Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
You can guess all you want, but you still don't seem to understand that it's not a political party issue. I can tell you that in my lifetime there has never been such an incompetent Government in the UK (and that's a lot of Governments of various political hues).

And it seems I am in good company.

Veteran UK politics journalist and news presenter David Dimbleby has named the current Conservative government as the worst in his entire lifetime.

Dimbleby, who is 82 years old, fronted the BBC's coverage of every general election from 1979 to 2017, as well as the Brexit referendum and Question Time. It's safe to say that he has seen his fair share of governments and prime ministers in that time, and he ranks the current crop, led by Boris Johnson as the lowest of the low.

https://www.indy100.com/news/david-dimbleby-boris-johnson-uk-government-b1767250

The older you are the more sure you are right and the more likely you are wrong............I should know :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Tier 4's all raaand

4qzof5.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I used to have sympathy for Boris, Hancock, Whitty and such because they are facing an unprecedented crisis.

However my sympathy has waned watching them get nearly every single decision wrong throughout the crisis, just a few days ago they announced the whole 5 days of Christmas bollocks which we all know will make no difference to the majority, a few days later they move 60 million people into Tier 3 restrictions and then now by the looks of it are announcing Christmas is cancelled and there will be another shutdown.

I genuinely don’t think they could have got more wrong if they tried.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
no one has said that.

bj's decisions and the timing of them has been extremely questionable,

he did choose to be pm and attempt to emulate churchill

lot of truth in that Rogersix, but he never thought any further than Brexit. Classic example of be careful what you wish for

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This x 100.

This is a very fast moving situation. Put yourself in his shoes. He has to listen to the experts, when things change he then has to react. Everyone cries u-turn, but if things change what is he supposed to do? It’s a nightmare situation and they are doing the best they can do based on the advice they are given.

Then perhaps he should stop saying what he thinks the public want to hear:-

"I'm saving Christmas"

& instead tell us what we need to hear:-

'keep your distance, wear a mask, sorry it's essential services and nothing else'.

Stumpy Tim

I used to have sympathy for Boris, Hancock, Whitty and such because they are facing an unprecedented crisis.

However my sympathy has waned watching them get nearly every single decision wrong throughout the crisis, just a few days ago they announced the whole 5 days of Christmas bollocks which we all know will make no difference to the majority, a few days later they move 60 million people into Tier 3 restrictions and then now by the looks of it are announcing Christmas is cancelled and there will be another shutdown.

I genuinely don’t think they could have got more wrong if they tried.

While I agree with what you´re saying, I hate the term "Christmas is cancelled". No it´s not! It may be smaller, it may be toned down, but it isn´t cancelled

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blaming the Government for the current situation is an easy cop out. The general public and their move to blase, along with the virus mutation is the main reason we have this massive surge imo.

The schools have been the main spreaders, Starmer goaded Johnson into keeping them open. They both have blood on their hands, we just have a rotten political system and rotten politicians

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
It is our great misfortune to have, at the time of greatest national emergency since WW2, the least competent government since the war. Johnson and his cabinet are bound purely by their allegiance to the cult of Brexit - leadership and the national interest are all secondary.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Im no virologist but presumably when you see a track up in deaths its too late, a rise in cases will likely result in a rise in deaths but not immediately (some weeks later). Cases as I understand it have risen sharply 32% in a week.

Precisely.

It's just amazing to me that a few idiots (who were bleating the same 'but deaths are still low so we don't need to do anything' mantra when cases were rising sharply in September/October) still haven't worked out how the trends and data works with this virus. It's hardly rocket science.

The last thing we need is to risk having the NHS to get overwhelemed with Covid cases just as the mass vaccination programme is meant to be swinging into action. And that is exacty where we are heading right now.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Government have made massive mistakes.

But bearing in mind how many people have just ignored rules, guidelines and restrictions over and over again I don’t think they would have ever got it right.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Then perhaps he should stop saying what he thinks the public want to hear:-

"I'm saving Christmas"

& instead tell us what we need to hear:-

'keep your distance, wear a mask, sorry it's essential services and nothing else'.

But no matter what he announces the Tory haters will blame him regardless

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blaming the Government for the current situation is an easy cop out. The general public and their move to blase, along with the virus mutation is the main reason we have this massive surge imo.

And yet during the summer when pubs and bars were packed, tens of thousands on protests, town centres packed, gyms open etc there was no big spikes in numbers?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Don't the government have some responsibility if people have become blase? Some people are always going to think it won't affect them but their messaging has been pretty shocking and inconsistent

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Blaming the public of which you and I are ..could also be seen as an easy cop out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But no matter what he announces the Tory haters will blame him regardless

Hate him for being cautious with the lives of his electorate.
Or
Hate him for being reckless with the lives of his electorate.

Being popular & PM aren't mutually exclusive.
Boris wants the former much more than the latter, and we've seen just how badly he wants the latter.

A very dangerous man

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here