Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
More contagious doesn’t mean more or equally deadly, they simple don’t know that yet. I suspect it may be what has happened with other viruses where they become more contagious but less deadly, that’s if the new strain even exists.

I know there was a more contagious version found in Spain recently which scientists said didn’t appear as deadly, the way Boris said the virus ‘could be up to 77% more contagious’ seems like very flakey scientific language at best.

That's how I understand it (I have no medical knowledge). It makes no sense for a virus to kill all its hosts, so it evolves to spread faster but kill fewer. Anyway, that's the straw of good news I'm clutching at, though it doesn't change anything re Xmas.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
More contagious doesn’t mean more or equally deadly, they simple don’t know that yet. I suspect it may be what has happened with other viruses where they become more contagious but less deadly, that’s if the new strain even exists.

I know there was a more contagious version found in Spain recently which scientists said didn’t appear as deadly, the way Boris said the virus ‘could be up to 77% more contagious’ seems like very flakey scientific language at best.

I agree.

This looks a bit panicky to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
failure after failure and we top europe for deaths.

Any other party wouldnt of done as badly , challenging but every single thing they have ballsed up

So well done all who voted

Every single thing? Bollocks - don't exaggerate. Surely, in hindsight, we could have done some things a bit differently - so could Macron, Merkel, or any other leaders you can bring up - but keep in mind that it's the virus that's killing people, not Boris Johnson.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Good luck to whoever is going to attempt to stop those from tier 4 areas travelling to go Christmas shopping in nearby towns in tier 2, seems like a fantastic way to spread this ‘new strain’ :rolleyes:

We need police and army road checks set.up on borders for tier 4 areas, too many selfish people.will try and ignore the new rules otherwise.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So let me get this right, you lot can still go to the pub and to football but we have to go through christmas with no family support again. We can't take it much longer. It's bonkers.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We need police and army road checks set.up on borders for tier 4 areas, too many selfish people.will try and ignore the new rules otherwise.

:lolol: Can always count on Crodo to lighten a thread up with a bit of light hearted stupidity. This isn’t North Korea.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I have to say, I've given up being fazed by this anymore. People stick to the rules, keep their end of the bargain, and then government mismanagement ruins it for everyone.

Genuinely what's the point. So many countries are virtually back to normal, meanwhile we can't even have a leader who shows up on time when announcing the next wave of restrictions. This year has been one blow after another, each one more avoidable than the last.

So to protect my sanity I've simply decided it's not worth caring about it anymore. I'll follow the rules, or at least protect my family to the best of my ability, but the whole thing is so draining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you honestly think anybody could've done any better ?, if so please explain because I'm sure numerous governments would be interested as they are all suffering the same fate

I think others could have done better just by being consistent and cautious with their message.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Good luck to whoever is going to attempt to stop those from tier 4 areas travelling to go Christmas shopping in nearby towns in tier 2, seems like a fantastic way to spread this ‘new strain’ :rolleyes:

Quite, having rother in 4 and wealden in 2 is just plain stupid, shame they aren't prioritising the vaccine into tier 4 areas.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hospitalisation numbers rocketing so worried the system will collapse I think.......

This is the bottom line isn’t it? Imagine not being able to be admitted to hospital because they can’t cope. It’s shit but it can’t be brushed under the carpet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here