Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Boris sends gunboats to defend Jersey'

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
It's a bit like the Cuba crisis. Thankfully Nuclear Armageddon has been avoided.:)

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Please read the article I've quoted in post 124. The licences have been messed up.
This government is great with headlines but details are very hard to work out. It takes time and effort to get details right.

Hastings and Worthing are quite safe.
I have read the article in post 124, it appears you haven't if the view of the President of the Jersey Fishermens Association is anything to go by,the licences haven't been 'messed up' at all.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Funny how he sends the gun boats the day before the election the first election that UKIP is not standing and its 10% of the vote is to play for, there's nothing more these far right foaming at the mouth Brexit loons love than the British Empire exerting it's mighty power over those French

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Funny how he sends the gun boats the day before the election the first election that UKIP is not standing and its 10% of the vote is to play for, there's nothing more these far right foaming at the mouth Brexit loons love than the British Empire exerting it's mighty power over those French
The Government has reacted to a situation caused entirely by the French,no.more no less,and I didn't vote Tory today.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
They aren't , you've either not read the whole article or you're quite blatantly lying, which is it ?

He does that a lot. Amusing to see how a light-hearted thread soon descended into meltdowns from people who still haven't got over the referendum result and the 'omg how can the thicky electorate not realise they are being manipulated' brigade who don't seem to realise the government is already polling very well (10 point lead in the latest poll) and looks almost certain to take another brick out of the red wall so isn't overly desperate for a fabricated mini fish war with France!

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
He does that a lot. Amusing to see how a light-hearted thread soon descended into meltdowns from people who still haven't got over the referendum result and the 'omg how can the thicky electorate not realise they are being manipulated' brigade who don't seem to realise the government is already polling very well (10 point lead in the latest poll) and looks almost certain to take another brick out of the red wall so isn't overly desperate for a fabricated mini fish war with France!
Very well put,what are my chances of receiving an answer?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And which side is Jersey siding with ? I knew you couldn't trust the Crapauds, they're practically french anyway

Oyster farmer: ‘It has been an absolute disgrace by our government’

JERSEY’S largest oyster producer says he stands side-by-side with aggrieved French fishermen and will even support a potential 'peaceful' port blockade – if it goes ahead.Chris Le Masurier, owner of the Jersey Oyster Company, described conditions placed upon the new post-Brexit fishing licences issued to Breton and Norman fishermen as ‘insulting and discriminatory’.

He said: ‘I will stand with them and take the Normandy Trader [boat] and be with them to take part in a peaceful protest. It has been an absolute disgrace by our government. ‘The government went out there and told them “don’t worry – as long as you have fished for ten days in 2017, 2018 or 2019 then you will be given a licence and can carry on”. But on Friday afternoon the licences were issued with all these conditions attached. It came to Monday morning and some could not go fishing.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/05/05/oyster-farmer-it-has-been-an-absolute-disgrace-by-our-government/

And after all we did for them in WW2 ???

Why didn't you post the whole article? Anyone would think you were being disingenuous, Don't worry I'll post it for you
However, Don Thompson, president of the Jersey Fisherman’s Association, said Jersey had been ‘quite generous’ in its licensing scheme and described France’s response as an ‘over-reaction’.

Don Thompson. Picture: ROB CURRIE. (30777800)
Don Thompson. Picture: ROB CURRIE. (30777800)

He said: ‘The EU have signed up to the [post-Brexit] Trade and Co-operation Agreement which states that Jersey must recognise the extent of previous fishing in our waters. The restrictions on the new licences cover what the French were already doing in our waters and are only preventing them from expanding their fishing efforts, which is needed if we are going to have sustainability in our waters.

‘A point that is being missed is that Jersey boats do not have licences to fish in French waters – we are restricted to our own territorial waters while they can use ours, if any restrictions are placed on their own.’

Mr Thompson also highlighted how the approved 41 French vessels had been given a licence for free and urged Jersey’s government not to give in to the French.

‘Our boats would be charged £250,000 if they were to have something similar. Our advice to ministers is that they should not capitulate to these intimidation and bullying tactics that are being used,’ he said.

