the end of the season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It seems worth noting that Boro's good start to the season has been mainly against teams in the bottom half of the table. They have only played three teams who currently sit in the top half and nobody higher than 8th placed Derby who they didn't beat. The strength of their squad has to make them contenders, but until they have played and beaten teams in the top six, it seems presumptuous to assume that they are a shoo in for the top two at the end of the season.

Going into this round of games Leeds (10th place) were the highest placed team Boro would have faced.
I'd rather be a layer than a backer at 10/11 for the league.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We're top at the moment. Let's keep looking forwards. One way guaranteed to cock it up is to keeping looking over our shoulder.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All I know is we will be top when we kick off against Cardiff.
Absolutely.

And we need to focus on a professional performance, get 3 points, and then look at the table over the international break.

In dreamland, we'd be 6-7 points clear of 2nd place.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have built up a solid gap between us and 3rd which will take some run from the pack to displace us from the auto spots. Some very winnable games coming up at home and if we keep this run going we could be in a very strong position come Xmas.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Next 4 after today for boro are away to reading, home to Fulham and then away to Cardiff and wolves

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Boro scored already after 2 mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here