Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson you total tool

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nice to see a Foreign Secretary generating a bit of interest and debate for a change. Can anyone remember anything Philip Hammond said in the last 2 years?

As a posh, white, Tory Brexiteer he was always going to get some predictable flack. I like him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nice to see a Foreign Secretary generating a bit of interest and debate for a change. Can anyone remember anything Philip Hammond said in the last 2 years?

As a posh, white, Tory Brexiteer he was always going to get some predictable flack. I like him.

The rest of the world sees us as, at best a laughing stock, at worst a bunch of racist turkeys who just voted for christmas. The last thing the UK needs now is someone to exacerbate this perception of us. We need a stoic, level headed representative in the world we have just found ourselves very much alone in. You want the ridiculous Brexit result ti be taken even remotely seriously? He is not the man to make that happen.

Open your eyee, man. He is not what we need.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Boris's track record includes the line "I'm going to design the homeless out of London". The closing of vulnerable women's shelters and reduction of vulnerable women's support services in London. Letting his lover's husband believe his two children were his, they weren't they were Boris's. Getting that husband to pay for the Olympic statue when Boris realised he didn't have the public purse behind him to build it. Giving out the personal details of journalists to his aggrieved mate, then getting angry with said mate because his mate had the journalist beaten up. Promising the UK that his Boris Bike scheme wouldn't cost the public a penny then having Barclay's pull out so he used public funds to fund the scheme until another sponser could be found. The list goes on and on...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The rest of the world sees us as, at best a laughing stock, at worst a bunch of racist turkeys who just voted for christmas. The last thing the UK needs now is someone to exacerbate this perception of us. We need a stoic, level headed representative in the world we have just found ourselves very much alone in. You want the ridiculous Brexit result ti be taken even remotely seriously? He is not the man to make that happen.

That's how you view are current situation, I doubt it's viewed in exactly those terms by the rest of the world. Didn't he represent one of the worlds greatest cities for many years?

As with Brexit I think it best to give it/him more than a few weeks before making overall judgements of success/competence.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I wonder which MP involved after Brexit and trying to get on with the job that the majority voted for will be next for the sneers and jibes of the bitter Remainers.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's how you view are current situation, I doubt it's viewed in exactly those terms by the rest of the world. Didn't he represent one of the worlds greatest cities for many years?

As with Brexit I think it best to give it/him more than a few weeks before making overall judgements of success/competence.

See above post for the mess he made of London. Sure on the surface he made it look shiny and new, mainly off the back of someone else's work when he inherited the Olympics but scratch beneath and you can find the mess he made of it all in real terms.

I'll leave my comments there as he is one bloke that really winds me up but let's review in say a year. I don't think your hero will have proven to be anything othrer than an abject failure and embarrassment.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
See above post for the mess he made of London. Sure on the surface he made it look shiny and new, mainly off the back of someone else's work when he inherited the Olympics but scratch beneath and you can find the mess he made of it all in real terms.

I'll leave my comments there as he is one bloke that really winds me up but let's review in say a year. I don't think your hero will have proven to be anything othrer than an abject failure and embarrassment.

Such a mess that they re elected him.

If you resist laying into him for a year I will be impressed. Expect an ongoing cherry picking negative critique of his efforts from numerous people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Such a mess that they re elected him.

If you resist laying into him for a year I will be impressed. Expect an ongoing cherry picking negative critique of his efforts from numerous people.

I think the recent referendum results show that people very often vote for stupid things ;-)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Having now watched it I thought it was quite funny really. Makes a change from the stuffed shirt type politicians. Really not sure why people are getting their knickers in a twist - not a touch on the radio interview of Natalie Bennett which really WAS cringe worthy.
Spot on, dont see what the fuss is about.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Why have you got a new account nibble ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Purely a case of Brexiteers knowing that they have chunked this up big time and so will profess faith in anyone and anything that occurs as a result of Brexit , to save face.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
So... you appear to be calling into question the judgement of the new PM.
Boris is marmite. Like him or loathe him in equal measure. Like Trump, like Thatcher. The movers and shakers are always perceived thus. They aren't afraid of taking unpopular decisions. There is nothing bland about them. They will make mistakes but they will also win big.
Boris can appear bumbling, light-hearted and often just plain silly but his engaging manner and bumbling creates room for manouvre, for he has as flexible and sharp an intellect as you'll find anywhere. He has a vision for Britain, unlike many who deride him and a deep grounding in our history. He is a great salesman and May has made an inspired choice as Foreign Secretary. The world outside the EU is changing at a faster rate than ever before and we will be at the forefront of the ongoing, accelerating revolution, with some of the brightest and most creative in the world. Leaving the EU throws open new opportunities that the EU only ever obscured and sought to suppress or own, as politicians and bureaucrats invariably do.
Boris will be at the forefront of discussions with China, that will lead to an ongoing trade and investment relationship with a country that is embracing technological change and financial transparency far more than us and our European neighbours. Likewise the Indian sub-continent. The world is changing rapidly and we need to change with it.
Theresa May is well rounded and intelligent. The last position she would gamble with is Foreign Secretary. There is simply too much at stake. She knows how popular Boris is with the general public and she knows that he will develop good relationships with other countries representatives and first and foremost, will put our interests above anything else.

And his dscription of Hilry CLinton was spot on and will win support in the US. He did everything but call her Nurse Cratchett.

General consensus was that he performed pretty well. Never has Senator Kerry looked so open and human. I think Boris will be an inspired choice.

These Remainers really need to move on now. Boris is Foreign Secretary and the IMF admit they got the doom and gloom a little bit wrong.

Come on remainers, feel the love and get over it.☺

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The stock markets are SOARING again today on the back of Boris's performance yesterday.
The FTSE 100 bullmarket (up more than 20% since the February low) continues apace and the FTSE 250 (which, as we all now know, is more representative of UK industry) is up 2000 points from it's post-Brexit low,has just passed 17,000 in anupwards direction and is only 500 points below it's immediate pre-Brexit high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here