‘If we do capitulate now then they are just going to do the same thing every time we try to apply some form of management to make our waters sustainable.’

See the bit in blue ? That's where I posted the whole article :facepalm:

Taking a small part of the article and putting it in bold like that, with no reference to the full article could be considered disingenuous by some :dunce:

‘What a lot of people do not realise is that 90% of what is caught wild and farmed locally in Jersey is then exported to mainland Europe. See ?

I expect to explain the workings of the Internet to new people on NSC who struggle a little with logic, but for such an obvious duplicate account, REALLY ? :facepalm:

And I am so sorry I haven't replied earlier but I don't spend all day on NSC like yourself and it appears, coincidentally JCFG, since he lost his job :wink:

Last edited:

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
See the bit in blue ? That's where I posted the whole article :facepalm:

And taking a bit of the article and putting it in bold like that, makes no difference

‘What a lot of people do not realise is that 90% of what is caught wild and farmed locally in Jersey is then exported to mainland Europe. See ?

I expect to explain the workings of the Internet to new people on NSC who struggle a little with logic, but for such an obvious duplicate account, REALLY ? :facepalm:

And I am so sorry I haven't replied earlier but I don't spend all day on NSC like yourself and it appears, coincidentally JCFG, since he lost his job :wink:
Yes but you only quoted the part you wanted people to see,gambling (unsuccessfully)that people would be too lazy to.click on your link,so let's be honest you didn't post the 'whole article' at all and are now looking rather foolish having been exposed as at best a fool who fails to grasp the big picture and at worst a liar, what I am certain of is that you're in possession of a nasty,spiteful streak with your reference to someone losing their job, did you mean to be so unpleasant?

***Duplicate account*** I guarantee 100% I'm not

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Crecy, Poiters, Agincourt, Trafalgar, Waterloo..........will they never learn?

No wins in five. And I thought it was only the Albion that were shit at home.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes but you only quoted the part you wanted people to see,gambling (unsuccessfully)that people would be too lazy to.click on your link,so let's be honest you didn't post the 'whole article' at all and are now looking rather foolish having been exposed as at best a fool who fails to grasp the big picture and at worst a liar, what I am certain of is that you're in possession of a nasty,spiteful streak with your reference to someone losing their job, did you mean to be so unpleasant?

Where you this aggressive on your last account ?

Nice edit.

(You don't want to be editing posts with [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] around. He'll be all over you :bigwave:)

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
Where you this aggressive on your last account ?

Nice edit. You'll get a reputation :bigwave:
This is the one and only account I've ever had,your attempts at deflection from your posts which have proven factually incorrect and rather foolish are blatantly obvious and only adding to how silly youre beginning to.look.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I read your comment about 99% of leave voters being unpleasant and was driven to reply and ask you on what basis you came to such a ridiculous conclusion.

But I think that comment speaks volumes about you and your attitudes, so I'll just giggle at you and move on.

99% of leave voter ON HERE. I made that clear. Not in the wider public. There is a distinction. Please read more carefully in the future. Please do giggle though, it’s healthy to laugh :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very well put,what are my chances of receiving an answer?

It’s a statement from one side, which doesn’t agree with another shellfish producer based in Jersey. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.
Your posts are aggressive and provocative and I’m on the the verge of putting you on ignore, not just based on today but a couple of posts in the Bear Pit.
Taunting someone doesn’t make for reasoned debate.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The Government has reacted to a situation caused entirely by the French,no.more no less,and I didn't vote Tory today.

True however he could have just ignored it as the French fishermen came had a chat and went home Boris was sabre rattling for a home audience

Last edited:

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
It’s a statement from one side, which doesn’t agree with another shellfish producer based in Jersey. The truth probably lies somewhere in between.
Your posts are aggressive and provocative and I’m on the the verge of putting you on ignore, not just based on today but a couple of posts in the Bear Pit.
Taunting someone doesn’t make for reasoned debate.
The post you quoted was aimed at Watford Zero, as for putting me on ignore, you're free to do what you want,however I take issue with your claim that I'm taunting you, I'm not at all, I quite simply felt in deserved an answer to.my post which let's be honest, proved yours wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here